• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Headed up to the Kek next week for 5 days. Just looking for some ideas on what lures/techniques/structure to try for the lakers this time of the year. I have some idea of what to do, but am always looking for more ideas that have worked for others in July. I know the fish will most likely be deep and set up off of deep structure like walls, and rock humps. Will have limited rigging options being out of a canoe, and that is where some friendly advice would be nice! Thanks! Will post results upon return...

Any type of laker spoon (Docter, Sutton, etc), especially with silver or brass/gold trolled with either a diving device, 1 to 4 oz inline weight, or a 3 way with 4-8 oz bell sinker.

3/4 to 2 oz jig tipped with cisco, smelt, or sucker and jig 30 FOW or more and vary depths.

Lay a smelt or cisco on the bottom in 30-70 FOW and wait on shore.

A friend of mine is going to be up there with a group of 6 the same time as you are, have fun!

(I am leaving for Sag tomorrow afternoon so if I dont reply again, that is why)

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Kek Trout! YEAH! Had some really great fishing for Lakers on Kek for 2 days. Deep, fast moving diving lure and a steep wall drop-off and you were in them! Great time fishing and eating those tasty treats. Not any real large fish, but fighters and great eaters. Easy to get a limit in an hour or 2 of not really serious fishing. What an absolutely beautiful lake. No other like it the BWCA that I've seen. Not real easy to get to, but well worth a stay once you do. Fun times!