• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Outdoor Minnesota Deer Photo's

picksbigwagon

I took this fantastic buck at 8:30am on 11-12-13. I was on my way to my Dad's farm when my brother called to tell me he had heard a buck grunting and could see him chasing a doe around in his pasture on the hill above his house...I made a quick decision to turn toward his place! We waited till it was good and light out and let the deer move back into the timber to bed before we headed out to sit. He approached from the pasture side, unfortunetly finding that the doe/buck combo were still in the pasture together and spooked over the fence into a neighboring pasture putting them off limits. I got into position about 8:15. Within about 5 minutes of sitting down, I could hear what sounded like another hunter doing a series of grunt calls above the ravine I was posted in...about 5 minutes after that, I heard what sounded like a person walking toward my stand...I assumed it was the other hunter wanting to talk or something and looked around annoyed at the interuption...to my great surprise, this buck was walking slow stomping, ears forward pricked, straight toward the top of the ravine where the grunt calling was going on a short time earlier...he was oblivious to the orange guy swinging the gun his direction and gave me an easy 10 yard broadside. Rough scored at 140 inches. Great Chocolate color to the rack.

full-16801-39002-cid__1112130752.jpg

I took this fantastic buck at 8:30am on 11-12-13. I was on my way to my Dad's farm when my brother called to tell me he had heard a buck grunting and could see him chasing a doe around in his pasture on the hill above his house...I made a quick decision to turn toward his place! We waited till it was good and light out and let the deer move back into the timber to bed before we headed out to sit. He approached from the pasture side, unfortunetly finding that the doe/buck combo were still in the pasture together and spooked over the fence into a neighboring pasture putting them off limits. I got into position about 8:15. Within about 5 minutes of sitting down, I could hear what sounded like another hunter doing a series of grunt calls above the ravine I was posted in...about 5 minutes after that, I heard what sounded like a person walking toward my stand...I assumed it was the other hunter wanting to talk or something and looked around annoyed at the interuption...to my great surprise, this buck was walking slow stomping, ears forward pricked, straight toward the top of the ravine where the grunt calling was going on a short time earlier...he was oblivious to the orange guy swinging the gun his direction and gave me an easy 10 yard broadside. Rough scored at 140 inches. Great Chocolate color to the rack.

full-16801-39002-cid__1112130752.jpg

That's an awesome story. Gotta love the volume of quality bucks down in the APR zone. The activity November 10-12 was amazing. I was out and about on 11/12 and saw a good number of quality deer up and around during daylight.

full-35957-39014-001.jpg

North Dakota rifle buck my buddy shot. I have never sat with another hunter during a deer hunt. We were both in a elevated box blind when he shot him. I was an awesome experience, I was more excited for him then at anytime I ever shot one myself.

full-35957-39014-001.jpg

North Dakota rifle buck my buddy shot. I have never sat with another hunter during a deer hunt. We were both in a elevated box blind when he shot him. I was an awesome experience, I was more excited for him then at anytime I ever shot one myself.

That's a fantastic looking deer! Curious, what part of ND? I grew up in N. Central.

Here's a buck my brother shot last year full-34423-39041-image.jpg

from the same stand I sat at this year. I know it's not from this season, but this stand has never let us down.

Shot this buck this morning right after a phone call from my brother letting me know he just shot one. He came in trailing a doe I shot him and ten seconds later another small buck walks by him and looks at him for a second and then takes off after the doe. full-26178-39095-dsc05625.jpg

full-26178-39096-photo1.jpg

full-26178-39097-photo4.jpg

Gordie, he looks thrilled. What's the deal?

That's my boy shows so much emotion. I asked did you get him and his answer was Yep, I shot him in the neck, then he went back to playing a game on his phone. grin

He just got done dragging it out of a swamp and about a 100 yards before we got the pics.

Tx-2 that's a great buck

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

What kind and size gun is your son using? It almost looks like a toy one in the Pic? But, it did seem to work! smile

full-26178-39097-photo4.jpg

tracker X-2,

This is a perfect wall hanger. Nice and wide, long points. Just beautiful! Brings a tear to my eye! Nice Job! wink

Tracker, are you hunting the Elko area?

Kinda to the west of town

I know of a couple friends who shot real nice buck around elko as well

What kind and size gun is your son using? It almost looks like a toy one in the Pic? But, it did seem to work! smile

Its a 7mm mauser that I tricked out. Its a twist on a original stock, dura coated the barrel and receiver along with shortening the barrel and recrowning the barrel. its quite the tack driver with peep sights.

he likes the old style military guns and he said that next year he wants to shoot a deer with one of my British Enfield's

Its a 7mm mauser that I tricked out. Its a twist on a original stock, dura coated the barrel and receiver along with shortening the barrel and recrowning the barrel. its quite the tack driver with peep sights.

he likes the old style military guns and he said that next year he wants to shoot a deer with one of my British Enfield's

Oh yes the good old 7mm, one of my first bolts as well. Great starters. wink