• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tarvaris Jackson

OIF_Veteran_21B

Sage comes in and wins the game. Anyone tell me why he is the one they are going to move? I don't get Chillys man love for TJunk. Wasn't good enough to play for a Div I college team, sure isn't good enough in the NFL.

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FISHINGURU

• Rick

• james_walleye

• zepman

It's painfully obvious that Junkson is a total stain. The guy's accuracy and touch is total [PoorWordUsage], he still can't read a simple defense.

It will be a sad day in Vikings history if he stays and one of the other guys is forced out. If Favre was to go down sometime in the season the team would be so much better off with Sage, to be honest I'd rather throw Webb to the wolves then watch Junkson pretend he knows what he's doing. The guy is a total eye sore.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators
I don't get it.
You said it, not me laugh

I'm a Rodgers fan, I probably had more faith in him then most Packer fans, thats why I dominated all my fantasy teams last season when I held back on QB and got Rodgers in the late rounds in every league.
Easy to claim AFTER the fact. FG, you Packer backer!!!!

Let's see how good you are before the season begins........Which unknown will rise to the top 10 QBs this year? I'm saying Stafford.

I'm not a packer backer, I'm a FF Backer, if a guy is good he'll be on my team. AFTER the fact? Don't you remember calling me a Packer Backer for years now because I said Rodgers is the real deal and Junkson is Junk? Looks like I've been right on the money.

Stafford top 10 player or Stafford a top 10 QB? If your talking fantasty football there is no chance Stafford will be a first round pick which is top 10.

Seriously, Rick...even you must admitt that the thought of TJack as our #2 is frightening.

Although he may not make top 10 status this year, Alex Smith is going to have a break-out year along with the 49'ers. Love their defense and running game...both which will help him hit some pretty good targets.

Stafford and the Lions will definately suprise some people this year.

I say lets play T-Junk and then we can all see that he must be sent down the road only with his buddy Chilly.

49'ers are going to be beyond mean this year on defense, they should do pretty well all around, plus their schedule is pretty soft.

I like Stafford, he's going to be a real good QB. Doesn't hurt he has one of the best WR's in the game.

If the Vikes offence line does not play a bit better, the T-J fans may get their wishes sooner than they thought.

I'm a Rodgers fan, I probably had more faith in him then most Packer fans
You said it FG not me you Packer backer!!!! grin

Seriously, Rick...even you must admitt that the thought of TJack as our #2 is frightening.
It's not frightening in the least. He's one of the better #2s in the league. But, we certainly don't want to lose our Viking, Brett Favre!

Kudos to you Zep...at least you have the kahunas to predict a top 10 QB not currently expected to do so

while Packer backer FG deftly avoided doing just that..after proclaiming his Rogers Man-Love -

and bragging about his football player prediction expertise after the fact.

You said it FG not me you Packer backer!!!! grin

Trust me, I was hoping Rodgers was a buster so we could laugh at GB for years as they tried to fill in for Favre. After I seen him play I knew we were screwed again for many years, then the Lions got Stafford, Bears got Cutler, and after Favre we might be stuck with Junkson, now we'll be the laughing stock.

Trust me, I was hoping Rodgers was a buster

OK,

call me officially confused with your predictions now. smile

Which is it...Great or Bust that you hoped for after drafting him in all of your leagues? cool

Yes, I know you are easily confused, kind of like when you think Junkson is a good QB. We'll take some baby steps for you to follow along!!

When GB selected Rodgers in the draft to fill in for Favre when he finally retired I was hoping he was a bust, but after seeing him play I knew he wasn't, I knew he was going to be a great QB.

I have to give you a little credit though, it's nice to see you trying to get me to spill the beans on who the next steals in the drafts are gonna be! Nice try buddy!!

I don't think Tarvaris is a good QB...I think we need to see more before that can be determined but not until Favre is done smile

He's looked good in pre-season, but that's pre-season.

And now all of us Vikes fans have to listen to your GB Packers QB Rogers Man-Love grin

The guy will never be a good NFL starting QB. Thinking otherwise either means you're in denial or you haven't watched enough football to make the same observation.

sicksicksick

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP)—Tarvaris Jackson(notes) is entrenched as Minnesota’s backup to quarterback

Brett Favre(notes), despite sharp play in exhibition games this month by Sage Rosenfels

(notes).

Coach Brad Childress confirmed Monday that Jackson remains No. 2 and Rosenfels is still No. 3. Childress said he’s seen “an evolution” and “a growth” in Jackson since the beginning of training camp.

Asked if the depth chart could change, Childress said “it would probably be hard for it to change.”

The Vikings face a difficult decision about how many quarterbacks to keep with the roster cutdown looming this weekend. Rosenfels’s $2.6 million salary this season is high for a third-stringer. And in order to put rookie Joe Webb(notes) on the practice squad, the Vikings would have to first expose him to waivers.

sicksicksick

Its not looking good that Favre had to get an injection in his ankle after playing part of a pre-season game. Hold on tight. frown

So Rick, after this season the vikings roster will still be pretty solid. And you want that solid lineup to be put in the hands of Junkson to see if hes learned anything? That is something you do when you have a 4-12 team, not a playoff caliber team. Rolling the dice on a QB who clearly doesnt get it is a horrible idea, yet sure as **** Chilly will do it. You would think after 2008 he would learn? I doubt it....

So Rick, after this season the vikings roster will still be pretty solid.
Ummmm, after this season we have 15 players who are Free Agents not to mention Pat Williams and Favre will likely retire (if you add them in we have 17 free agents next season).

As for Chilly I would prefer seeing him in charge of player personell for the Vikes rather than as coach.

It is worrisome having T-jack placed in as a starter and it may yet happen this season but if we're going to be in rebuild mode next year and we don't have a better option at the beginning of next season of course they should see what T-Jack can do.

I have a feeling Favre is only going to play about half the games this year with that ankle. If you watch him throw the ball, he can't even follow through correctly on his weight transfer to his front leg...he's bailing out...even in practice.

I think we'll all get plenty of TJack...it'll be very interesting to see what they do with Sage if Favre's ankle is truly as bad as it seems. IMO, the Vikes need to keep him around...we'll see by the end of the week.

I think Sage should be next in line when favre goes down. He's looked better in preseason than anyone else and has earned that spot in the lineup

I think that from what I have seen in preseason that Sage would deserve the spot as the #2 guy. I haven't seen TJack do too awfully much yet to solidify his spot as #2.

I also agree with Sage in the #2 spot. I'd rather have him mentoring Webb at this point than Jackson.

I wouldn't consider the Vikes being in a rebuilding mode next year, we've done a really good job of building the past few years. Our only question mark is QB, it's been the same question mark forever thats whats annoying.

Going into the season the biggest question mark without a doubt is our O-line, it all starts in the trenches. We need to protect Favre, hopefully they get it together.

I can't see how anyone can doubt Favre's toughness, this is the same exact talk just like last year how his arm is gonna fall off and he has no more zip on the balls. Then he comes out and has his best season ever, I'm sure the ankle is tender just from scrabbling around and starting to use it again. He's just taking it easy on it, when it's time to play he'll be a gamer.

Anyone can get hurt though, not saying he can't get hurt but look at his track record. His age doesn't help any but when your tough your tough, look at Couture he's 47 years old and still dominating fights.

If Favre went down tomorrow with a career ender the team would be better off with Sage. I'd rather keep all of them just in case and just have Webb use up a roster spot. Say Favre went down and then the back up went down shortly after, what are we gonna do then hand it over to Webb?