• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Tarvaris Jackson

OIF_Veteran_21B

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FISHINGURU

• Rick

• james_walleye

• zepman

True, but why settle for a quarterback who is worse than 66% of the rest of the teams' starters?

From EPSN:

Quote:
It was worth wondering if one of the players Allen and Shiancoe were targeting was quarterback Tarvaris Jackson, who did pretty much the opposite of what you would hope for from a fifth-year backup with aspirations to start. Jackson seemed lethargic and was mistake-prone. He didn't utilize his mobility and left the game three times because of knee and toe injuries. Interim coach Leslie Frazier, meanwhile, made an oblique reference to the offense being unable to take advantage of single coverage on receivers while the Giants geared their defense toward tailback Adrian Peterson. All were continuations of career-long trends Jackson has demonstrated and provided additional evidence that he can not be considered the team's quarterback of the future.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I think T-Jack looked horrid last night. Of course I also think Favre looked horrid most of the season. Our O-line didn't do either of them any favors either smile

Simple as that. laugh

True, but why settle for a quarterback who is worse than 66% of the rest of the teams' starters?

66%?

You guys are way to nice, which 3rd of the leagues starting QB's would you get rid of for Junkson?

Apparantly Junkson has a case of turf toe and Webb will be starting this Monday night at the Bank.

he looked horrible which I guess has been par for the course for qb play for the vikings this year. it's good though that he gets the chance to play so it can leave no doubt in anyone's mind that he'll never be more than a mediocre backup. fortunately they aren't paying him $21 million plus to stink it up back there.

i find it interesting that allen may have been critical. has he not seen film of his own playing this season? isn't there some saying about the pot calling the kettle black that's applicable to allen criticizing anybody else's performance this year?

5 years into his career and yet ANOTHER chance to prove he's NFL starter worthy, he is out after 1 lousy game.

Jared Allen is one of the best DE's in the game, he plays injured and he gives 110% every game and every play. He's earned the right to say whatever he wants about Junkson.

There's a reason everyone on the team does not want Junkson at the helm.

5 years into his career and yet ANOTHER chance to prove he's NFL starter worthy, he is out after 1 lousy game.

Jared Allen is one of the best DE's in the game, he plays injured and he gives 110% every game and every play. He's earned the right to say whatever he wants about Junkson.

There's a reason everyone on the team does not want Junkson at the helm.

Jared Allen has earned the right to sit his arse on the bench. He hasnt made one play in a meaningful game this year. He gets his lunch ate trying to stop the run everytime. Where was he the first 6 games? Almost every team was going one on one with him and he still did nothing. I could find 15 DE that I would take before that mentally challenged redneck.

Yeah you have a right to your opinion, I'd be willing to bet there's 30 teams out there that would snatch up Jared in a second. Check out the best DE's in the past years, even with 1 off year.

Wow mentally challenged redneck? Really? Because he does not have 15 sacks and is not leading the league in sacks he is now junk? Or I mean, a retarded redneck? Last time I looked he is not the only player in NFL history to have an off season. And show me the other 15 DE's you would rather have playing for you other than Jared Allen.....

I don't know if he is a mentally challenged redneck or not, but I do think his best years are behind him.

Allen is only like 26 years old isn't he? He's been close all year...if he had ANY help from Edwards coming from the other side he'd be right at the top again.

Edwards is terrible and he has to be one of the veterans given his walking papers at the end of the year.

Gay Edwards has to be one of the worst starting DE's in the game, I remember when everyone thought he was so great last year because of his 1 good game, that piestain needs to go forsure.

As for Jared, he's definitely one of the best in the game, he's still pretty young (28) and I hope we sign him when it's time so he plays on this team for a long time. He actually plays the run well for being a pass rushing DE. Not many elite DE's can do both, Jared is one of them.

He played the run real well the other night when he let Bear Pasco, a TE, swallow him up and Jacobs went for 71. They ran it right down his throat!

Yeah your right a guy ran outside while Jared played the inside and got blocked, better cut that loser. Get real, how bout you tell us these 15 other DE's that are better, better yet how bout you tell us the other elite pass rushing DE's that dominate the run every play.

With all the cry babies in this league I'm glad we got Jared, there's other DE's that won't even play the run period.

1. James Harrison

2. Lamar Woodley

3. John Abraham

4. Terrel Suggs

5. Israel Idonije

6. Julius Peppers

7. Demarcus Ware

8. Clay Matthews

9. Mario Williams

10. Dwight Freeny

11. Robert Mathis

12. Tamba Hali

13. Cameron Wake

14. Justin Tuck

15. Osi Umenyiora

16. Trent Cole

17. Chris Clemons

18. Jason Babin

19. Brian Orakpo

I will take any of these guys over Allen. Here are Allen's stats from the first seven games.... you know.... when it mattered... before we were already knocked out of the playoffs.

1 Sack = .14 per game

16 solo tackles = 2.28 per game

1 gift INT from Aaron Rodgers

0 Forced fumbles

And almost NEVER double-teamed.

You cant win in this league on nostalgia. He hasnt done anything this year and has no right to complain how anyone else is playing. And last time I checked the DE has outside contain on a running play. He let worthless Bear Pasco eat him alive. Allen was responsible for that. Plain and simple.

If someone in the middle of the defensive line would get a little bit of a rush like they did last year so the QB couldn't just step up into the pocket the sack numbers would be diff. and the runs around end would change.

It looks like every single one of those 19 other players is right about on track (as far as sacks are concerned) with Jared Allen. Most even have less than he does. Even if you compare tackles, most are just about even with Allen (even the almighty Clay Matthews). Funny thing is, a few of them are linebackers and have as many tackles as Allen.

Ya know what most of them have that he doesnt have? A team with a winnig record! Put down the Kool-aid. He didnt do a dam thing this year when it mattered. Most of the other guys get double-teamed all game while all the other team needs to do with Donkey Allen is block him with no name tight ends.

You better study up on your football.LB's shouldn't even be in the conversation.

But as said early most of them still don't have more sacks then Jared, and most of them DE's are horrible tacklers against the run.

Farewell to Junkson, it's been fun laughing at you for 5 years but now that we put you on IR for the rest of year because of some little turf toe that goes to show how much we want you on the team.

Don't let the term "turf toe" make you think it's not a credible injury...it's one of the most painful injuries an athlete can get.

As far as the farewell is concerned...I'll add good riddance!!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

ahhhhh mannnn....no more T-Jack debates grin

Hey don't worry Rick, I'm sure there will be plenty of debates to be had with this team, heck Webb might create some of his own this very weekend lol.

Don't let the term "turf toe" make you think it's not a credible injury...it's one of the most painful injuries an athlete can get.

Oh I hear ya, I just find it funny we are in dying need of a QB and we don't even wait to see if it gets better or anything we just put him on IR for the season a day or two after the injury. It's not even a lets wait and see how this turns out just in case we need him or anything. It's more like sweet Junkson is hurt lets just put him on IR because he's a piestain anyway.

He's been injured for 5 years even with limited playing time, I'd hate to have to think about that guy being your franchise QB.

Whats the odds of us signing this guy for a long term contract next season?

And welcome the Joe Webb experiment

The difference is Joe Webb is a 6th round pick. I think there were 7 different pro bowl players drafted later than we picked up T-Jack that year. I doubt there will be any pro-bowlers that were still available when we picked up Webb.

It is kinda funny that Favre has like 4 different injuries and they still won't put him on the IR. I think that says a LOT about how the Vikings feel about T Jack.

1. James Harrison

2. Lamar Woodley

3. John Abraham

4. Terrel Suggs

5. Israel Idonije

6. Julius Peppers

7. Demarcus Ware

8. Clay Matthews

9. Mario Williams

10. Dwight Freeny

11. Robert Mathis

12. Tamba Hali

13. Cameron Wake

14. Justin Tuck

15. Osi Umenyiora

16. Trent Cole

17. Chris Clemons

18. Jason Babin

19. Brian Orakpo

I will take any of these guys over Allen. Here are Allen's stats from the first seven games.... you know.... when it mattered... before we were already knocked out of the playoffs.

1 Sack = .14 per game

16 solo tackles = 2.28 per game

1 gift INT from Aaron Rodgers

0 Forced fumbles

And almost NEVER double-teamed.

You cant win in this league on nostalgia. He hasnt done anything this year and has no right to complain how anyone else is playing. And last time I checked the DE has outside contain on a running play. He let worthless Bear Pasco eat him alive. Allen was responsible for that. Plain and simple.

I hate to break it to you but there are very few players on this team who have shown up this year. So if you want to axe Allen for having a down year then you better get a long sheet of paper ready and start listing the other 98% of this team that you want gone as well for not showing up. This WHOLE team has had a hangover since the saints game last year.