• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Poached Buck

nik

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Musky Buck

• Still_Huntin

• 96trigger

• Steve Foss

Work with a guy who knows him. From everything he has told me it sound like another case of the media out to get sportsman and hunters. Will have to wait and see. I just hope if the media is wrong they apologize to him and all hunters

someone who does something like this didnt take much time or thought in how to get away with it. Should of kept his mouth shut for sure. The dumb ones are the ones who get caught. A little thought and this deer could be hanging in his house, no fines and nobody would know the better.

Work with a guy who knows him. From everything he has told me it sound like another case of the media out to get sportsman and hunters. Will have to wait and see. I just hope if the media is wrong they apologize to him and all hunters

He's been charged with 13 counts of poaching related crimes. If someone's proven wrong over those charges it'll be investigators/prosecutors, not the media. The media did not invent the charges. The media no doubt has its share of troubles, but you're pretty far off base here, IMO.

I agree with Steve, the media has nothing to do with this. This guy was busted by the DNR. He has a long and lengthy criminal record, include game violates, and also VIOLENCE. This joker is a career criminal from the fact of his lengthy rap sheet. NOBODY here should be defending people like this who give us real sportsmen a black eye.

The media out to get sportsman and hunters???

What about the warden that issued the ticket/fines? Does he/she have an agenda too?

Cmon

This case is getting press because it’s the biggest 8pt deer every recorded and it “sells”. You really think the media would be running with it if he shot 3 does instead? Not a chance.

To me it’s all the same, he broke the law. I personally don’t think it’s any worse because of the size if the deer, just happens to be coincidence. Just gets more attention due to the circumstances.

If he broke a game law, then he should be punished accordingly and not just because it was a big deer.

Should of kept his mouth shut for sure.

Definitely. A huge percentage of lawbreakers are caught because they can't resist showing or telling SOMEONE what they've done.

Quote:
someone who does something like this didnt take much time or thought in how to get away with it. Should of kept his mouth shut for sure. The dumb ones are the ones who get caught. A little thought and this deer could be hanging in his house, no fines and nobody would know the better
\

WHAT???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Wow is all I got.

If this guy is guilty of this, and it seemsthat he is. What a Moron!

First of all if you are going to go over your limit on anything you don't brag about it or worse yet bring your catch to the taxidemist.

And with the internet what it is you sure as heck don't take freaking pictures of it or camera phone the thing.

I'm surprised that he didn't call a CO to help him drag the buck out of the woods .

What this guy did was take a prime specimen out of the gene pool and rob someone else the oppertunity to take a majestic animal.

Selfish pig!!

Quote:
someone who does something like this didnt take much time or thought in how to get away with it. Should of kept his mouth shut for sure. The dumb ones are the ones who get caught. A little thought and this deer could be hanging in his house, no fines and nobody would know the better

WHAT???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Wow is all I got.

Everything CPF says is true, IMO. That doesn't mean he is supporting the poaching, just that he's pointing out what likely would have happened if the guy had kept his mouth shut about the previous two deer he shot.

I guess the last sentence is s just a little disturbing to me.
Right, it almost seems as if he either spoke from experience or condoned that type of activity. Definitely shy away from that.

I punched in his rap sheet on the link provided earlier and very little showed up. Two domestics, open container, weed pocession, and one fighting. Sounds like high school for me, minus the weed and domestics. I might need to add an underage consumption or two. grin

Sad situation, but it sounds like he at least eats what he shoots; if you want to look for a silver lining in this thing.

I guess the last sentence is s just a little disturbing to me.

Sometimes the truth is disturbing! Just because this guy said that he could have gotten away with it does'nt mean he is suporting the act, just mearly making a point of how dumb the criminal is. I wonder what the restitution fee will be for that buck?!

a grand on the buck, 500 each for the other two deer

and while i agree if he kept his mouth shut he wouldnt have gotten caught, the tone of the original post seemed like it was condoning such behavior. regardless, its a shame the buck was poached

Hey whether you chose you believe the facts thats up to you. Id be willing to bet 75% of all major fines are because of a sportsman bragging about what they had done to the wrong person. Not everyone is going to rat someone out but the overwhelming majority will in a heartbeat. Any law can be broken and go forever unnoticed if a little care and precautions are taken.Its up to the individual to decide if the risk is worth taking and just to whom you share your information with! I dont condone poaching in anyway but it goes on and its always going to be a present factor during deer season and out of season. I know several backwoods guys in NW mn who basically shoot their deer before the season even starts and have done so for the last 50yrs of their life without penalty.Shinning baiting poaching it all goes on no matter how who thinks its right or wrong. People do it some get caught and some dont. But the ones who are good at it dont and most likely never will

I hate scumbags like this but...

Alot of people have bent the law when it comes to hunting and fishing whether its a one bullhead over the limit or a big game animal poached.

Some get caught and alot don't.

I know i will get ripped a new one but this guy is innocent until proven guilty in the United States of America.

The guy has a criminal record and its ugly but let the facts play out before we asked for this guys head.

I don't know the guy, don't want to, and hope he will get the max that the law will give him if he is found guilty.

Like people have said, alot of shady things happen while hunting and always will. This guy could have gotten away with it, easily. I dont promote any illegal actions while hunting, but it wouldnt be hard to get away with it.

What about all you guys who have your wives draw buck tags, and wait, your wives dont hunt. Maybe that isnt as bad as this guy, but illegal none the less. Or all you guys that bait, or hunt from your stand at other peoples land.

Once again i do non of these things and never will, but people cheat all the time.

No body would have even cared if it was 3 does shot by this guy.

LOL..innocent until proven guilty?...media giving bad rap? some of you guys must of just fell off the pumpkin truck....he admitted to DNR he shot and transported and possessed illegal untagged and unregistered deer.

no one wins against DNR they have more authority then anyone basically...especially when you already admitted it.

I wonder just how many deer this guy would have shot by the end of the year?

Bottom line is this guy broke the law and got caught...I'm glad he did.

Now if MN only had the same penalties as states like Ohio. This guy could be looking at a fine closer to $15-20K instead of a measly $2K.

I read that the fine could be up to $19,000 and it sounds like the antlers will go on the DNR Wall of Shame. What gits me is that he deprived a law abiding person the chance at the record and a deer of a lifetime. Now the record is dead...that is truely a shame!

The record doesn't have to be dead. If it indeed is the largest 8 pointer of all time (they don't keep "records" of these like world record 8 pt or world record 10 pt), I still say the DNR should enter it in Boone & Crockett, if they are now the new owner of the antlers. That way at least the state gets recognized as having produced the animal. Heck, I'll donate the entry fee.

That would be cool....Ya I wasnt sure how those records are kept. It sure is a heck of a lot bigger than anything I ever shot. Where we hunt they just dont grow racks like that.

i think alot of you would be surprised what a little QDM and nutrition can do...i also think alot of you would be surprised what kind of bucks actually are in your area that you will never see.