• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Muskie456

HSO Bear Photo's

mrklean

did you make it out jim?

fishinfey8

HooknHorns - How big was yours?

HooknHorns

Mine dressed at 195 but thought I had a bigger one one cam. If you take time in taking after kill photos it would do wonders how big it looks. I snapped my buddies first it weighted 140 dressed and looks bigger. full-29992-1014-img_2189.jpg

mrklean

we were north west of lutsen, north of Tofte so we were way the heck up there

sticknstring

Nice bears everyone! Great way to kick off the season.

Lipriper84

Lakeshoremunster, Thats Trailmix and Fruitsnacks. With Molassas on top. I can't wait until 2029 so I can get a shot off on that one. hahaha.

Boar

Jeez I forget about this thread way up here, sorry Congrates to all you guys, awsome bears an first bears Good job. Now if I can only figure out my picture problem. Boar

B-man715

Well I finally drew my bear tag after 8 years of applying!!

I have four sites close to home and all of them were active. I had two nice boars over 350 lbs coming in after dark, as well as a HUGE sow (400+) with cubs that I passed on several times (can't shoot a sow with cubs/yearlings in Wisconsin). Along with several other sets of sows/cubs and smaller boars.

I've been out hunting 3-4 days a week waiting for one of the big boars to make a mistake and show there face during shooting hours.

But I found out last Friday that we are headed out of town for work in another week. So I decided to take the next decent bear to come in.

He came in Friday evening with about 20 minutes of shooting light left. He hit the bait an layed down facing me for about ten minutes before finally moving and laying down broadside.

While he was mowing down some apple licorice a sent a Muzzy screaming his way and through both lungs! smile He went about 50 yards and died within a minute.

I had two buddies come out and help me track and drag. I think Ray Charles could have followed the blood trail!! I'm very gratefull that he expired in such a short time. I've heard/read horror stories of bow shot bears.

Anyways here his is, dressed out at 230 pounds. He is my first bear, and I likely won't draw another tag for 6-8 years, so I'm getting a 1/2 lifesize mount done.

P1010343.jpg

Archerysniper

Great trophy there, I couldn't help but notice the bowtech allegence kinda a sweet shooting bow, atleast I know with 2 newer bowtechs my allegence is still the one I can count on.

HooknHorns

Great first bear. Im going to start applying over there in WI seems like 8 year wait is what it takes. That wait is gotta be worth it, by the looks of your pic you agree.

Boar

Great job B-man, way to put hm down. Boar

Nightcrawler

mrklean--- congrads on your first bear ,good going.

I got mine on 9-16-10 a 250-60 lb boar. arrow through the heart. # 7 for me.

i see your already talking turkey for 2011. Nightcrawler.

mrklean

haha yep just gotta get through deer season then its turkey time already laugh

gemNeyeJoe

full-21548-2934-bearseason2010006.jpg

My first bear, dressed at 130 lbs. Had bigger bears coming in, couple that had to be around 300 lbs, but were coming in after shooting hours. It was 3rd weekend of the season, so I took it. Bigger to come!!

LindellProStaf

Hey gemNeyeJoe. Nice pic. It looks exactly like my bear hunting gun of choice. I also have a Ithaca with a shotgun scope. Have shot many deer and a few bears with it. Love it.

Outdoor Authority

Here are some more pics to get everyone excited for bear season this year. 330lbs Sow (no cubs) my buddies 225lbs bore and my 334lbs bore. I cant wait for the season to get here.

full-33398-11078-dannie330lbssow.jpg

full-33398-11080-chads225lbbear.jpg

full-33398-11081-dannies334lbsbear.jpg

Boar

Dang I'm drooling, with the pad prints i seen this morning, Im gona explode!

Outdoor Authority

Boar, I hear you some of the sign that I a seeing is outstanding. It never fails on one bait that we call the beaver dam, every time we come across the stream along side it in the mudd is a bear track. I hope that its the big one that we have been seeing in the area and a client messed up on because if it is, its close to 400lbs.

Yesterday we got out 25 baits and today we are going to put out ten more then start checking the baits we have set. With any luck we will have enought baits that we wont have to put out an test baits in new areas, but I always love searching for a new spot to bait and the anticipation to see if it was a good move or not.

maddowg1192000

Anyone have an estimate in the size of this bear?

full-22119-11348-v5.jpg

full-22119-11349-v7.jpg

full-22119-11350-v6.jpg

Lunker

Here is my first. 209 lb Boar, Itasca County MN.

Bear-1.jpg

certified jumbo

congrats. awesome bear!!!

bigbucks

Cool, great job!

Archerysniper

Great bear and gonna make a nice mount or rug with that thick hide,Congrats.

Boar

Sweet! Awsome job lunker, They taste soooooooo goooooood. um um ummmmm! Way to go. Boar