• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Archery Hunting Photos

harvey lee

thanks Stick. Good luck to you up in Crosslake, be careful of all the nut jobs up in that area (no offense to the ethical hunters) :o)

mr

I started bow hunting in 2005 and got a descent buck on my 3rd time in a tree stand. Thinking, Man this bowhunting is easy. Needless to say I was hooked thanks to friends with the same common intrest. I have been eating tag soup since then. But not for a lack of try. I had about 25 sits this year watching the sun rise or set not seeing much, and still looked forward to my next time in the stand. This last Tuesday I hunted in the morning at a different place with nothing in range to shoot at, so I went to town to eat and tried a different stand. I figured what better do I have to do. I got to the stand about 1:30 and sat the rest of the afternoon hoping something would be moving early. Finally about 30 min. left of light this dude popped out chasing a doe grunting with every step he took. He stopped about 25 yds. as the doe kept going. I took him there, not knowing if I was busted and he was going to bolt. What a GREAT feeling to feel again!!!

By the way this is a North Dakota deer.

IMG_1328.jpg

Ya, sorry about the tongue hanging out in the photo, I was by myself and had to set the timer on the camera. I didn't realize this until I got to my buddys house, my wife noticed it right away.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Just for fun I cleaned it up for ya. Hpoefully you don't mind. Copy and paste and you can get a print for your memory book. Laid up this year and can't hunt. First year I have missed since 1975. Dang I miss my tree stand!! I hunt a lot about 70 miles from Fargo on the Sheyenne River.

full-27930-2895-img_13281.jpg

I'm from Jamestown, 90 miles west of Fargo. My wife is from about 20 miles south of Jamestown and her family farms down there. So thats where I hunt. Its a long drive to hunt. My wife is pregnant and due in June so my 2011 season isn't looking to good as the drive alone is 3 hr. round trip. I will make it work, I'm thinking of knocking on some doors this spring around here for some spots close to home.

its been a good season so far! here's a few pics of my friends bow kills this fall....

(i hope u can understand why i blurred them)

61879_432117408923_504323923_5251246_451

69488_443485098923_504323923_5463937_532

69333_443486048923_504323923_5463960_709

74187_446856203923_504323923_5530859_733

61169_432117433923_504323923_5251247_371

68786_443484963923_504323923_5463934_349

72221_446858728923_504323923_5530912_369

bork.jpg

33667_445505508923_504323923_5496708_68167463_446856338923_504323923_5530863_640

Where has there been that much snow in the bottom picture THIS fall???

you guys really don't believe me!?!

alright here's the dillio.

if you're really interested; do the research. you'll plainly see that twig minnesota received upwards of 9 inches of snow in the last week of Oct.

i honestly wish the Moderator would delete my post of the ten blurred pics. it was only meant to encourage you'all but instead i have been criticized. sorry guys, but i gotta say it straight.

Whether the pics were this year or old i could careless but i have no reason to not believe you and i just think its cool to see great pics of great bucks so dont worry about the post some of us appriciate it!! they are awesome!

you guys really don't believe me!?!

alright here's the dillio.

if you're really interested; do the research. you'll plainly see that twig minnesota received upwards of 9 inches of snow in the last week of Oct.

i honestly wish the Moderator would delete my post of the ten blurred pics. it was only meant to encourage you'all but instead i have been criticized. sorry guys, but i gotta say it straight.

Matchset those are some great looking deer and yes it did snow this year. I don't know why people are questioning that.

I don't know how long you have been on this site but if you post a picture of a big anything everyone will question it. It seems that alot of guys can't believe that someone could shot a bigger deer or catch a bigger fish than them. It sucks but you have to get used to it if you are going to post pics.

I don't post pics anymore.

Matchset, those are great bucks. I have a virtual library of all the pictures of deer taken, trail cams, etc... that people send me. I probably have hundreds of nice bucks on trail cam and close to 100 nice buck harvest pics. I can easily see why you blurred the faces, I would do the same. Congrats to all your friends. Thanks for sharing.

You would be surprised how often I go back in my "library" to show people pictures, or to compare them from other years.

haha i think most people are confused cause most of the state has no snow laugh Would be nice to have a little snow this weekend though

Don't worry about it matchset, there are always doubters even when you post legit stuff. I understand why you blurred the pics, great MN bucks.

Matchset. I believe you. There are some real tanks in there! I also noticed there's a young lady with a nice buck in one pic.

I wish you wouldn't have blurred them out. I like to see the smiles on people's faces while holding a trophy. I guess I don't really understand why the pics are blurred? Would they get harassed if people knew who they were?

With all the junk that pops up on the net that is a hoax don't get too upset Matchset if some of us are skeptical about your post. Nice deer that's for sure. Good luck out there on the opener all! Be Safe!!

After a week of hunting hard and looking at a stretch of work the next 17 out of 20 days, this was it till next week, when I would be able to squeeze in a couple hours here and there.

Driving into my dad's this morning there's a 130"ish buck standing in the driveway. What a way to start the morning w/o even getting in the stand yet.

On a whim, I decided to grab a doe decoy and head out to the East food plot and sit in the SW corner stand again. This is the first time I've ever used a deer decoy. I set the doe up at 20 yds facing away from me, off my left side. I de-scented her and put a bottle of doe in heat urine at her back feet.

At 7:20, I saw a buck 60 yds out, south of me, cruising w/ his nose to the ground, I couldn't tell how big, but definitley a buck w/ that body size. I grunted and he stopped and looked but kept on cruising. I also can called w/ no luck.

At 7:40 a big doe crosses the food plot, to the north, about 100 yds out. She was walking normal and didn't appear to be in heat. 5 minutes later another doe and fawn follow the same route, but this doe is definitely ready for some love. Her tail was straight out the whole time and twitching.

About 8:15, I heard leaves crunching over my left shoulder, I'm facing east and shoot left handed. I'm in a cluster of white oaks and my bow is on my right side.

I look and see a small racked forkhorn. He walks between me and the decoy and I can't get a shot. I hear some more leaves and here comes another buck, a 5 ptr with a wierd rack. He follows the fork horn and kind of half heartedly chases him off. Then he turns toward the doe, puffs his hair out and lays his ears back, and struts over to sniff her butt. As still as it was this morning, it was hard to move my bow from right to left, as this cluster of trees is pretty tight.

I get to full draw and grunt w/ my mouth to stop him, as he's broadside, but he keeps going towards the decoy. Then he turns quartering away from me. Just when he is about to give her a sniff, I sent Easton 300 ACC tipped with a 100 grain Slick Trick, behind his last rib on his left side and into his right front shoulder.

He tears off to the north and is down on the food plot within 50 yards.

While he's not the biggest buck I've shot, he's a sweet reward after a week of hunting hard.

dsc01814b.jpg

It's just gonna get better and better, so keep after 'em!

Brian

Thumbs up. Break out the fryin pan. :>) Nice story.

Thanks guys!

That Carbon Matrix is SWEET!!! I'm lucky that my dad has a Hoyt dealership!!!

Just an FYI in case anyone is looking at one for 2011. They dropped the price a couple of hundred bucks and put a roller guard on it.

Looks like some colder weather starting end of the week, so I'm gonna get some honey do's done and get back out over the weekend. This warm snap has decreased daytime deer activity from what I've been hearing.

Brian