• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

OPENER!

tunrevir

FWA, that hurts the pocket book a bit but at least you have the peace of mind that everything will be fine once you hit the water. Good luck out there Saturday!

Tunrevir~

At least it was just the Battery FWA but that can be very frustrating.

better it be the battery than a big problem with the motor. Now thats a chunk of change!

I'm definitely happy it wasn't the motor... Just feel extra special not knowing about that 3rd battery. wink

I'm definitely happy it wasn't the motor... Just feel extra special not knowing about that 3rd battery. wink
That is funny right there! Last year while fishing up the Gunflint trail we got back to camp at 1130 at night. I told a buddy to get the fish out of the livewell while I got the fire going and sprayed for skeets. He brings the fish over we take a couple picks and clean them up. Loaded up camp the next morning and headed back to the cities in eighty degree weather. Got home, unpacked, and began to spray down and clean the boat. Boy did I get a surprise when I opened the hatch to the livewell! I stinky 16" walleye made the trip back in the well. My buddy missed one in the dark and I got the Grumpy old man. Can't imagine what it would have been like to have it in there for a few days. Good luck on the water!

Tunrevir~

i had that on a trip to the boundary waers for a canoe trip. I froze water in alum foil blocks to keep food cool for the drive up. I forgot I also froze a package of fish in 1 block. After 9 days, canoeing got back to brazer to find the package of fish was left in the cooler. The Green slimmy, left the truck in a rather poor smell. The ride home was a bit rough.

Yep, I guess that is one way to get the stink of a skunk off you just have to live with the smell for awhile longer grin

Tunrevir~

IMG_3675.JPG

Here's a picture from opening morning. Sure was a beautiful day. Doesn't look like Tomorrow will be quite so pleasant.

Nice pic. I can almost see the schools of white bass swimming along that shoreline wink

IMG_3707.JPG

Had a fun morning with my daughter Izzy on the river. We boated sheepshead, white bass, walleye, and channel cat. Not as bad as forecast.

By the way, you ain't kidding about the white bass on that shoreline. They're still thick in there. Fish-n-chips for dinner.

Fuzzie..

Where is the white bass running? I want try fishing for them. What are you using to catch them? Any tips will be great. Thanks

Skyy - You can find them in the stretch between the high bridge and Taylors Falls. They will hit a crank bait so you can troll to find the school and then work it with a jig once you're on them. They'll hit #5 raps (try blue) on a troll and they'll really hit a 3/8 oz fireball jig and gulp minnow once you find them. Very nice table fare and easy to fillet bone free.

Went out for Minnesota's opener... Had plenty of action between sheephead and white bass all day long! Thankfully had 7 walleye mixed in with 5 legals... Great opener, lots of action and a couple for the table! Most of our fish came in 11' using bottom bouncers.. Fished in front of and just south of Stillwater, gotta love the Croix!