• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

shed hunting

pinkfloyd4ever

Just found this matched set tonight about 8:00 P.M. as i was coming out of the woods. Spotted them from about 50 yards away hangin in some brush!!

Triggersheds2010.jpg

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shedaddict

• Musky Buck

• Monkster

• shedfreak

that is most definatly a yearling moose horn i've seen quite a few, notice the lack of rubbing marks near the base where a white-tail that size would definatly have been doing...

Can someone post some pics of a moose that has antlers like that on their head???

I am finding that impossible to believe that its a moose shed.

look up moose horns on line they don't get very big horns until they are about four years old.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

2009mounts016.jpg2009mounts018.jpg

Could you guys give me your opinions. Is this a moose shed or a whitetail shed?

I have to different opinions from a couple boone & crockett officals! I believe it is a whitetail. It scores 54 0/8 as a whitetail!!!

I say moose because of the shape but more so because of the texture.

i want to post pictures of the twenty or so horns i've picked this year but don't have access with my computer it's too protected for my work is there any other way to put them up... you can check them out on facebook search Scott Revier, in Fort Benton, MT. don't worry I'm a minnesota native but there are way more deer thus way more horns out here...

[email protected]

Here are a couple finds from last week. The bigger match set was found 300 yards apart, one on each side of a river. I found one side and a buddy found the other side a day later. The smaller match set was found just like in the picture. The flood waters dropped that log right on top of the one side. Most we find out here are covered in sediment from flooding so they are tougher to pick out.

0401001348a.jpg

0330001347.jpg

0330001347a.jpg

0330001453a.jpg

0330001512a.jpg

0330001513.jpg

0401001220.jpg

0401001220a.jpg

yah thats sooo a moose. Ive seen plenty of em like that. if ya found the other side though, it would be a great idea to put em on a whitetail head.... most ppl wouldnt know the difference, and see a giant 6 point!

I just started shed hunting a week ago, having pretty good luck though how does this look for my first find?......lol how do i enter an image?? found the button but whats this about entering a url?

[img:center]http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=11773787&id=548305452 did that work?

downeaster... Put your picture on photobucket dot com, then copy and paste the image code on here and it will work... smile

Just found sheds 23, 24 & 25 another matched set. What a great morning for a walk in the woods.

Triggersheds2010015.jpg

nice thanks tonkabass, the antlers in the center are form one my wife hit with her car, i found the other two while scouting for fall hunting. browtines are almost 6 inches each

Downeaster- Wow! That is very nice! Is your wife alright from the collision?

You said you found it while scouting...any sight of that deer while hunting???

Nice sheds guys. That one does carry its mass! I like the matching kickers on the set you have B.S.! smile I am about done for this year, might get out one more time, but got fishing on the brain now...

wife was fine, was her second in two months though, first deer ended up in the trunk, I saw nothing of that deer during hunting season but hope to see him this next one, found another antler the next day, do you think its the same deer?

DSC03472.jpg this one is just a bigger version of the others, built very much the same though, great mass, although its broken, i estimated it around a 160 class, the set scored over 140

That could definitely be the match. I guess hard to tell with some missing, either way, that's a dandy!

addicting, this all is! spent a week after these walking the woods, deer sign is spread all out up here, but nobody hunts for sheds, no pressure, found 9 moose antlers in 3 trips!

Oh My God!! I want some moose antler action!! I so crave the chance to look for moose, elk, and mulies!!!! And the word truly is ADDICTING!! My brothers even think I'm certifiable! And this forum is about as addicting and I'm glad I found it to see everybody else's success! Thanks a million everyboy!

We found 8 today between a buddy and me. One match set 9 pt and a match set yearling 6 pt. We also found out that there is a true antler addict living in the area we shed hunt that has picked over the spots we look and has found over 70 this year. Really dissapointing to find that out haha

went out friday and picked up twelve muley horns and then sunday afternoon here i scoped out a new peice of ground found five nice whitey horns... that makes over 40 for this guy on the year. bear hunting opens up here on the fifteenth so we'll hopefully be getting a few elk horns and a bear up on the mountain... oh sorry my company computer is too protected so no picks yet...

downsized_0318001813.jpg

well here goes i think i got the pictures thing figured out...

yep she works i had to use two different computers to do this...

this horn is off of a buck that i have to admit i shot on november 1st a 120yds. shot on the run and i knew i hit him hard 270win. to the neck dropped him like a rock. and to get to him i had to walk around some tuff terrain he was out of sight for four minutes tops and then gone, vanished, he must have lived for 8 or 10 weeks before dropping his horns and dieing in january when i found him i was so mad... i can't believe he lived that long. to date i have found that horn from this year and one from last year. this years 4pt. is over 70inches and last years 5pt. is over 77inches.

downsized_0318001805a.jpg

downsized_0321001415.jpgdownsized_0321001415a.jpgi found this little guy along the river somebody must have wounded him and he probably swam the river. it happens alot out here in fact if you know your way around the river there are spots that you can walk accross the missouri out here and they used to bring steamboats up this far...