• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Shackbash needs our help

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gordie

• DTro

• Jim Almquist

• Sifty

Great News-Keep it coming!!! You would think as many times as I check this site, Josh is my best friend-heck, I don't even know him. But, things like this really tug at my heart, I'm so happy that things are looking better. God willing, Josh will be home for Christmas.

It sure sound like they will be bringing him out of the induced coma so that is some really great news. I would really love to see his face when Chantel tells him how good the Vikes have done so far this year grin

To all of Josh's virtual friends and fellow fisherman/women:

Shack/Josh's family would like to give a specail THANK YOU to everyone on here for all of the wondeful words of encouragement and prayers. I know we have posted it on his CaringBridg website several times but words cannot express how in awe we are with all of the support you have shown Shack/Josh during this sudden H1N1 nightmare.

Although many of you have never met, or even spoken with, Josh personally you still stepped up with prayers and kindness for him, which means so much to his family.

After a very long 33 day battle with the H1N1 virus, Shack has finally turned the corner and is now starting down the long road to recovery! He is slowly being weened off both the paralytic drug and sedative and is slowly coming up from the coma. He is able to move his arms, head, legs & opening his eyes briefly. He's now on a regular vent but will slowly be weened of this in time also. And although the Doctors are predicting a long road back to recovery...we'll gladly take it!

Again thank you to everyone, for lack of words...WOW! We truly believe all of the prayers and well wish's sent Josh's way made the difference. We have been reading Shack your post's from time to time but we can't wait to hand him his laptop and have him read them all for himself and eventually log on & reply!!!!

Happy Holidays to every single one of you & may God Bless you all!

FISH ON!

Shacks Family-

This is very good news! Thank you so much for keeping us updated and I'm sure I speak for many others here on FM, that it'll be great to have our pal Shack back again! He's been very missed!

It's great to hear that Shack is on the road to recovery. smile Im sure that it will be a long road yet but we will keep praying for him and will be looking forward to seeing him back online with the rest of us...

If a fellow FM friend wants to send a little Christmas fund donation to help Shackbash's family where would you send it too?

If a fellow FM friend wants to send a little Christmas fund donation to help Shackbash's family where would you send it too?

You just need to go to and Wells Fargo Bank.

This was copied from DTRO's original post.

An account has been established through Wells Fargo for the Josh Myhre Family.

Please keep all the wonderful post's a posting for Shackbash. Hopefully only day's till he can be reading all your great and supporting post's you wrote to him! He is fighting the biggest fish ever(H1N1) but winning!!!

Thanks,

Mrs Shackbash and Family.

Josh,

Time to start taking those small steps to recovery. It will take a while but with the support group at home and here it will come. Take some time, get back on your feet and we will see you back here in no time.

The Vikes are kicking some serious behind, we need Shack back here to help ward off the evil Packer fans and their never ending smack talk laugh !!!!

Get well soon buddy and God bless.

Hope recovery goes well, I'm sure glad your on the road back. I hope your on the ice soon, but more importantly home with your family. It makes you realized every holiday season is a gift from god. Enjoy it.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Hey Josh,

we REALLY miss ya dude.

Very happy to hear that things are picking up for you.

Looking forward to your recovery process. We're here for you sir!!! smile

Get well Shack we miss you. Glad to see you are getting better. Hopefully you will get some ice fishing in this winter. If not theres always spring fishing.

Boy is it nice to hear some good news! Hang in there Shack, and finish kicking this sickness in the arse. We're all pulling for you.

My wife and I have been reading all of the Caring Bridge reports ever since the beginning and all I can say is WOW!

Wow because I can't believe what this illnes can do to a guy and wow because Josh has such a loving and supportive family.

Keep up the good work everyone, something is working!

Get better soon Shack!

The Vikes are kicking some serious behind, we need Shack back here to help ward off the evil Packer fans and their never ending smack talk laugh !!!!

Get well soon buddy and God bless.

Yeah, wouldn't you know it! The one time the Vikes have a decent season and a guy has to miss it all because of a stupid(but scary) illness!

The news as of late has been nothing short of wonderful.

I'm sure Josh still has a long road ahead but at least he is finaslly gaining some good ground.

More prayers sent to you Josh and your family.

It is good to hear that you are improving, Shack. More prayers sent for you and your family. I hope Santa and the good Lord give you and yours a wonderful Christmas!!!!!!

FT

Glad things are heading north again, keep it up ice fishing is almost here! I am sure a few of us wouldn't mind getting together and drilling a few holes if the endurance isn't quite there yet.

I pulled this from the caring bridge site.

BIG, BIG, BIG NEWS!

A little after 12PM today Josh's breathing tube was removed. It is now 4PM and he is doing great - his sat is in the upper 90's and they haven't even done blood gases because he is doing so well. He is on supportive oxygen via a mask and is talking (in a very deep husky voice) to us frequently.​ He is very aware of everything that is and has been going on here, it is almost hard to keep up with him! In fact he is very concerned about his noisy ICU neighbor! He didn't have physical therapy today because of all that was going on but he did alot of exercises in his bed to continue getting stronger. Tomorrow he will be evaluated by speech therapy and then will probably start to be able to drink & eat. At this point we do not know what the next step will be (rehab) but he is progressing so quickly that, yes, it is possible that Josh will be home with his family by Christmas if all goes well. This has literally been a week full of miracles! It is so nice to see Josh breathing on his own and talking again. He was told today that he did set the record at the U of M for being on the Oscillator longest and that he is the quickest recovery so far. That's our Josh! We were told before the breathing tube was removed that there still could be a slight chance that Josh won't be able to maintain sufficient oxygen during therapy or sleep and that he may still need a trach but so far everything is looking good and we are keeping our fingers crossed. Josh is a little tired out and has been busy clearing the junk out of his lungs - he is doing his own suctioning and his hand coordinatio​n has improved today. He is also doing alot of hand shaking with the staff (reminds me of his Grandpa) and I have seen him smile many times this afternoon...​and I haven't quit smiling.