• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Outdoor Minnesota Deer Photo's

picksbigwagon

I was wrong. Misread a section of the handbook that only pertained to Zone 3. The rule made to much sense to make it state wide I guess.....lol

Don't think the whole state is that way is it? Thought it was just in the 300 area you couldn't party hunt for bucks? Nice deer!

It's only for 300 that you can not cross tag a buck.

You can still party hunt for bucks every where else in the state.

Nice deer Elwood. A year to remember for you.

Don't want to clog the picture sight but i was going by this! I think the rest of the state stayed the same.

300-series deer seasons

Several new regulations are being implemented in all 300-series deer areas. These regulations are in effect for the archery, 3A and 3B firearms, and muzzleloader seasons. The regulations:

Institute a four-point to one side antler point restriction. Only bucks that have at least one four-point antler can be legally harvested. This regulation will be in place during all seasons (archery, 3A, 3B, muzzleloader). Youth hunters age 10 - 17 do not have to comply with the regulation; they can continue to take any antlered buck. However, adults cannot take an antlered deer for a youth hunter.

Prohibit buck cross-tagging. In all 300 series deer areas, hunters cannot tag antlered bucks for each other. Hunters can still take and tag antlerless deer for each other.

Lengthen the 3A season to nine days. The 3A season will be from Nov. 6-14.

Go to page 77 of the regulations.

Clearly states the no buck cross tagging is for:

SPECIAL REGULATIONS IN 300-SERIES DEER AREAS

ONLY (338 – 349)

Here's my doe on opening day, hunting with my grand-daughter, who's in her first year. She almost had one yesterday but as she was ready to pull the trigger, someone else shot close to her and spooked her deer. She was a little bummed.full-130-2952-dscf3380.jpg

Here's my cousin, Jason Clusiau, who bagged this beautiful 13 pointer yesterday. Shot part of the rack off too but that will be fixed up by the taxidermist.full-130-2953-dscf3391.jpg

My son's first deer! He has put more than a few hours on stand for the last couple years! He shot this nice doe at 3pm Saturday. She came in behind us, walked to our left and presented broadside. I told him to shoot, but he told me a tree was in her vitals(I was in a stand right next to him). She hadn't seen us yet, so he waited a few seconds. Of course, she turned straight towards us and busted us from 15 yards! I told him to shoot. He made a fantastic shot with my .308 through the heart and exiting the ribs. We talked after about the shot and how I would not have normally taken that shot, but since this is the first deer he has seen on firearms opener in two years, I would make an exception. I am very proud of him.

full-30011-2954-deerhunt2010029.jpg

Grunted this 9 pointer in at 345 on Saturday. He was a beast weighing 240 pounds field dressed and his neck was 34" around!

9PointBest.jpg

SledJr's first deer EVER. Opening morning.

fd2.jpg

My deer today (Nov. 8th) 5 minutes in the stand! (Personal BEST!)

224 lbs dressed exactly

Both deer killed with Browning X-Bolt 30.06 w/Zeiss Optics

dbest.jpg

my biggest to date!!! and it was a storybook happening. shot him and her this morning around 8. he was chasin a small fork horn off of her. i love it!!!

THE RUT IS ON!!!

full-27880-3006-bigbuck1.jpg

full-27880-3007-bigbuck2.jpg

My Brother got a nice one tonight. 10 point. He was hot on a doe and they came running in around 4:30pm. A before and after photo for you.

Lenny033.jpg

Lenny077.jpg

Lenny034.jpg

Lenny075.jpg

Read page 78 in the handbook under Buck-cross tagging. does this apply to only area 300 or to the entire state? I read it as to apply to all hunters, license types and seasons, which means all areas, thus, the entire state.....what is your take on it?

ok, i guess i misread the book too, should have read all your posts before i posted my question. Only area 300 cannot cross tag bucks.....THANKS

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

nice pics! that before and after is a tank!

Wow there's a beaut. Wall hanger? Congrats on the trophy...

Thanks fishinfey8. This one is going on the wall for sure as I have not shot anything like it in years past and we don't see any this size on the family farm I hunt. The funny part of the story is that he came out only 40 minutes into the start of the ND season and that was it for me.

geez, nice deer guys! got a small 5pt this year, last deer i saw so i had to take him, ate my tag last year waiting for the big guy, and i'm pretty sure this one will taste better. no pictures, but it was a great weekend!!!

full-1027-3022-hunting2010008.jpg

My daughters first deer ever, after hunting for 3 years and not even seen a deer. My wife (who is not a hunter...yet) sat with her. The whole county could hear them screaming excitedly when she shot.

full-1027-3023-hunting2010020.jpg

My sons first deer. I was the lucky one that got to sit with him when he shot this nice doe. You can see the stand in the background.

I am extremely proud of both kids.

Great pics with the kids and their first deer. Mt two need to get a little older before I can get them out. Can't wait for that day to come.