• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Poached Buck

nik

WOW

Maybe everyone on here should just torture him and put him to death?

I don't agree with his behavior, but he is innocent until proven guilty. Simple as that.

If he would have shot two 4 pointers it would be just as illegal, but nobody would be raising any whoop-la about it. Would be just another infraction, happens every day (not that it should).

His wrap sheet doesn't suggest he's any type of career criminal, as a "career" criminal would probably have to make some money off of it.

And a lifelong poacher? come on... Nobody knows this guy has ever poached a single animal before this year.

I really wonder what everyone would say if something similar happened with minor changes.... Lets say he had all the proper tags but didn't register the deer. Equally as bad? What if he had a friend or neighbor tag a deer? What if he wasn't wearing orange in gun season. As bad.

Enough with the crucifying of someone. He's accused of doing something wrong, which I don't condone, but give it a rest.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Musky Buck

• Still_Huntin

• 96trigger

• Steve Foss

WOW

Maybe everyone on here should just torture him and put him to death?

I don't agree with his behavior, but he is innocent until proven guilty. Simple as that.

LBG, he already admitted to it, how can you possibly say innocent until proven guilty when the guy already told authorities that he did it? By admitting to the crime, aren't you saying you're guilty?

How many of you have ever hunted in an earn a buck zone? Here's something to think about-Would you let that monster walk by at 645 am on opener before tagging a doe?

In earn a buck Zone I would let a record buck go before I shot a doe. Why you say because that is the law. And who would know for sure your going to get a doe. That is way sportsmen get a bad rap in the public's eye. People think they can bend the rules a little so it works in there favor. And then brag it up in the bar later. Of course if you break the law why not go all the way and hunt, shot what ever you want when you want. The fine that is proposing on the guy who shot the buck as far as I'm concerned If found guilty in the laws eye should go to Jail five years lose all hunting privileges in a five state area. You think once he loses in court he still ant going to hunt. This guys has been breaking the law his whole live. He sure ant going to change now. How many years in the past do you think he has not registered his deer in the past? Be an avid law biding sportsmen in everything you hunt or fish and us sportsmen would be now en for the things we contribute to like more hunting and state land money for duck habitat, the lakes we all pay to have fingerling stocking and a thousand other things we contribute to for sportsmen and outdoor enthusiast of all kinds. Breaking the law no matter how you do it is still breaking the law. I wish we had harsher penalties for those how do so.

MK

I hope you weren't referring to my last post. I was only kidding. I have never hunted in an "earn your buck" zone. I would not hesitate to hunt in one though.

I never hunted in one ether. I think that it would be great if MN implemented it. If nothing else it would give a lot bucks a chance to get bigger. And know I was not referring to you. Just commenting on njpierz. Not sure if he would consider shooting a buck first or not.

I'm still wondering how anybody can stick up for this guy. Aside from the poaching, he sounds like a real great individual. I guess it shows something about our society.

So he has a rap sheet, so he smokes a little weed and got caught, so he hit someone a couple of times, maybe drinks a little too much, etc.... So maybe when he hits you at a bar and gives you stitches or a concussion, or kills a family on the way home because he was driving drunk, you'll change your tune. I have NO time for guys like this. He admitted to the killing of other deer, he has been convicted of previous crimes. Where is he being prosecuted unjustly?

I will not sentence him, or say what he should get as punishment as that is not my place. But I can't for the life of me, see how anybody can stick up for this guy.

How many of you have ever hunted in an earn a buck zone? Here's something to think about-Would you let that monster walk by at 645 am on opener before tagging a doe?

Thats exactly the reason I don't like 'earn a buck', it tempts otherwise legal hunters to break the law.

I have not seen where anyone was sticking up for this guy. Just comments on the erational behavior and response of many on here. The lynch mob attitude just makes me happy we do have a judicial system with laws created by slightly more reasonable folks. Punishment is normally relative to the crime involved. Not registering a game animal is not a huge violation, therefore, carries a smaller punishment than, let's say, killing your neighbor, or robbing his house. We can all complain about the lawmakers in Washington, but every now and then I see this type of thing, and I think, Yikes! Glad we have them...

I totally understand what you are saying. However, it does sound like some are blowing it off as not a big deal, or I hear the innocent until proven guilty. I guess its a matter of opinion, a parking ticket, no big deal, poaching, to me is a big deal. Getting caught with weed, not a big deal, history of violence, big deal. Believe it or not, I'm more ticked about the littler buck he shot and didn't tag.

What's the rationale of some of these guys thinking they're going to get away with it? Lazy slobs pretending to be hunters. Unbelievable.

One of the best ways to improve our large buck population would be to bust these type of people out there. These guys are a couple out of many. I dont like hunters getting a bad name, but we all know there are 1000 of these law breakers/poachers out there. Can you imagine how many stories like this there would be if the CO's and DNR had the money and men to actually enforce the law?

I think alot of these people have been breaking the law so long, they dont even think it is wrong anymore.

I liked how the guy arrested dragging out a poached deer over a bait pile ratted out the landowner for using night vision equipment.

I'm with trigger on this one, I also have no clue how someone could say wait until he's proven guilty or give the guy a fair chance.

HE'S ALREADY BEEN CAUGHT AND ADMITTED TO DNR OF ILLEGALLY POACHING DEER, NOT TAGGING OR REGISTERING DEER, TRANSPORTING ILLEGAL BIG GAME, BEING OVER THE LIMIT OF BIG GAME! HE'S GUILTY ON EVERY CHARGE!

Now his punishment isn't up to us but we just hope he gets what he deserves for poaching. It's just magnified because one of the deer he happened to poach was a world record 8 pointer, but I would think most of us ethical sportsmen would like to see him get what he deserves reguardless of one of them being a big buck.

You can bet this has been his hunting style for years, you can also bet he would of already poached more animals during gun season if he hadn't been caught.

Like people said you do something for so long it's like you don't even think it's against the law anymore, all this guy had to do was get rid of the other 2 deers meat in the freezer and tell DNR everyone is just being haters because he shot a big buck.

He had 5 or 6 days to cover his tracks and didn't do anything, as if he didn't do anything wrong! He'll probably get a slap on the wrist and be right back at it!

You can bet this has been his hunting style for years, you can also bet he would of already poached more animals during gun season if he hadn't been caught.

Yeah. Yeah. He probably also eats bald eagle and loon for breakfast. Probably hates sunshine, green grass, babies and hot air balloons. He probably even hates his mother and his kids for that matter.

Come on guys. half of the people on here are making huge assumptions. I'm not trying to defend this guy, but I'm not going to burn him at the stake for this that none of us could have any information about.

Some old lady gets in a car accident and once she had a speeding ticket, I'm not going to assume: That lady must have been a bad driver all her life. Breaking the law and such, getting in accidents...she should never drive again, nor should any old people.

Obviously these are very different situations, but equal as far as I'm concerned regarding assuming something about someones past. I just don't do it.

Come on guys. half of the people on here are making huge assumptions.

And the other half of the people know this guy personally and they know exactly what he does.

Originally Posted By: LightningBG

Come on guys. half of the people on here are making huge assumptions.

And the other half of the people know this guy personally and they know exactly what he does.

Then why didn't you turn him in earlier?

This dude is a bum, I can make that assumption and if I did the same i would expect him to think the same about me. There are so many poachers but that's too harsh a word. The baiters, the early/late shooters. Most of you hit it, they have done it so long it's second nature and with a silent bow, think how many don't get tagged and registered. Remember MN deer season for lots is saving that rifle tag or muzzy tag for later, you can't be done hunting, you have to know what's going on each rifle day and muzzy day. Can't have the neighbors jacking up our deer when we're filled out. Every county has some bad eggs in it and some have gotten away with it for too long and some we'll never see convicted because the wife and daughter are taggin dads bucks, way too much "Greed" in our whitetail world.

Then why didn't you turn him in earlier?

Who says people haven't? You can turn people in until your blue in the face but if there is no proof nothing will happen. Did you happen to see the part where he was also busted for to many lines? Maybe people turned him in for that also!

Come on guys. half of the people on here are making huge assumptions. I'm not trying to defend this guy, but I'm not going to burn him at the stake for this that none of us could have any information about.

So did you miss the part where he admitted everything to the DNR? Then add in a long rap sheet including domestic violence. Sounds like a real DB to me.

For the record I don't like hot air balloons. I agree people should be innocent until proven guilty. But that isn't the case anymore.

-Media flaming away anything that sells commercials.

-How many people think Tom Petters is innocent? Or did they C) lock him up so he couldn't flee, sell off all his assets before he is proven guilty

- You can get a DWI for sleeping drunk in your car if you have your keys on you (No I don't drink and drive or condone it nor have I gotten a DWI)

For the record both Tom Petters and the poacher are DB's

Hey, who cares. He's in the hurt bag big time, and we get to watch it happen as it evolves.

We all lose here, but he more than the rest of us. Put it to bed.

i hear ya there heartman

i thought you needed the keys to be in the ignition to get a DWI...anyway what does tom petters and dwi's have to do with this lol?

I think a lot of us are just voicing our frustration with violaters. I ran into some permanent stand violaters this year for the first time. Ruined my opening day and I was [PoorWordUsage]. I should have raised a stink about it and called the CO but it was opening day...I just wanted to hunt so I turned the other cheek and walked away. Im still [PoorWordUsage]....partly at myself but I think violaters [PoorWordUsage] all of us off and thats whats happening here.

People were making the case that one is or should be innocent until proven guilty and I was citing some examples of that not being the case. Or go back and read a page and you would have already known.