• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tarvaris Jackson

OIF_Veteran_21B

The only thing he's missing is experience, an objective fan base and a fresh start.

Aaron

And how is what im saying any different than this statement??? This is an opinion that you are stating as fact. An opinion you are stating as fact that many people, if not most people will disagree with. Just remember how many opinions that you are stating as fact that you throw out as well. And you know what...who cares??! Its an opinion, i know its opinion and not fact...

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FISHINGURU

• Rick

• james_walleye

• zepman

Swimbait, nice objective evaluation! I would agree that if you look at their careers as a whole, they're probably isn't a lot of difference and even an edge to Sage. But you really have to look at where they're at in their careers and where they're at today. I'm sure the Vikings coaching staff took everything into consideration when deciding on their depth chart. I think you know what you're getting with Sage. He's not going to be great, he's not going to be horrible (although you will likely see glimpses of both). One of the reasons that he is and has been a good career backup NFL QB.

The same could be said for T-Jack on the great/horrible comments. But we've seen improvement out of Jackson. He takes better care of the ball than he did in his first two years and he makes better in game decisions (which is part of why he doesn't turn the ball over as much). Based on what we've seen, there's no good reason to believe he won't continue to show improvement. And this being the case, more potential upside/growth out of T-Jack.

You can make a case for either Sage or T-Jack in the backup roll. But I have to believe that the coaching staff wouldn't put a guy second on the depth chart if they thought they had a better chance to win with the other guy there. As Herm Eedwards' famous quote goes - You play to win the game!

Aaron

I agree that TJ is going to have higher "highs" than Sage, but I also think his "lows" are going to be lower. If I were building a team, that right there would lead me to rank Sage over TJ. Your starter is responsible for the highs, and if you are in the unfortunate position to need your backup the last thing you want is to increase your chance of more lows.

James, three years in the league for someone in Jackson's position out of college is not considered to be a lot of experience. Especially someone at the QB position. If we were to turn back the clock and ask people on draft day if they thought 3 years would be enough time to know what T-Jack can be in this league, most would likely say no. More playing time, more time in the league is MORE experience. This is a fact. Fans of any team in any sport are not objective. They're always going to have a bias. This is a fact. T-Jack is a Viking, the same place he has been his entire career. This is not a fresh start. This is a fact.

But I agree, who cares? As I stated previously, I really don't care what anyone's opinion is of the guy.

Aaron

James, three years in the league for someone in Jackson's position out of college is not considered to be a lot of experience. Especially someone at the QB position. If we were to turn back the clock and ask people on draft day if they thought 3 years would be enough time to know what T-Jack can be in this league, most would likely say no. More playing time, more time in the league is MORE experience. This is a fact. Fans of any team in any sport are not objective. They're always going to have a bias. This is a fact. T-Jack is a Viking, the same place he has been his entire career. This is not a fresh start. This is a fact.

But I agree, who cares? As I stated previously, I really don't care what anyone's opinion is of the guy.

Aaron

Its your opinion that those 3 things are all he needs. Its not fact that more experience is going to get the guy to a point where he is a decent NFL QB. Its not fact that a change of scenery will do anything for the guy. Its not fact that an objective fan base will do anything for the guy. Its your opinion that those things will help. You stated opinions, just as i stated opinions, there is no difference....

I agree, Swimbait, those are definitely things you have to take into consideration. And where you think your team can go (out of the playoffs, playoffs, Super Bowl potential) will also influence what kind of player you put in that backup and 3rd string role. While I would have agreed on the "lows" comparison to Sage if we were talking about the T-Jack from two years ago, I don't think that's the case today. I've seen Sage blowup (in a bad way) too many times to think T-Jack would be a bigger risk at this stage. That being said, I'm glad we've got a QB as durable as Favre so we likely won't have to take the risk of having either one in there this year.

Aaron

James, read what I've said, don't twist it. You're supporting my musky analogy very well. Opposition from people in the musky world are very good at twisting things as well. I said that's what he's missing, not what he necessarily needs. Could those things help? Sure, they could. He could very well reach his full potential in a Vikings uniform too. But I don't think that's his best opportunity based on what he's missing here. The facts are that we will never know either way. If he leaves, we will never know what would have happened in a Vikings uniform. If he stays, we will never know what would have happened in another situation. Just as we don't know what he would be doing as a starter this year because he's the backup.

Aaron

James, read what I've said, don't twist it. You're supporting my musky analogy very well. Opposition from people in the musky world are very good at twisting things as well. I said that's what he's missing, not what he needs. He could very well reach his full potential in a Vikings uniform. But I don't think that's his best opportunity based on what he's missing here. The facts are that we will never know either way. If he leaves, we will never know what would have happened in a Vikings uniform. If he stays, we will never know what would have happened in another situation. Just as we don't know what he would be doing as a starter this year because he's the backup.

Aaron

Funny, i believe hes missing much more than the things you listed to be anything in this league. Also funny how this is an opinion, but you thinking all hes missing is those 3 things arent opinion.

So you're saying that he isn't missing those things I listed? This one is going nowhere fast which just adds to the humor level of the T-Jack posts! We know what you think he's missing. Things that he has zero ability to do (according to you), yet we have seen him do those things that he can't do. Makes sense!

Let me ask this. If you were a T-Jack supporter a year ago and have never seen any ability of him to do so many things, how could you have ever been willing to give him a chance going into last year? After 2 years of watching him and essentially not seeing anything that says "NFL QB", what would make you still back the guy? I'm not asking this to get under your skin. This seriously doesn't make any sense to me. I didn't read any of your posts back then, so I have no idea what your take was/is there.

Aaron

So you're saying that he isn't missing those things I listed? This one is going nowhere fast which just adds to the humor level of the T-Jack posts! We know what you think he's missing. Things that he has zero ability to do (according to you), yet we have seen him do those things that he can't do. Makes sense!

Let me ask this. If you were a T-Jack supporter a year ago and have never seen any ability of him to do so many things, how could you have ever been willing to give him a chance going into last year? After 2 years of watching him and essentially not seeing anything that says "NFL QB", what would make you still back the guy? I'm not asking this to get under your skin. This seriously doesn't make any sense to me. I didn't read any of your posts back then, so I have no idea what your take was/is there.

Aaron

You said thats all hes missing. I don't agree, there is more, its really pretty simple. I'm not going to type for the 50th time why i was a supporter, and why im not now, its my opinion which you said you don't care about anyway.

You'll type everything else 50 times. But not how you could see no NFL skills and support the guy and then not support the guy a year later because you see no NFL skills. I guess I can't blame you. There can't be a good explanation for that one!

Aaron

You'll type everything else 50 times. But not how you could see no NFL skills and support the guy and then not support the guy a year later because you see no NFL skills. I guess I can't blame you. There can't be a good explanation for that one!

Aaron

LOL please dude. You said you were here because people were stating opinions as fact. I have shown that you did the same thing. Imagine that, now you've gone away from that and are attacking my opinion, one of which you will find more people that agree with than not. I thought the guy needed a shot last year. Put the whole season as a whole together, i don't want the guy to be the QB of this team anytime soon. I don't believe he can lead any kind of playoff run anytime soon. This isnt a team that should be gambling away years seeing if Jackson can be the QB. Do you get that? How hard is it? There is my opinion again, an opinion in which you've stated you don't care about, but now all of a sudden want to hear. So now what do you want to argue about. My opinions now? Or go back to you stating opinions as fact in which you for some reason just see as fact.

Aaron

Your just now figuring this out...LOL.... grin

All we get of out these two "FG" is redunant insults and your 50 number is about 110 short... crazy

Sage is clearly better...ooops ...LOL!

Originally Posted By: AWH

Aaron

Your just now figuring this out...LOL.... grin

All we get of these two "FG" is redunant insults and your 50 number is about 110 short... crazy

Lets hear again pier how Jackson is anywhere near ready to lead the vikings to on a playoff run anytime in the near future.....thats what i thought.

i don't want the guy to be the QB of this team anytime soon. I don't believe he can lead any kind of playoff run anytime soon. This isnt a team that should be gambling away years seeing if Jackson can be the QB.

Believe it or not James, I agree with you completely on this point.

And you're right, I really don't care what your opinion is on the guy. It's not going to change anything. I'm just curious how someone (whether it's you or anyone else) can not see anything (zero!) in the guy and still back him after two years. I have to believe you saw SOMETHING. Whether I come across this way or not, I know that you have knowledge of the game. So I don't believe you would be willing to give a guy a shot after two years if you saw nothing, that's all I'm saying. So I wasn't attacking your opinion. I asked for it, you said you wouldn't give it. So I can't exactly attack an opinion (even if I wanted to) that I have no idea what it is.

Aaron

Originally Posted By: james_walleye
i don't want the guy to be the QB of this team anytime soon. I don't believe he can lead any kind of playoff run anytime soon. This isnt a team that should be gambling away years seeing if Jackson can be the QB.

Believe it or not James, I agree with you completely on this point.

And you're right, I really don't care what your opinion is on the guy. It's not going to change anything. I'm just curious how someone (whether it's you or anyone else) can not see anything (zero!) in the guy and still back him after two years. I have to believe you saw SOMETHING. Whether I come across this way or not, I know that you have knowledge of the game. So I don't believe you would be willing to give a guy a shot after two years if you saw nothing, that's all I'm saying. So I wasn't attacking your opinion. I asked for it, you said you wouldn't give it. So I can't exactly attack an opinion (even if I wanted to) that I have no idea what it is.

Aaron

I believed going into last year that we needed to see him on the field to see what he had. I wasnt quite sure if the team was a superbowl caliber team so lets get him out there. At that point i thought the guy had the physical tools, now it was a question of had he in his mind figured it out. He improved last year yes, but not to the point that he was ready to lead what in my mind at the end of the season was a team that was a QB and a playmaker away from being a superbowl contender. I loved the Harvin pick and i thought he would have an immediate impact. Now it was a QB that was needed and we got him, if only for this season. So now as it stands i think this team is set to make a possible playoff run. Next year the team will be as well and we'll probably be a QB short of what we need again. Its the mindset that this team is set for a few years, why in the world would we go back to putting Jackson out there and wondering if he will get it.

Thanks, James. I don't disagree with that. THAT logic makes sense. We really don't disagree as much as it may seem. Where we disagree is where we think the guy will or can be in 5 years as an NFL QB. And naturally, a guy as unproven as himself, people are going to be all over the board on their opinions in that regard.

Aaron

• 3 weeks later...

You both should be happy, if ol man river was aked to run that play he would have prolly left the field on a cart.

Poooor Sports///////......WAH WAH WAH!

That was pretty cool of Rice to do a bunch a push-ups after he dropped that perfect pass on the out pattern from T-Jack!

I will add Sage looked awesome on the clip board again today....LMAO!

You both should be happy, if ol man river was aked to run that play he would have prolly left the field on a cart.

He is happy, if Junkson was are starter right now we would be 4-5 rather than 8-1. Where is Phil Simms now? Why isnt he spouting out the garbage he was before the season started?

T-Jack makes me nervous just mopping up the game. On the other hand the silver fox was brilliant again today. Thanks again Wisconsin. grin

perfect pass? lmmfao

it was a catchable ball but it was a lame duck...wouldn't expect anything less from you though captain packer!

It wasn't the tightest spiral I've ever seen, but it's definitely a pass an nfl receiver should catch 99.9% of the time.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Don't worry about FG and JW. They both call our Vikes players names so what kind of fans are they really??? (Closet Packer fans???)

Unlike those two, I'm glad we have Favre and T-Jack, the best QB and back-up QB tandem in the league laugh

EXACTLY...they need to eat alot of crow don't they, did you see how horrible junkson was? dinner time ladies your crow is getting cold!! we all know how you guys would of been on this thread like donkey kong if junkson would of made a first down lmmfao

we call 1 player on the vikes a name ricky...any true viking fan wouldn't of wanted the pack to win like you said in the thompson thread...nice try though buddy!!

you guys like junkson and cheer for the pack...it doesn't get any worse!!