• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Shackbash needs our help

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gordie

• DTro

• Jim Almquist

• Sifty

I would just like to say thank you again for all the support. It meant something huge to my wife and mother during this ordeal. I have read everything and am just amazed myself.

I am starting to get around the house pretty good now with the help of crutches or walker. Trying to work out as much as I possibly can to gain muscle strength back. Went to the doc today and it went very well. Still up in the air on how much lung damage occurred (I am banned from x-rays for awhile due the amount of them I had in the ICU grin). So it is a see what happens down the road type thing.

Sure is nice being back on FM/HSO. Totally missed the hunting season, but the I am glad I am here to read all the current ice fishing reports smile

Thanks again.

Great to see you are on the road to recovery Shack!! May you have a wonderful Christmas at home with your family!! Take care!!

Merry Christmas Josh!

It's good to hear you are doing well and working hard on recovery. 8 years ago today (2001), I had just gotten out of Mercy's ICU with my lung issues, so your story is so familiar. This may slow you down some long term, but you learn to work around it.

Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

I am so happy to see you back on the forum, missed your posts immensely. Hoping to see some more of your informative videos. I went through something similar with my spouse in 2003, 25 days in ICU and 60 days total in the hospital. It is amazing how fast the muscles deteriorate when you are not using them.

Congratulations on your recovery. I just read through many pages - I am so impressed at the FM family. Your ordeal makes my 8 day Christmas vacation in the hospital with a triple bypass seem so small in comparison.

Agreed! Small troubles pale in comparison to Josh's ordeal and most importantly the recovery!

Welcome back Josh! Don, best wishes to you as well!

Chris

Shack....

Glad to see your back. Wow, what a Christmas present. Keep up the work, and get back to 100%. Congratulations to you and your family.

Folke

Hey Guys I just got an email from Josh's wife and she would like to know if anyone is going to stay overnight so she can set up discounts at some of the local hotels.if anyone plans on staying the night after the benefit please let me know ASAP by email machonellc@yahoo dot com

Thanks and God Bless

Hey Josh, I recently read about your ordeal and just wanted to say that I am happy to hear that you are finally doing better!! I can only imagine what a trying experience the whole thing must have been for you and your family... As many have said before me, it is indeed a wonderful Christmas gift to you and all who know you!

Vook

Just chatted with Sue over email. You have a few more donations on the way. Hope they help out. I have a daughter that needs P-ICU care once in a while at the MN Childrens Hospital and I know how bad those bills are. Prayers are with you for a fast recovery.

James

Good to see you posting again shack, I hope everything continues to improve! The Grace of God is an amazing thing.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks guys for making this work out. This was a lot of fun and it was a great cause. It was great to see you guys and meet some for the first time thanks again I had a lot of fun.

Yes, thank you all for coming. It was a very good time and pretty much everyone walked away with something. The Subway giant subs where great and everything went very smooth.

Thanks again! smile

I was really impressed with the turn out, and it was great to finally meet Josh and several others in person. Kudo's to all of those who put in so much hard work on this benefit. I have worked a fundraiser like this and know how much work is involved. Too bad I let Sifty outbid me on the Appledoorn's weekend ice rental, I am sure Paul would have been happy to see part of the cold front crew again. Just not enough bucks in the pocket to go any higher, have a good time and catch more than we did we we were there New Years!

Nicely done, to those who worked hard to put this on! Nice to meet you Shack! We just might have to get out grouse hunting this fall. I'm always game!..uplander