• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HSO Bear Photo's

Muskie456

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Boar

• snoozebutton

• mrklean

• hookset

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's mine from 9/2/11

#253 dressed big head - boar.

First Bear-- I should quit while I am ahead eek

Nice looking bears guy's

Good luck to those of you still hard at it wink

Steve

Stevefall2011086.jpg

Stevefall2011085.jpg

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know about a huge bear taken in the Orr, MN area this past fall? I pulled into a gas station about 25 miles north of Orr on highway 53 on Memorial weekend and they were trying to weigh it on the scale there. Unfortunately the scale only went to 500 lbs so they were not able to determine the weight while I was there. When I went back about a month or so later the guys in the store thought they heard it ended up being over 700 pounds. I have to say it was by far the largest bear I have ever laid eyes on.

Anyone know more about this as I've been curious to hear?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

awesome sorgy. i just checked my mailbox and my bear info was there too. my bear was 3 years old.

• 3 months later...

I went in a baited at 11:30 AM and this guy showed up 10 minutes after I left.

PRMS00052.jpg

Any guesses on what he'll weigh?

oh my snooze, that a linebacker, wholy s***! No fair teasing MNsotans. Foul! I call foul! Good luck man, hope ya get that pumpkin. Boar

I turned my tag over to my grandson who'll turn 12 Sept 2nd. so it's his to get. BTW, he also showed up at 5 PM and again after dark so he's hanging out pretty close to the bait.

Well I certainly hope yur grandson anchors him hard. Good luck to the both of your, when can ya hunt?

Did anyone get there skulls scored? I got my skull back from the taxidermist about 3 weeks ago it was right at 12" long and 7 1/4" accross. So I think it is about a 19 1/4" bear. Not bad for a first timer wink

It is never hurts to have luck on your side.

I also just got my hide back from the taxidermist. I did not go the full rug but I still have that option for a year or so. It still smells like the tanning solutions use to tan the hide. Deffinitly got the right hide back from the taxidermist- broadhead cuts were in the right places grin

Now to figure out what I want to do with it???????

Good Luck this fall everyone

Later

Steve

Well I certainly hope yur grandson anchors him hard. Good luck to the both of your, when can ya hunt?

Thanks Boar and opening day is Sept 5th. Mom and dad are considering letting him take that day off so we can sit in the morning.

Thanks Boar.

P and Y is 18"

B and C is 20"

I used a nocturnal lighted nock and it helped make the recovery fast. thus not eligible for P and y. I will take the skull in for scoring if Average Joe's Archery has the scoring weekend again this winter. They kind of took this over after Sportsmans Warehouse left town. They have a nice shop in Coon Rapids.

I love the bear pics and bait site updates that you provide.

Later

Steve

Ok, thats it I quit, im moving to Wisconsin. Wat part of WI. u in?

Near Hayward but the guy that owns the property is only letting us hunt it because I transered my tag to my grandson. Otherwise he only lets close relatives hunt it.

And if you want to hunt WI be prepared to wait 8 years for a tag. I have no idea why the DNR wants so many bears around but the population is getting out of hand. My wife hit one with the car this summer and I had to come to a stop one morning waiting for one to get done dining on someone's garbage. That and our fawn population is way down.

Screw the lighted nock rule, u did not have an unfair advantage before the shot. Lighted nocks aid in recoverery not the shot. You made P@Y in my book. Nice job, I coulda made it to with a 19 3/16 but was thus inelegiable for the same reason.

Wow snooze you have bear/vehicle problems like we have deer/vehicle problems, yea ihear about the lottery over there dosent make sense to me, I guy can dream i guesse, maybe it will change some day. Again good luck to ur grandson. Good luck boys!

• 2 weeks later...

A good friend of mine lives in Spooner and its unreal how many bears he gets in his yard. There are so many in that part of WI.

• 2 weeks later...

Have not seen many pics from the start of the season, so here goes. Saturday evening about 6:45 I heard an animal running, assuming it's a deer I look over my should and see the bear running to the bait. The bear hit the pile and started tossing the logs and had dinner. I hesitated for about 10 minutes not sure if I should take a shot. A lot of variables in play, I decided it was game over. With the shot, the bear bolted, fell in the dry creek bed, then scampered up the bank and tried to climb a tree. Not being in the best condition for a climb, the bear slid down and it was over about 10 yards from my stand. Great day, great hunt, great bear. Good luck to those still afield. full-24609-23980-photo(5).jpg

full-24609-23981-photo(4)_copy.jpg