• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Outdoor Minnesota Deer Photo's

picksbigwagon

I cant hardly beleive the quality of deer showing up here! Congrats to everyone! Lots of impressive animals!

LOVE the canoe pic!

That great, heavy, dark antlered buck looks like he could go 193 to me! Quite a few points hidden in there... be nice to see another angle. Congrats!

great bucks guys. i finally connected with a nice ten pointer monday afternoon. biggests buck i have killed to date. horns and weight. he weighted in at 210.full-8742-3496-trailcambuck1.jpg

full-8742-3497-2010buck2.jpg

Here is a Chippewa national forest brusier. I'm thinkin it'll score around 170 - 180. 12 points. almost 20 inches inside... Long brow tines and real nice G-2's going over 11 inches.

digitalcamerapicsdownloaded11-9-10Deerse

You can sure tell the deer that were shot opening weekend opposed as the 2nd. Guys in long sleeved shirts, blue sky... temps in the 60s and then bam... winter wonderland pics. Only in MN. Those are some brusiers gentlemen - congratulations!

No doubt, not in every part of the state but I think a lot of decent bucks made the hunt due to the standing corn of the past few years and maybe more people letting smaller bucks walk, who knows but either way I've easily seen way more true dandies taken this year then the past 5 as a lady just brought me a picture of her husbands 14pter he got hours ago dressing at 230 pounds and a B and C contender no doubt, way to go, hope there's 1 left for me lol smile

The summer was absolutely perfect for antler growth as well. Lots of nutrients and the perfect growing season for crop resulted in better than normal antler growth. Great to see so many nice bucks getting shot.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I stop in and look all season long.

Wow some great bucks.

Jeepers there were some dandies shot again this year. I am starting to get excited for Muzzy hunting already grin

WOW there are some monsters being shot this year! Our group ended up with 2 does and a spike horn with 9" spikes! My dad shot a nice 9 pointer in the the UP on opening day, unfortunetly I wasn't there with him as work got in the way. Here's my dads buck.

full-14168-3512-dscf2043_1.jpg

Excellent pics, everyone. Thanks for sharing them. Gotta work tomorrow, but then it's Fri-Sun to fill my tag. Still out there, still trying. We'll see. These pics keep my blood a pumping. After all, it only takes one buck to make the season for this lone hunter. smile

NoWiser, great story and pics. A true northern experience! grin

First off congrats to everyone that has been able to take a deer this year and good luck to those still lookin.

Well here is mine from this year. not really what i was looking for but am still happy. past up an 8 opening weekend that was a little bigger so hopefully can see him next year. With all the snow we got this past weekend it was really hard see past the snow caked branches. I decided to go in for a bit to eat. At about 1230 i figured i better go back out. I wanted to try a new spot, one with a little better visabiliy then my stand so i grabbed my chair and went off. I got myself situated and no more then 10 min later hear some crashing through the woods. I see a real big bodied doe comin my way running strait towards me. Im sittin on the ground and actually gettin kinda nervous. She finally notices me sittin there and puts on the brakes about 20 feet away. run away about 30 yards and then looks back from where she came. I started gettin excited figuring a buck was chasin. I cant see anything but can hear him grunting. finally see some antlers through the trees but never got a great look. i just knew he wasn't a little basket. he gets to the doe and am tryin to decide if i want to take him or not. She takes off another direction and hes right on her tail. stops in an opening and thought it was now or never. pulled a shot off and watched him go 20 yards before piling up (shot out a big chunk of his heart). It was an exciting moment for sure. I have always wanted to shoot one from the ground and not in a stand. not my biggest but i'll take him and he'll taste good. 7 legal points because one brow tine is short of an inch.

full-13291-3515-100_0850.jpg

Nowiser, I love the pics, and the adventure (the last pic is on my desktop now : ). I'm a huge BWCA guy in the summer, but haven't worked up the courage to try it in hunting season. I'm not sure I can stomach sleeping in a tent when the outside temps could be in the teens.

It probably doesn't need to be said, but be very careful. If you tip your canoe over in water that cold, you might be toast. Hypothermia would set in very quickly. It's nice to see you have separate canoes, so at least one of you would be warm and dry, and could get a fire going for the other.

Has anyone ever made a trek like that, and woke up to frozen water? I was thinking about going up the gunflint and heading back in, but was concerned about the possibility of getting frozen in. The ice would be too thin to walk on, and perhaps too thick to paddle through. When is the earliest you guys get ice up there?

Jack, tell your buddy great buck! If he thinks 193, then let it be 193.

More pictures would be great to see of an awesome buck not because he has to defend a "score."

There are always others that will always try to find something wrong to detract from someone elses success. Who cares what they say.

Lets see the 9" spike! That is a world class spike. Much more impressive than that 9 pointer. smile

grin Only picture we have is of him hanging in the rafters, not the best photo for this site.......it was pretty cool as they were starting to curve forward.........

Breu, its hard to really tell with one view of him. But im going to go a littel higher than 130, Id say around 135-140 gross. alot depends on width, mass and lengths. Nice deer either way.

This 10 point came in following 2 does on opening morning. Went to gut the deer and much to my surprise, it had a female exterior.

Still had felt hanging on the both sides with the left side hanging downward. Both tips were still fully covered.

Deer of a lifetime for reasons already mentioned. Euro mount will be a good conversation piece......full-27589-3553-2010deerhuntwknd1(3).jpg

full-27589-3554-2010deerhuntwknd1(2(2)).

file/userpics/2010/11/full-27589-3551-2010deerhuntwknd1(1).jpg'>full-27589-3551-2010deerhuntwknd1(1).jpg