• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Shackbash needs our help

From today's Journal:

An account has been established through Wells Fargo for the Josh Myhre Family.

The funds will be used to assist Chantal & Josh with their monthly expenses during this trying time & the substantial medical bills that will accrue during Josh’s long road to recovery. The Doctors, using their knowledge of similar medical situations, are predicting that it will be (approximately) a year until Josh will be back to 100%.

We would like to thank everyone for the amazing amount of prayer’s, well wishes and incredible show of support! Words could never express our gratitude.

If you wish to donate to the Josh Myhre Family fund; you can either deliver or mail your donations to any Wells Fargo location.

Thanks again for all of the support - Josh's Family

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gordie

• DTro

• Jim Almquist

• Sifty

You guys have no idea how big of a struggle this is for me knowing one of my buddies is fighting for his life like he is.

Josh is a catfisherman, he's one of "Us". "Us" guys in the Catfish Forum support each other, help each other, fish with each other, have fun with each other, teach each other, learn from each other, call each other, text each other, and basically become a part of each others lives. Its been a special thing I've been a part of for many years.

The Cat Forum is a unique place here at FM where everyone seams to rally around each other.

The response in this topic is testament to the impact Josh has had on folks here at FM, its incredible.

I wanted to post this photo as this was a trip Josh & I took last year to Lake Gogebic in Michigan, along with Perchpounder.

Highlight of my winter last year. The fishing was part of it but the camaraderie was the bigger part.

I'm praying that Josh can pull through this so we can take this trip again this year.

021909lakegogebic5.jpg

Josh's situation is so sad. I know what they are going through, my husband had sepsis in 2003. He spent 2 month's in the hospital and it took him over a year to recover. He is still partially disabled, and his hospital bill ran over $750,000. I am thankful every day that he survived and we had decent insurance. The stress his family is going through is astronomical. I wish them all the best and check on his condition every day. If he was employed by Elk River Ford, I probably know him. I know when I needed some information about snowmobiles he was extremely helpful.

Wow, I just opened this today. I read through many of the posts from the daily updates link. I feel for the family, and pray that Josh makes a full 100% recovery. I don't know Josh personally, but through reading his posts on here, he sounds like the type of person that won't let this get him down forever.

Good luck to Josh and his family. Hang in there, and I believe everything will turn out for the best. We're all pullin' for ya!

Shack, hang in there and keep fighting. I've heard the best cure is to rub catfish stinkbait on your chest. It also keeps other people from getting close enough to catch it. And to Shack's family, you got a lot of people out there supporting you.

Keep on fighting the fight Shack as we all are pulling for you to make a full recovery and get back out on the water and in the woods......you are definatly in my thought and prayers!!!!

Hey Josh,

You are in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Fight it hard, keep a positive attitude, trust in the Lord and all will work out for the best.

Isaiah 41:10

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

God bless you Josh.

Tim

hang in there josh. my prayers go out to you. u need to get better so we can go fishing togeather sumtime this summer or event his winter

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

How is he doing? Is he sitting up in bed at all, maybe someone needs to get a Laptop into him so he can see what all his friends are sending. Getting back on the site may help lift his sprites a bit. smile

Day 24 on Life Support/Medically Induced Coma for H1N1 complications (ARDS: Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome)

Sounds like things are impoving, however - you can follow Josh's progress on the Caring Bridge website posted earlier.

We are all missing his posts!

if anyone has not gone to his caring bridge link and singed his guestbook, would encourage them to do so. if it helps his family just a little to get through this, it is well worth the effort. cant imagine what they are going through. shack must be one tough dude, because this thing is giving him one h@ll of a fight.

Myself and my church have been praying for ya for the last couple of weeks, and we're still praying for ya daily. Keep up the fight Josh. Sounds like things are getting a little better but there's still a long road ahead.

I know the last thing people wanna have to think about in times like this is finances, so does anyone know what they've been doing to pay their bills during this hard time? I talked to my pastor about doing a special offering for him and his family if it's needed, I'm sure some others out there that have an active church family could do the same.

Glad to hear things seem to be looking up.

I'm not starting a political discussion here, but I sure hope Shack's got insurance.

If you go into any Wells Fargo bank you can donate to a fund setup just for Josh to help his family with expense's.

Josh, continued prayers for your full recovery. Everyday, I check your status and pray for the best. You have a beautiful family, keep fighting!!!!!

hey Josh keep fighting and could you watch over my dad if you get a chance. I will keep the prayers going for you and your family. Gods speed in your recovery.

miss ya brother

Im still checking up on caringbridge every day and glad to see that its finally going in the right direction!! Keep plugging away!

I think that it is awesome that the new drug is working and he looks to be making some strides to get well. We will keep Josh in our prayers with the hope that he will get to enjoy Christmas.