• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Prior Lake Fishing Reports

No haven't been out to Prior in a couple weeks cause I had a bad cold, but going to try Cedar Lake tonight. I'll prob be out on Prior sometime this weekend though.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BassFisherman

• DoubleLunger

• CrappieKilla

• Carl J.

I will be heading out to prior tonight wonder what the bite is going to be like with the warm weather dont know will find out i guess will let you know wont be out till about 6 or so

yeah the nice thing is that nobody really fishes it that hard in the summer i think i will be moving mine again to many people moved over buy me was out last night very slow only three crappies graphed em but they did not want to bite

I moved my shack on sat out to candy cove in 25fow caught a few crappies all were suspended at about 10ft below the ice will be going out wed stop on bye cream colored shack that says crappie hunter on the side

• 2 weeks later...

Looking to take my 8 year old out niece for some nice gills tomorrow. Any advice where to go would be great.

Just go out of the Sportsman's access by everyone else and you should get 'em... 15-20 fow. Or here's the Outdoor News report:

WEST METRO

Sunfish are hitting in 12 to 14 feet at Prior Lake

Thanks. I never have fished in the winter there. Can you tell me how to get to that access please.

I don't know the street names but it's off of 42... But you can use the main access(Off of Shady Beach Trail, I believe) just as easily and just go left when you drive out till you get to the village of houses near the island .

The sportsman's access is between 18 and 13 on 42. Once on 42 take Conroy. Once on Conroy stay to the right and the access is a few blocks up.

Be sure to have a can of euros with and go a little ways from all the shanties. 18 feet has been good.

Good luck!

I hit prioir this am. Lots of fish but the size was really lacking. I fished in 13, 16 and 20ft of water.

I would guess I caught 45-50 sunfish in 2.5 hours and they were very negative. I was hoping to keep a meal but 6" just is not quite big enough.

Fun anyways. Anyone looking to get some kids on action, Prior would be the place.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone been out lately? How is the travel out of the Sportsmen's Access? Seen on the news Prior got like 7 inches of snow. Ooh, hows the bite also! Thanks for any input. I'll be out there tomorrow morning chasing some crappies.

Well i have been on a few south metro lakes, crystal, Marion, Carls all have been fine. Wouldnt get off the beaten path if you dont have a 4x4.

I drove out on the 11th, and there is quite a bit of snow on the lake. There are some packed trails, however you need a four wheel drive to get around....

• 4 weeks later...

Are you still able to get out on that lake with a wheeler? or walking out. havent been there for a few weeks.

There were still trucks out on the ice yesterday. I was at the accesses at sportmans and at Sandpoint beach and they were getting very beat up as of Sunday so I can only imagine what they are like now. You could walk on from Sandpoint if its too bad.

I was out both days this weekend. I took ATV out but there were trucks on ice both days. One of the guys fishing with us drove on from Sportmans and said it was very muddy but he made it on and off. Ice is starting to pull away from the lake some. Fishing was ok for sunfish, nothing of any size.

• 4 weeks later...

I am planning on taking the wife out to try to catch panfish on sat. I have fished lower prior before but only for bass. Would upper or lower be a better bet and are they in close to shore or a little deeper still?

docks are not in as of last night. Water temp in bays are 55 and main lake is 52. Its warmer then i would have expected

• 1 month later...

I am thinkin about going to prior for opener. What time do you guys think i will need to get there? Same as Tonka???

That's no joke either. My nephew went out on prior at midnight a couple years back and he said it had alot people out there. By sunrise it was a complete circus.

I have been on Prior the last 2 openers (mornings, not midnight) I would not call it a circus, but the parking was overflowing a little. It's been cold and rainy both times, most left by noon. scattered results.

Have not decided yet this year, if its going to be Prior or someplace else.

Prior on a nice warm Sat. afternoon that is a circus, just a bunch of rec'ers flying around. good luck