• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tarvaris Jackson

OIF_Veteran_21B

That may be Pier. But, I maybe a better fisherman than my neighbor but that does not make me a great fisherman.

Agreed!

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FISHINGURU

• Rick

• james_walleye

• zepman

Get something for Sage before he retires or causes such a stink in this forum as a starter, after Chilly and Ziggy fall to pier-pressure from the MN press & MN armchair coaches after Jackson has his first bad game the season he is the starter.

Gus the Bus really drove us to the Super Bowl, didn't he? Who is he starting for now? I just hope the do "not" repeat that season. I would rather go down like a true Vikes fan has since the start than look like the fools we did that year. smirk

Did the Bears bench Cutler last year half season or will they bench him 3 games in this season if he wins only one or two? I would say no because Chitown has something we do not have here in MN, but we used to. It's called pride. wink

Gus the Bus really drove us to the Super Bowl, didn't he?

He got them closer than T-Jack ever could, hence the reason T-Jack was riding the pine while Gus was winning games.

He lead us to an 8-3 record that year before getting injured. TJ had an 8-4 record in 07' before getting injured.

Mute point LIMIT. grin

It was TJ that got us in a wild card game that year 08'.

I am not a TJ backer or downer. Just want to see him play before we loose him. smile

Might be a bust. IMHO he is just as good, I assume better with the age thing, than Sage.

T-Jack does look good. Webb looks like the guy to run the wildcat smile

Haven't seen enough to say if T-Jack will be top-shelf starter material but certainly haven't seen anything that says otherwise either. smile

I can say we'll see. Those of you saying no way...be prepared to eat crow if you're proven to be a rube grin

I still have to say those of you who name call a Vikings player are NOT true Vikings fans!!! You might be wannabees but that's as far as it goes.

How could T-Junk look good with second stringers in the defense for the Niners?

T-Junk will be a starter this season as when we play NO, there defense will eat Farve alive and they may hurt him.

Then, the almighty T-Junk will save us all and take us to the play offs. Now thats laughable.

To many are drinking way too much purple kool-aid.

I find it interesting that one cannot be a true fan since they do not believe in a loser. Thats also laughable.

He played against a team in week 17 that already had clinched and they still barely beat the Giants at the Dome.

The week before that they lost to Atlanta.

The only reason he was playing is because Gus was hurt after he carried the team from Week #3 on.....after T-Jack was T-benched for being his usual horrible self in the first two weeks of the season.

I guess if not for the back injury to Gus, we wouldn't have had the enjoyment of being able to watch this in the '08 Wild Card game that you're so fond of:

Junkson and Sage are both turds, Sage is better then Junkson. We are screwed either way unless we get a real QB. This team would of always had a better chance to win games with Sage instead of Junkson, just be happy Chilly has a boner for favre or we would be really screwed this year.

Thank the lord that the players went down there and brought #4 back, they asked for a favor, the favor was please come back so we don't have to play with Junkson. EVERYONE (minus 2 or 3 Junkson fans) knows we have a better chance to win with Favre.

I dont like Favre, and I even admit we as a team are better off with him, then the so called other Qb's on our roster.

You can't polish a terd

Yet! You guys seem to with Sage. He is shined up like the chrome 28" dubs on Moss's lowest valued ride.

Ahhhh yes the Wild Card. Nice clip that shows nothing more than a couple players trying to catch a good pass. Let's look back, shall we. grin :

Quote:
After being relegated to backup after an 18-15 defeat to Indianapolis in Week 2, Jackson saw his next significant action in Week 14 against Detroit, where he played the entire second half in place of an injured Gus Frerotte. With the Vikings trailing 6-3 at halftime to the winless Lions, Jackson completed eight of ten passes for 105 yards and a touchdown, an 11-yard strike to TE Visanthe Shiancoe that would be the game-winning score for the Vikings. The following week, with Frerotte still injured, Jackson was the starting quarterback against the Arizona Cardinals and he played arguably the best game of his career. Jackson completed 11 of 17 passes for 163 yards and, most impressively, threw four touchdown passes and no interceptions. Jackson earned NFC Offensive Player of the Week honors for his performance as well as the FedEx Air Player of the Week award.

The Vikings lost 24-17 to the Atlanta Falcons in Week 16 despite Jackson's performance. He completed 22 of 36 passes for 233 yards with two touchdowns and no interceptions. He also rushed for 76 yards (which matched the total of Pro-Bowl running back Adrian Peterson). With the Vikings in a win-and-in situation against the New York Giants in Week 17, Jackson overcame an interception in the end zone by leading the Vikings on a touchdown drive (a 54-yard strike to Bernard Berrian) and the game-winning field goal drive on the following possessions. The Vikings defeated the Giants 20-19 and earned the NFC North title.

The Vikings season ended in the Wild Card Playoff round with a loss to the Philadelphia Eagles. Jackson went 15-for-35 for 164 yards in the game with one interception.

God forbid we should/would forget about any of the good TJ ever did. I guess you can polish this any way you want.

Guess what? He was not even the reason the experts pointed to as the cause for our struggles in 2007. AP was one of them though.

With as much time as TJ has actually played, constantly using smoke & mirrors to drag this/these thoughts out to recrute TJ hatred, you guys make the Magnificent Carnac look like an amateur at guessing the answer before the question is even asked. laugh

Reminds me of one of Carson's great skits:

draft_lens2210904module11894593photo_122

Carnac: "Corey Haim, Flavor Flav, Packers fans & the T Jackson hatters in the HSO Football forum."

Ed: (said loud) "COREY HAIM, FLAVOR FLAV, PACKERS FANS & THE T JACKSON HATERS IN THE HSO FOOTBALL FORUM!!!"

Carnac: (looking at Ed) "May Sage Rosenfelds be your favorite NFL teams starting quarter back in 2011"

Crowd: Laughing and roars

Carnac: (opens envelope) "Proof crack don't smoke its self"

laugh

Yes he will & at least we will know for sure, before he is sent to Canada. Lol

Thanks to a couple PM's and river fish, I corrected my Carson quote above to reflect the exact wording in the skit. Sorry for the miss quote. grin

I hope your right Harvey!

Go Pack!

Wonder why a packer fan wants to see Junkson at QB? Pretty much says it all.....

But then again, from what I'm witnessing tonight it wouldn't matter if the Vikings were perfect.

Wow, the Pack look SHARP.

Oh well, I guess the "injuries" will be a cop-out for the Queen fans. wink

Oh well, I guess the "injuries" will be a cop-out for the Queen fans. wink

Injuries or the refs... whistle

The big question is, what will those Packers fans do when the Vikes send them home a loser??

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Pack looked good tonight, but it is only preseason.

Go Pack!

When Indy really cared the GB defense looked pathetic in the first quarter.

Rodgers always looks good until Jared Allen is down his throat.

Last years stats vs the Vikes

Game 1: 384 yds, 2 TDs, 1 pick

Game 2:287 yds passing 3 TD, 52 yds rushing

Uh....looks like pretty good stats to me

Last years stats vs the Vikes

Game 1: 384 yds, 2 TDs, 1 pick

Game 2:287 yds passing 3 TD, 52 yds rushing

Uh....looks like pretty good stats to me

Uh...nice try though!!

Jareds stats vs the Packers

Game 1: 7 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble and a WIN

Game 2: 5 tackles, 3 sacks, and a WIN

7.5 sacks in two games that resulted in 2 GB losses, Jared was down Rodgers throat all season.

And yet he still managed to pass for 671 yds, rush for over 50 yds, throw 5 TDs and only one pick last season against the Vikes. I would take those numbers against any team!