• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What will happen whan Mauer comes back?

SledNeck

Did everybody hear Dazzle on the radio last night?

Redmond might go down to AAA

Nostrosledneckus

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SledNeck

• PierBridge

• zamboni

• winniewalleye777

Reddog has been a great back-up catcher for a long time but he's maybe seen his time come. If he goes, I agree with the move...He's not the future and with Mauer being so injury prone we're going to need to develop Morales at the big-league level.

The Star Trib has an article this morning saying Redmond had an MRI done on his shoulder. Apparently its been bothering him.

He seemed reluctant to go on the DL since he's only been on it one other time in his career but at his age I bet he'll take that over going back to AAA.

So far my theory seems to be gaining some merit.

I would like to see Redmond come back next year as a coach, so whatever we do with him now, lets not mistreat him.

If he's injured its a whole nother issue and the knee-jerk panic reactions above have some merit "luckily". If he's healthy then its a no-brainer and Heckter is sent down...

Who is Heckter and what are you talking about? Also, if you are thinking Morales is just on a lucky hitting streak, you are dead wrong. The kid has hit all through the minors, granted, he is mostly a singles hitter, but he hits.

I am not of the thinking we should send Redmond packing, but Morales hitting around .300 is what should be expected of him. It will be a hard decision for the club to make. I am thinking they will probably send Red to the DL or keep 3 catchers.

Wow I read through this banter from the beginning and one point seems to be missed in all this.... Morales was not a catcher.... The Twins pushed him into that position. He was an infeilder. So if he is hitting fair why not look at some of our weak hitting infeild before wacking off Reddog or Morales. I can't say what his stats were as an infeilder but he has only been pushed into catching for about a year. So let's not overlook someone who can backup the catchers (always a weekpoint when speaking of off the bench late innings help) but being able to still use him in the feild. So you want to send Joe out for a pinch hitter in 7th inning or Reddog but you cannot because we need to protect that position incase. Well now you have another option without losing another position or late inning bench help. Besides Cassillo's numbers are not so great as to be overlooked in all this send him down talk. Am I missing something here or is it a little knowen fact?

Joe should be back today. Here is the start to the climb to the top.

Ok, I read this top to bottom and I have to chime in. I am a catcher. I have been for 23 years. I have caught all different levels of baseball and even fastpitch softball. I have caught as many as 124 games of ball in one year. A catcher if injured with anything thing be it arm, back, knee, foot, leg or anthing thing, is not doing his team any good by not being able to do something. Have I played through injuries YES! Only because of lack of options. So I am sorry but everyone whining about Mauer being a puss should be in his shoes. I am done playing ball for the rest of my life cause of my knees am I a puss? He (Mauer) will need to get into another position soon or he will be done soon also. He is to big for the position (that is what makes him good behind the plate)and his body will not take it. Morales is at best OK behind the plate. He has not control over the pitchers, can not hold the ball and does not have the motion for catcher. Can he bat SURE but we have better CATCHERS in the system. I agree Red Dog is getting old and I agree this will be his last season as a Twins Player. Probally not as a coach. But sending him down is not an option. If they want Morales to become a catcher he has to catch everyday at AAA ball and then try to get a starting job. I do not think it will be with the Twins.

I am not saying I am an expert but this is just what I see.

Froggy

Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN - The Minnesota Twins announced today that they have reinstated catcher Joe Mauer from the 15-day disabled list. Mauer was placed on the DL with inflammation of the right sacroiliac joint on April 2 (retroactive to March 27). He appeared in five games as part of a rehab assignment with Single-A Ft. Myers, batting .400 (6-for-15) with two walks, two doubles, four rbi, two run scored and a .444 on-base percentage.

To make room for Mauer on the 25-man roster, the Twins have assigned righthanded pitcher Juan Morillo outright to Triple-A Rochester. Morillo was claimed off waivers from the Colorado Rockies on April 17 and made three appearances for the Twins.

With all the speculation on this thread did anyone actually get it right?

Good move in my opinion...but when Crain comes back, they will have to make another move...

Good move in my opinion...but when Crain comes back, they will have to make another move...

Let the speculation resume!

morillo just didn't have any control, the guy could almost hit 100 on the radar but everyone knew a fastball was coming, so it was a safe send down.

Re: What will happen whan Mauer comes back?

How about a dinger and a double....Welcome back Joe!!! smile

Originally Posted By: Ude Lake Tom

I'll start. Send Crain down. smirk

Originally Posted By: Jarrod32
Originally Posted By: Ude Lake Tom

I'll start. Send Crain down. smirk

I LIKE THAT IDEA

Someone needs to tell Crain to lose the horsecollar he wears. Looks like an overgrown middle-schooler with that "thing" around his neck. Send him down.

in all honesty, we probably need Crain back although I question if he's basically just a lesser version of Morillo. Both have control problems but Morillo throws with a little more velocity.

• 2 weeks later...

So what do all those Mauer haters think about the games best catcher after his return to the line-up?

Foot placed firmly in my mouth. Sure is fun ot watch. Looks like he is playin slowpitch softball out there

funny thing is he is hitting MLB pitching better than most guys can hit a slowpitch softball!!! Hopefully he can continue hitting like he is......Go Twins!!