• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Best Truck Tire?

Dahitman44

Question

Need new tires -- Want something a little more agressive - -was thinking about the BFG KO All Terrain --

any thoughts?

I put some Hankook dynapros on my F-250 a few months ago. So far they have been a decent A/T tire wearing well with minimal noise. Best price is from a tire place in corcoran. They are the distributor to all the other dealers that carry these tires.

ck, what did the hankook's run ya? I used to run hankook's on my cars until I got a truck. I used to get 75K+ on my cars but had never run into anyone with them on their trucks. I beleive I bought them in corcoran as well

I worked in a tire shop for 2 years and can honestly say that a Nitto Terra Grappler is absolutely the best bang for the buck. They last 60,000-80,000 miles, they are one of the best tires in the snow they look bad [PoorWordUsage] and for the tire style very minimal road noise and they only run $100-200 a tire depending on size and ply. Now the absolute best tire is the Bridgestone Dueler Revo Bar None! they only last for about 30,00 miles but they don't make any road noise and are the best tire in the snow. I put these tires on my truck 2 years and and have not put it in 4 wheel drive since. Downside is they run $150-300 a tire which can get pricey. Which is why the next set i buy will be the nitto's.

Originally Posted By: Walleye Guy
My next set of tires for my GMC will be BF AT's. They never come as original equipment but they are always my choice as the second set. I usually get 60-70k off a set. Make sure you shop around. I have found a $150/set difference across the SW metro area dealers. I have found the best prices at the big whole sale clubs.

Sams or something else?

BFG is a big name brand meaning 25%+ of the price of the tire is for the name on the side General Grabber AT2's are very similar to the BFG TA KO's in my opinion better and about 25% cheaper than the BFG tire.

Also any tire you buy from sams club is a cheap tire. They a specific tire made cheaply just for sam's club. They are cheaper in price because they are a cheaper tire. So beware they will not last as long and you are more likely to have cord separation problems with them.

Call Curt at Discount Tire in West St Paul 651-306-9910

Very knowledgeable. You don't need to buy there, just call him for info.

I just put on a set of the nitto terra grapplers and have almost 3,000 on them still look new and I dont have to put it in 4 at some of the landings that i would of tore it up in 4. the stock tires size was 265/70/17 and i put on 295/70/17 still got all the power but the speedo is alittle off

i second or third or fourth anyone that said bridgestone dueler a/t revo. wow these tires are simply the best snow tire i have ever had or seen, i have a couple of buddies that have the ko's and there a great tire but i'v driven my truck through spots where they were stuck/burried, could have been the line i took but once you feel the way these tires hook up in snow you realize it's the tires. spendy but worth every penny.

My vote Dueler AT Revo...those things bite ice/snow! Night and day over my regular Dueler AT's.

I don't buy my Tires from Sam's Club. I have had zero issues with the tires being "cheaper tires" from the other "Club-type" retailer.

I just picked up another set of 315/70/17 BFG AT's last week to replace my current ones that are at almost 80k. Ended up getting this set (used with a couple thousand miles on them, like new condition) for about $400-450 (depending what I sell the rims for that they came on). Got my last set that are currently on the truck for $325, they had less than 1000k when I bought them. Look around and you can find some sweet deals if your not in a hurry!

Hey 18 inch crappie,

I have a question for you about proform. What is your email?

Thanks in advance

I love my bridgestone WINTER duelers ,I have a 2 wheel drive Dakota they are super smooth and quiet even at 80+ mph, I cant get stuck and Ive tried just for fun.

They are so great, I didnt want to take them off for summer and they lasted 2 years.

Now I need new ones for next winter. The higher cost is well worth Never getting stuck, BEFORE i had Bridgestone Winter Duelers I'd get everytime I stoped or parked.

I have the revos on one truck and they are the best I've had for winter use, but the worst for wear! I would consider getting them again but I would only run them in the winter. I have another truck with the BFG's and they are very good in winter and are wearing very well. A couple people mentioned the Dayton tires. I had a set on one of my work vans. Great price, good in snow, great wear(85,000)! The original poster was asking about the BFG's, I say go for it.