• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New State Record Gar Arrowed Out Of K.D.

That Lakemaid I caught was pretty nice though....

So... Does anybody have any more information about this fish? Was it taken at night or during the day?

I guessing it was taken at night. The gar in the area lakes seem to hold deep during the day and move up shallow and towards the top at night. I grow up on a area lake and the last time I seen one during the day was probably 8 years ago. Went out there night bowfishing this year and seen about 75 gar and shot 3 that where 46-47 inches

Cat fishing last night I knew it was a gar chewing on my bait I set the hook for the heck of it and to my surprise was hooked! got it up on shore hook came out and if flopped back into the river ha. It was a shortnose.

Maybe history channel can do a show on Killer Gar eating people in So. Mn shocked I doubt there is any threat to anything from these fish.

Congrats to the angler

Quote:
Huh...that sucks, how do you do the good quote boxes?

Zelmsdawg

When you post you will see a bar right above the posting area the first one is the smile the 12th one is the " click on it and paste between the to quote] HERE [/quotes

Quote:
When you post you will see a bar right above the posting area the first one is the smile the 12th one is the " click on it and paste between the to quote] HERE [/quotes

Sweet, thanks Muddog

Zelmsdawg

Quote:
Sweet, thanks Muddog

Cool I often wondered that myself. Will have to explore the other options like that colorful A Test