• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Bald Eagle Lake Fishing Reports

Alright, they weren't huge crappies but they were plenty big enough for this heavily fished metro lake. I'll just go back to reading instead of posting.

Don't worry about the few people taking cheap shots. They do not represent the majority of people on FM. To some people a slab is any crappie, to some it has to be 12, 13, or 14"+.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom7227

• life=outdoors92

• jBohmer

• chippy

Hey I just realized this site is no longer called Fishing Minnesota, it's called HSO. Oops.

Will my Yami Grizzly get through the snow on Bald eagle to pull out my 1500-1700 pound perm? What are the conditions like> it will pull it I know that but how much snow etc is out there.... OR can I just drive my Expedition out now?

I went out there the other night and caught some 9 inch slabs! grin weedlines and red glow jigs were the ticket!

Not posting is better than false posting. I know several guys that fish BE and they have not seen a crappie much over 10 in. in several years.

Drove my expedition out on on Sunday no snow just dusting on top went all the way to the weed island people told me ice went almost full auger blade thinking about getting my butt off the couch and hit it in about a hour heard they been hitting crappies, be fishing out the back of truck glad your a grizzly supporter me to

Not posting is better than false posting. I know several guys that fish BE and they have not seen a crappie much over 10 in. in several years.

yea...and??

I don't see the point in taking multiple shots a new user just because you don't believe him. He's trying to help out other readers which is what this forum is supposed to be all about.

Tooshay!!!

I agree with you 100 percent. You are the only one that knows if you are telling the truth or lying to us. But for those that don't beleive you, maybe they are not edjamacated enough, or skilled enough to find fish of that stature. Keep up the good work and happy fishing.

was out for three hrs today some kids goofing around on a golf cart thank god nobody was around them big enough lake just keep distance away from the fisherman and shacks was in about 17 feet of water small perch only was west of weed bed about 100 yards

I have seen vehicles on just about all areas of the lake. Trucks were out as of last Saturday, or was it the Saturday before. Sitting at the VFW in downtown White Bear yesterday (Wednesday) I saw at least a half dozen trucks out on the ice on what looked to be a good size "town" out from around Bellaire Beach. If there's enough there there's enough on Bald Eagle.

Slab... such a subjective term. The guy i buy bait from up at my cabin is from Pickwick, TN. It's not a slab to him if you can't put your fist in it's mouth.

Me... I like to go with the 2-standard deviations method for determining a slab crappie. My calcs for bald eagle put a slab crappie at 11.5 inches. (Standard deviation in 2010 was 1.7)

Getting on someone for a false report when all they reallly did was use a subjective term that did not fit your definition of said term... gimme a break.

All that aside, I'll be hittin the north end this weekend I think. If ya see two dudes with no shelter and apparently no idea what they're doin, say hi.

Just got back from all day on BE. A few perch during the day and right before dark the Crappies started hitting big time. Lasted a few ours. Great fishing!!!

was out from 2-6pm sunday. marked fish and caught fish the whole time there. turn off when it got dark but was still marking fish. biggest was 9 and 10s the rest dinks. fun tho...

I was also out sunday. I got away from the crowds and fished from 12-4:45pm. Once I found the fish I was popping them consistently until 4pm, then the bite turned off. I was still marking but no longer getting biters. The pannies were a little bit bigger than what I normally catch out there too, I threw everything back (8 inch sunnie, 9 1/2 inch crappie). Not very big but the last time I caught a bunch of crappies I don't think one broke 8 in, and our group caught over 250 of them!

i was out there on sunday and didnt really see anyone close to it at all the entire day so i didnt know. i was fishing on the west side of it but about 75 yards from it. Ive fished it in the past and gotten stuff but i didnt see anyone fishing it so i didnt know how it was doing.

Looking for advice on were to sit by cigar island for eyes and if people have been driveing out that far. Planing on fishing all day Friday any advice would help on recent activity.

Stop in and say hi ill be in a black ice cube and driveing a dark blue van if I can.

Thats why i have always stayed away from the island. I think some people need to understand the best thing isnt to always go where everyone else is, it might be better to stay away from all of that!

Im planing on trying B.E. in the morning for first time this year and am looking for any recent reports from the last few days. Anything decent happening out there. [PoorWordUsage], Wall, Nort. Etc. Report it UP 2cconfusedgrin

I have fished in the mornings a few times. I went in about 20 feet of water just on the other side of the first weed bed. Been getting just purch and actually been getting some jumbo perch believe it or not. Then about 4pm the crappies come pooring in. I havent gotten anything else then those two things at that spot. I have no idea who is doing what anywhere else.

Where have people been doing good during the day? Whether its pan fish, northerns, eyes or whatever. I have my spots for the night but its been all pan fish. Any info would be great!

Hello, I am thinking of driving out on Bald Eagle with my Chevy Suburban. If I want to get away from the crowds and strike out on a destination off the beaten path, is the ice good for driving just about anywhere on the south end of the lake ( yes,.. I know that"no ice is ever safe").

Thanks

Drove out in my Yukon XL last Saturday without issue. Even left it in 2WD and did a little trail blazin.

Hello, I am thinking of driving out on Bald Eagle with my Chevy Suburban. If I want to get away from the crowds and strike out on a destination off the beaten path, is the ice good for driving just about anywhere on the south end of the lake ( yes,.. I know that"no ice is ever safe").

Thanks