• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

So I've heard from two different people that there are already muskies in Tetonka, so why do they want to stock them?

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• luckycrank

• Matt C

• hawkeye43

• smeese

I had 8.3 with 3 fish. frown I couldn't find that last bite I needed!I didn't boat a keeper fish until 10 am. IN the first 2 hours my partner and I boated well over 15 bass under 12"s. 10 lbs even took 4th place.11 somethin low took 3rd. The guy who won it puts on a bustin bass league of some sorts. white lund. he did alot of runnin during the day!

Didn't see your post until today... I'd take 8.3 with 3 fish on that lake. It kicks my butt every time I go there.

Ya I had 2 nice fish and 1 around 13.5"s . A side imaging unit is definitly the way to go especialy for that lake . alot of deep structure and trees that not many people know about.

Aww come'on guys...share and share alike! smirk

You're right about side imaging. That is a fun lake to tool around on with the 998.

I've been trying to get a handle on something worthwhile out there this season, since last year was the first time I fished it. Pat, I was lucky enough to have your nephew join me for an outing last year which sped the learning curve considerably. We stayed shallow and did pretty well filling the boat with 2 pounders. This summer I've tried to expand my knowledge of the lake. Found numerous rock piles but not done well on them. It is a cool lake, much different than most others in the area...unfortunately it is whooping my a$$ so far.

I'll keep going back until I get it.

Ill be going back in pry a month or so to target smallies .I have some inside info on them and I would like to give it a shot this late fall.

• 4 weeks later...

first time poster. fished Tetonka yesterday afternoon for the first time and enjoyed a nice mix of species- walleye, smallies, largemouth and a couple pike. found everything drifting over the sunken island between the points. 1/4oz jig and minnow.

most seemed to be pretty shallow, couldn't find anything in either deeper side.

any recommendation how/where to focus on the eyes? bass and pike are fun but sure would like to get into some Walters down there. big advocate of CPR most of the time, however would love to know if there's a slot? thx

Welcome to FM!

Thanks for the report.

I have not fished Tetonka all summer/spring long.

I am pretty sure there is not a special slot on Tetonka, just the regular State rules apply.

Appreciate the response. My boat is up north until the spring and I'm not a huge fan of casting from shore... so I had to head over to Jerry's Best Point Resort to grab his 14'er. Big plug for Jerry- helluva guy. It's the only place I could find a rental this time of year and is closer to Lakeville than Minnetonka, Bald Eagle etc.

In general, you guys finding the eyes in shallows now outside the weedlines? Trying to figure out if the 1 I got was an anomaly or if they're cruising shallow now.

I can see in the photo that Eric was having a PBR. Go figure.

Actually when I look at the photo, I believe we were out on the border past the gap by the sand beaches. Seems there was a party boat not far from us. wink

I can see in the photo that Eric was having a PBR. Go figure.

Actually when I look at the photo, I believe we were out on the border past the gap by the sand beaches. Seems there was a party boat not far from us. wink

Ha...um...dunno what yer talking bout a party boat. whistle hehe.

Yes, and I think you were floating peanuts over to the other boat as well.

• 1 month later...

Anybody fish Tetonka yet? Hopefully swinging thru town on business in the next couple days and would love to cut a few holes. Wondering how the ice is.

Also, what's my best bet for hardwater walleyes anywhere from waseca/faribault area? Anybody willing to share? I found 'em in Tetonka this fall but haven't ventured out on the ice anywhere down there yet.

Tetonka is my nemesis. So I am not much help on it smile

I however would look to breaks and structure you have previously found during open water.

As for ice..I have heard of a few out there (remember, a river does run through it). I was on Kelly Lake today tip up'in. 4 to 6" of ice. Lots of soft ice due to the snow.

Good luck! Let us know how ya do!

What other lakes might I find some eyes down there? Not asking for specific honey holes, just lakes. Anytime anybody wants a couple pointers on some Lakeville/Prior area lakes I can help ya out (or at least try haha).

Gave Cannon a shot this afternoon/evening per your advice and couldn't find anything but 5/6" perch. Tried varying depths in 6-12 FOW on the northeast end of the lake off the point on the east side and thru my entire box at em. Surprised I didn't get a pike on a tipup either?

Guessing I should have gone out further to the 15' hole on the north end but didn't feel like walking that far in the snow drifts. Any pointers as to where those pesky eyes may be hiding? Deeper? Thanks.

Definitely not enough to drive anything more than a sled on.. probably 5" of good ice with slush on top. Let us know how you do? Would love to know where you go as I could only find little perch. Good luck.

I have never fished always thought about it as I drove by. I am having a hard time deciding where to go because of all the snow. I will let you know if I make it out how I do.

Was out on Tetonka today, Fishing was pretty slow and the walk out was a pain, better than sitting at home though! Lots of Snow and slush on the ice.

Always better than sitting at home. Where did you set up? I had a great fall down there, hoping to get down there sometime soon to see if the walter's stay hot under the ice.

I was on the east end by the beach. Moved up to the area from NW Iowa this summer and was finally able to pick up a Walleye out of Tetonka after a few months of trying. Even though it was a little one, it was still pretty exciting.

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing lots of trucks...not sure if its safe enough but it's not my insurance to worry about either.

ya my truck isnt worth a fue sunfish. its not paid for yet eather. a fue days ago i found a spot with only 5 inches of clear ice. fish are biting though.