• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bald Eagle Lake Fishing Reports

Trucks have been all over the lake for well over 2 weeks. You should not have any trouble getting around due to the ice thickness. I live across the street from the lake and can see what's going on traffic wise just about every day.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom7227

• life=outdoors92

• jBohmer

• chippy

Thanks to Tom7227 and Boatin for the response. If this cold moderates enough, i will be out there on Saturday.

I plan on hitting BE Saturday as well. Should be fun if my buddy's can make it out too. Normally I would have been out there a bunch of times already but I have been busy and on some other lakes. I am excited to fish my old faithful lake. Think I am going after those slabs everyone is talking about. laugh See you all on the lake, fight the cold!

what part of bald lake is good to start on, coming from the south and never been on this lake. any help would be nice from some fellow ice fishermen, thanks!

Crappies are have always been around the island. Don't know the depth off the top of my head but it is quite deep (25 FOW or so). Should be a lot of people set up near where they are at. Good luck, I will be out on Saturday if that is the day you are thinking of going. If I find them I will help you out. send me a message if you need some more assitance.

i fish bald eagle at least 3 times a week. if you go just east of the island in about 30-34 fow thats where ive been cathing a ton of crappies. Was out for about 6 hours with a buddy on wednesday and caught 57 and missed about another 15 or so. I fish that spot when i want to catch something for sure. But thats also all ive ever caught there. Nothing but crappies and they are all about 7"-9".

Thanks bigJ, I was hoping things have not changed. That is what I plan on doing all day tomorrow. I got a buddy who is not having a good season and I feel like keeping score instead of looking for the big one. Who knows, maybe a couple of keepers.

I ahve also fished in that deeper water and have caught lots of those little ones.7-8 years ago we would catch some really nice eaters now bunches of small ones

Anybody been having any luck on walleyes there lately?

Time is short and the season's almost over. Only in town

for another 2 weeks and I'll be back at school so probably

won't have much time to fish. Really looking forward to

catching a decent eye out of the ice this year.

Any help of lake suggestions would be nice.

Thanks!

I've lived here and had direct lake access since 1987. I fish at least 25 times a year open water and ice. I can catch walleye by the dozens in Canada. I have caught a total 3 walleye on BE.

You want walleye and a good chance of catching an eater, go someplace else.

Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing but I suspect a few others would agree with me.

Was out there today for a couple hours...caught 19 crappies, maybe 4 of which I would've considered keepers. Used silver/chartreuse and orange/chartreuse swedish pimples, and red forage minnow. Tipped with minnow head or gulp waxies. Had to work a little harder to get them to take the gulp, but the ones that did tended to be a little bigger. I think I could've done very well if I would've had euros...ran low on minnows, and my fingers were getting too cold trying to catch the few that were left eek

I was out last night from 4-6:30. Caught enough crappies, biggest one was 8.5". A few nice gills. All fish were returned to the water. I was fishing a break in 18FOW. Just nice to get out and weather was comfortable.

I was out on Saturday. We caught many small perch and a couple of small walleye. We were away from the crowds on the southern part of the lake.

just got back from this lake. used some minnows and caught some crappie. All small sized crappie. Lots of people with lots of small perch and small crappie. very slow bite. some people with large northerns. fished behind the island.

Was out yesterday afternoon and had pretty steady crappie action from about 4:15 to 6:00. Things pretty much shut down at dark even though I was still marking a lot of fish, just couldn't get them to take it. No big ones, just 'standard' Bald Eagle sized crappies.

I was out Sunday and caught the typical 10 to a lb crappies.

What needs to be done with this lake to produce some decent size crappies?

Mike

I gave it a try yesterday in hopes of getting my daughter to catch her 1st fish. Marked crappies in every hole, but they would not bite frown I hooked 1 for her right off the bat, but when I offered her the pole, she ran away crazy I lost that fish on the way up.

What time? Most posters I've read have said 4-530 or so is the best. Maybe that was your problem. I have to admit though that I've been out 3 times in the past 2 weeks and only caught one dinky perch.

I was hoping to get out one last time on Sunday. How was the driving on the lake? Was there much water on top of the ice?

Aside from the access and the main road, there wasn't much water on the ice. And now that the temp is 13 degrees as I type this, I don't think there will be any problems.

Was out last night no standing water. I only seen a few cars and had one do a drive around. I took my 4 wheelers out. The ice was 24" in the spot I fished but will not be going back out. I could not get a fish over 7" to me it is not worth the effort on that lake.

The ice was quite bumpy also.

was out on Bald on Sunday just as the storm came rolling through. I was in 16 feet of water and caught 8 or 9 of the bald eagle crappies. nothing was on the bottom, everything was suspended and I caught them on a red glow jig with 3 euro larvae. fun to be out!

Midcoast....if conditions are anything like White Bear....a full size truck should have no problems moving around.

It looked to me on Thursday that the snow in the bay on the west side was more than I would want to handle with my 2wd F 150. Anyone been out from the launch that cares to share info?

Anyone been out on the lake lately? I would like to know what the driving conditions are like out to the island. I may go out on Sat morning. Thank you.

Anyone been out on the lake lately? I would like to know what the driving conditions are like out to the island. I may go out on Sat morning. Thank you.

4x4 lots of snow

I'm going to take a buddy's young boys out next week for their first ice fishing trip, and he can only go close to home. I'm not looking for any spots, just wondering if those dinky crapps are biting still? I'm just looking for fast action for the kids. I have a few spots that should be good (okay, anything between 25 and 35 fow has always worked in the past out there, hahaha!) but haven't been out lately, and won't get out till I get them out. Wondering if BE or WBL would be better. I just want them to catch a bunch smile and we aren't keeping any. Thanks for any advice.