• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bald Eagle Lake Fishing Reports

I have driven around BE at about 2-3 pm the past three days and there hasn't been anyone out that I have seen. The ramp has got to be toast by now. The ice surface looked to me to be changing colors a bit yesterday but that could have been the dark sky.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom7227

• life=outdoors92

• jBohmer

• chippy

Would not surprise me. With the warmer temps, there is probably going to be boats on many of the bigger lakes by the weekend.

My sister in law said it was all gone this evening... Not much left on the part of WBL that I looked at, the west end by Kowalskis.

Bald Eagle was totally open Tuesday morning. White Bear was open on the south end except for a sheet of ice about 600 yards east of the VFW that was being hit hard by the wind. I'd bet it is gone by now - 10 a.m. Wed.

I got out on BE on Saturday afternoon. On the first cast of the year I got my largest crappie ever on BE - a nice 11" fish. It was mostly downhill after that with many small 6-7" crappies and one 8 3/4" bluegill. The water was 48 - 49 degrees and I was in 5 feet of water out of the wind. I moved one time because the mallards and wood ducks wanted to be where I was fishing and they were getting in the way. Why do the birds not come in like that during duck season for me? I think they were taunting me!

• 3 weeks later...

The sunnies has been biting very well out on Bald Eagle. You may have to do some sorting though if you wanted some for a meal. Some people have been catching a few very big bowheads and Dogfish out there as well.

Well the kids had a blast my son got his first Crappie good times smile the ramp is great nothing like WBL. Went out today and got a lot of Crappies

same old BE crappies but did get a few keepers that are still swimming it was a catch & release day maybe Sunday I'll keep a few if I make it out

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got the boat in this afternoon and went out around 6. Decent number of folks out fishing. How are folks doing? I was very happy to see how clear the water is. Up on the north end the weeds are up 2-3 feet already. I only trolled around for an hour or so and managed to release the arrogant perch that took my offering before it got to the boat.

Fishing for bluegills with my 4 yr old son yesterday just before the storm. Caught a 26" walleye with a jig. It was pretty intense. I caught it on a 1/16oz jig, 2 lb. test line, 32" ice fishing rod purched from thorne bros. I left the net at home b/c figured we're just fishing the gills so no need. My fingers are torn from grabbing the fish.

Cool, nice fish "eyes" !!! There are some biggies out there for sure.

Good day today. Some sunnies for fun on the south end. Trolling on the north end we got a 25 inch nothern, a smaller one, a 15 inch walleye and a small bass. Light boat traffic this evening. Why does everyone bother to go North? Fine with me if they leave and we have some nice calm time out on the water.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful night tonight on the water. Lots of marks on the HDS5 but not much on the end of the hook. Who cares?

• 2 weeks later...

We fish BE pretty often in the evening. Crappies have been biting well and we have had a few 20+ walleye just at sun down off small jigs! Some of the blue gills are more than a fist full and if you find the right break, you can have a great evening out there. One caution: parking. We got ticketed along with about 15 other boats a few weeks ago. If there is no parking in the lot, there is no where to park, period. All of the roads near the lake are marked NO PARKING. We don't make the 40 minute trip anymore unless someone can confirm the lake is not packed.

• 5 months later...

i hope nobody minds that i start a bald eagle post on it's own. i rarly fish wbl and am wondering the thickness and walking difficulty for pulling a large porty

the ice is plenty thick last night we had 6 inches clear ice 4 inches white ice but beware where there is snow there also will 6 inches of slush under it

Separating White Bear and Bald Eagle makes sense to me. I guess I don't understand how one person can encounter 12 inches of sold ice and another runs into a lot of slush.

Separating White Bear and Bald Eagle makes sense to me. I guess I don't understand how one person can encounter 12 inches of sold ice and another runs into a lot of slush.

Well if your implying about my post of how much ice is on the lake where we were fishing. here is a picture of the ice. Hard to tell how much ice is there from the picture, but we measured it a few time.

135861_1503272341850_1235478402_31146607

Looking to walk out tomorrow, just wondering if anyone has timed the walk from the landing to the reed island??

Or is there anywhere else you can walk out from.

thanks in advance!

I fished Bald Eagle on Saturday afternoon. Parked at the county park and walked out. The walk wasn't bad as long you stayed on the established trail, venture into the snow and you were in for a lot more work with lots of slush underneath. There was a lot of ice where I drilled and the slush was minimal if you found spots without a lot of snow. Fishing during the day was slow, with some small perch and a bluegill coming up the hole. Crappies lit up the LX-5 after dark and bit pretty steady until I pulled the plug at 6:30. Caught fish on waxies, spikes, Little Atom Nugies, and Gulp! Alive--didn't catch a fish on a minnow. None of the crappies I caught went over 8 inches, with fish in the 6-7" range most common.