• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Nokomis Fishing Reports

Anyone been out here lately? One of my buddys lives just a few blocks away and wants to go fishing. What are some good spots from shore looking for pretty much anything that will bite.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HuskerBen

• Fly2day

• PierBridge

• JesseParker1

Went out this afternoon hoping to catch anything- luckily stayed after my hands went numb and pulled out a crappie to quit on. Stripped by the little guys all day- awfully cold to be taking the gloves off for a new waxie. I was sitting between 12-16 in the NW corner.

I've seen a lot of houses out recently- anyone having any luck?

Was going to try again today until I looked at the wind chill- I think I can wait until tomorrow to give it another shot. Should be fun watching a flag and the Pond Hockey at the same time.

• 1 year later...

Hey all -

I saw a thread on Lake Calhoun that hadn't been updated in a while. I figure there are some of us out there that fish these downtown lakes on a weeknight when there's no time to head elsewhere. I've yet to fish Calhoun this year but here what I've seen on Nokomis:

The crappie bite was great right after ice out - I caught fish just west of the boat launch and east of the bridge. The smaller crappies can still be had in the evening. The sunfish have started biting more aggressively in the same spot too - although I hear there are an abundance of sunnies everywhere...

Mid June: We caught one 30" tiger straight off the larger swimming beach while trolling. I think there's sand that stretches out that way and its about 13' deep throughout that stretch. Trolling the same 75 yards back and forth we've found a couple largemouth and a small walleye.

There's my input. Now can someone please give me a little direction on how you're finding the larger walleyes??? Thanks!