• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Centerville-Lake-Peltier Fishing Reports

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OnAFly

• RonZ

• JBMasterAngler

• Grizzly_lokolman

I like both of these lakes because I can get there fish for a couple hours and be home before the wife and kids even miss me. Nice to be able to get out catch a couple fish and not eat up the whole day.

Anybody been out recently? Is the slush firming up? I am planning on going out on Tuesday nite after work and have never fished the lake but it seems like a good one to try as it is close to where I work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was going to head out to centerville this weekend, any tips for northerns. What bait/and depth? I've never been out there and have always wanted to try it out. Thanks in advance for any help.

• 2 weeks later...

Completely forgot about the tournament today, so went to peltier instead. Wow, what a waste of such a nice day! I probably fished about 20 holes from the north, south, and middle of the small group out on the lake. Not only did I get skunked, but I didn't even mark a fish! Nobody else stayed in the same spot for very long either.

Wow Peltier was a bust today; put a lot of fish on the camera: mostly sunnies, one slab croppie, and a bunch of northerns... but the fish were COMPLETELY disinterested today!!! I was out for 4 1/2 hrs and although I had fish swimming by, I did not have one sunny even come up to my waxie, they just swam by like it was invisible! the northerns came and looked at my sucker, but no dice either... very strange day to say the least. ALL the fish I put on camera were just about 1 foot under the ice; due to the warm temps i take it...I saw 0 fish on the bottom

That lake got really tough the last few weeks. You'll see fish, but they have no interest in eating. I'll get one or two to bite, but it's nothing worth going for. It's just February fishing at it's worst.

Peltier has had very tightlipped fish all winter, but this weekend was ridiculous- I've never seen fish so oblivious to bait, it's like they were all hypnoitized!

Went out to Centerville around 330 today and there was a lot of water on the landing by the old bar and the 'roads' had maybe 2 inches of water on them. I drove to the south side and caught some pumpkinseeds from about 4 to 5 or so but there was no size to them. There was a pretty steady stream of water running down my hole. The guys with the perms may have a bit of chiseling to do once things tighten up again.

• 2 weeks later...

Drove by the last weekend and saw very few houses out on Peltier... MY guess is that the oxygen is so low right now that the fish have shut off..hence no fishermen...anyone been out here in the last week? ...I'm guessing Peltier is just done until things start to warm up

I ve been on peltier a few times and it's been slow. I did well last year in Febuary and March. The fishing this year on Peltier has been slow.

Morning bite has been the best for crappies while gills have been better close to sunset.

I was on Peltier on Sunday trying for northerns, our suckers were dying, oxygen is very low where we were. I hope the fish are ok.

Was out there Sunday afternoon drilled over 15 holes couldn't graph a fish. Went across the street did catch small craps.

Drove by Peltier this Sunday morning. Not even a crow on the lake.

I was on it most of the morning. Drilled at least 50 holes and did not mark a single fish on my flasher. I noticed at the boat launch there are postings of aeration being done. Went on the centerville side and found a bunch of dink crappie and sunfish.

I drove out to peltier sat. and a guy told me at the boat launch not to waste my time out there, he said it froze out. He said someone he knew had dead fish comming up his spear hole a couple weeks ago. So I went to

Centerville and caught really small crappies and sunfish.

That is too bad. The DNR put some nice pan fish in there from Pelican in Wright county. Early winter saw a bunch of bulls and monster Crappie on the camera and did real well out there in fall. Guess the aerator system is a day late and a dollar short. What a waste

Wow anybody heard anything else on Peltier freezing out? That would be a real bummer, how do you fix a lake after something like that?

You let nature take it's course. I doubt every fish died. Plus, it's connected to centerville, so they'll be back...and hopefully after a few years BIGGER!!! smile

are you guys driving out on centerville? i have nothing to do today and am thinking about driving over there and wetting a line for a hour or two. it is the closest lake to my house, so i figure why not

Yeah everybody was driving out yesterday. Plenty of ice. Auger went all the way to the powerhead when drilling yesterday