• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Gervais Fishing Reports

I'm going to wuss out on the all nighter with these temps. It sounds fun, but my gut tells me to play it smart. I'd probably end up cussing and swearing all night. Gonna wait till it at least gets above 0. Good luck though if you guys give it a shot.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dinomak

• MrSchrute

• mosquitoman

• jwmiller33

I went for a drive yesterday to check out the Kolman bridge for parking and didn't find an area without no parking signs. Where do you guys park around that area? I did end up fishing till pretty late but was on a different lake. Even though the weather was cold outside I was suprised to see how warm my team wild version of the otter sled really was. I was roasting in that thing. lol

• 2 weeks later...

Spent the day out there yesterday and all I'm saying is that this lake freakin rocks!!! Heading there now for early morning session.

Where in the world can you park around by kolman lake bridge? I have been planning on fishing that lake for a while but the parking is whats killing me. I also planned on trying another spot on the other end that may be productive if I can't get a parking place on that end.

Yesterday I parked on the beach rd off edgerton and walked across to the point. It doesn't look like that far of a walk, but I felt it. It's not too bad if you're into trekking a little. Bite was really on from about 3 to 5pm and for the first time in years I left with my limit. Saw a couple trucks and a car go by; not sure how they got on the lake. Must have been from Spoon and up the creek??? Only one keeper this morning, but in a different spot.

Im not really into thr trekking thing much these days. I broke my ankle last year and that thing still aint right.

I'll look for that road tomorrow and try to get out there fishing in the next day or so.

Thanks for the help guys.

Bite is starting to slow down. Not sure what happened out there the other day, but someone was saying a truck fell thru where the springs are along the N shore. There's a big hole there now. Whatever the case is the water has an almost milky tint to it.

Oh dang! It's a good thing people can't drive on there threw spoon then or I bet more vehicles would end up going threw the ice. The water is milkey through your hole? or the big hole?

I heard from another source that they are trapping carp where it's fenced off at the big hole. Doin the same thing at Phalen. As far as I know a truck never went thru, but I still wouldn't drive along the north shoreline from edgerton to arcade due to active springs. Every hole I drilled around the bay had that milky tint.

I've never been on the lake and have been thinking about giving it a try.

Might be a dumb question, but could a person park at Spoon and take a snowmobile out?

I've never been on the lake and have been thinking about giving it a try.

Might be a dumb question, but could a person park at Spoon and take a snowmobile out?

Yeah, no problem.

I hit Gervais from 11am - 2pm. Took the sled under he bridge out of Keller Park. Started fishing in 3ft of water. One small sunny and then the 16" bass hit my tiny ultralight HT Ice Blues rid. It hit a tiny double hooked jig. Took half my rod down the hole. Exciting to say the least. I would guess about 2-3lbs.

Then moved to another spot and picked up a smaller walleye. Both went back.

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

Nice bass, bet that got the blood flowing a bit. I can't recall catching a bass thru the ice except outta the St. Croix River. The walleye is the average size that I and everyone else out there is getting. I've only heard of 1 or 2 that were of 20". Not alot of big eyes but it is a fun lake. C ya out there soon.

Pretty good night out there minus the slush and wind. Bagged an 18" eye, plus a couple 13's. Flag on the tip-up went up a few times, usually right when I was pulling one in from the house.

No, I seem to be having better luck on the south end where channel from Spoon meets the lake. Usually where I have been at the north end the bite slows way down after dark, or stops all together. Just the opposite on the south end, bite didn't start till an hour after dark.

its been years sence i have been ice fishing out thair been

out a cuple times to scout and heading out thair after work

sume time this week i work 2nd shift and get off at 11 pm

any good night spots out thair for eyes?

This is one of those lakes I wont drive on. Ice was only 8" thick where I was. I cant say the whole south shore was like that, but I notice that the regulars out there use wheelers and snowmobiles instead of their trucks. Over in the bay it's 13"+. I'm seeing big luxury vans and full size pickups coming up that channel from Spoon, gutsy!!!

the ice really that differint in spots. i have hade 20 in

by the beach in a fue spots havent really sat and fished for long yet triying to find a good spot for late night. is that you dinomak the red pop up if so do you know if the eyes bite

late night at around 11 pm to 3 am on that south shore?

would love sume pointers if you would be so kind.

Not me I'm usually in a small blue one man clam. I've talked with those guys in the red house though, they really hit every part of the lake, very mobile but on foot. Same results, some little ones and maybe a keeper or 2. I would say 11-3 am is the slowest time for bites, like any lake the twilight hours of morning or evening is best, but who can say for sure. I've sat out there a couple times till 2 am with notta darn thing. Keep jigging at night don't let your bobber just sit there. gl out there.

I must have been sitting over one of the springs on my last outting with the ice being not as thick.

i might make it out tonight if not ill take off work and

spend sume real time out on the lake soon if the night fishing ant no good ill walk it out next time so i can find a good spot

safely dont wana go throught the ice.

you mite have seen my blue van out thair yesterday about 1:30pm

on the north shore by the entrence to spoon. i had 20+in of ice and was siting in 20 fow thair for about 1 hr. had a good strike on a pupit minnow but had to leave for work.

havent made it out after work but have been out several times befor work for an hr. at a time not too much luck small northern and a small bass no mid day eyes though. any thoughts on were the eyes are dinomak?

You guys must be in the shallows getting these bass. I usually fish a little deeper there 10-17 fow. Should be good fishing tonight with full moon. I'm heading out to Minnetonka to try some new spots. gl

How driveable is this lake? I don't have a sled or wheeler and it looks like the parking situation could leave a guy walking a aways. I'm not a huge fan iff dragging all my gear around as it cuts down on mobility.

In my opinion it's just not worth it, there are a lot of springs in this lake, especially at the North End. The south end seems to be safe, but I wouldn't drive my car through the spoon access anyways, shallow water is always the most dangerous to drive on. Good luck out there, be safe...