• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

lets see your dogs

ranger20

Wood Tick: 1) Awesome Tri-color, that dog looks sweet. 2) Julie Knutson's Training the Pointing Labrador - really does a good job surrounding the pointing retriever/retreiving pointer. As you can imagine, there's a lot you can screw up with a dual purpose dog like this.

gr8icefishinmind: what breeding is your pup out of?

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ranger20

• caseymcq

• MuleShack

• 870Express

or 3 chihuahuas on a fat guy!

IMG_0526.jpg

or a Bubba sleepin on a GSP

IMG_0480.jpg

Cassie when she wasn't so gray, still sleepy though

DSC00012.jpg

In the clam

IMG_0562.jpg

gr8teicefishinmind - thanks just what I was looking for.

Just out of curiousity.......any reason??

This is Major! Took me a while to figure out how to post pics on here.... He's going to be a good one (I hope)

[img:center]Majormaxinwithhissqeakyball.jpg

[img:center]TheChampIsHere.jpg [img:center]Majoronpoint2.jpg

[img:center]MeandMajor.jpg

870, thanks for the advice. My wife is out looking to see if she can find the book today. He is a real natural, We took him out at 5 months with 5 shorthairs and he pointed witht he best of them form the second point on. He kept bothering the shorthairs when they pointed the first burd but after we shot it an he saw what was happening, he was solid from then on. Retreiving has been mostly miss but a couple hits where he actually brought the bird back. Teaching the retreive is my summer job before fall gets back!

Thanks again.

GSPMAN,

I wsih I could take the credit for picking him out, but I was in a movie when I found out I had a new addition to the house LOL. My girlfriend and her sister were on their humane society field trip day with one another and they picked him out for me. He was the second largest out of an unwanted litter of 7. I know who doesn't want PUREbred gsp pups?

Toddb,

It looks like you're right on. He's been traiing real well and I am really looking forward o the fall. I would like to get him on some more birds here real soon though.

• 2 months later...

A few pics of my 11 month old British, Jade. First two were taken on Vermilion last week where she had a great time retrieving bumpers from the dock. The other is from this past winter.

32232_10100236214271640_13946305_6233141

32232_10100236214281620_13946305_6233141

26391_10100179086655840_13946305_6033986

Holy Hannah! 23,500 views on this thread! Think we love our dogs?!

Good Luck!

Ken

These are all fresh from today's training session, Koda is almost 7 months old now and appears to be on course to join me in the blind this fall!

e5f35e735265fda8535ccadbf172ae35.jpg

f83a33002bdd804e41c16f136ee00ede.jpg

a70574a78fa1ad850130221dcf734ebb.jpg

140c711b2f5f5af0ed1168392acfe0fe.jpg

Gr8icefishinmind:

Was wondering if your dog had any Wildrose or Wild Souix dogs in him/her. Yours has both. Wild Souix is a local kennel specializing in British dogs. For Wildrose, do a quick Google on "Wildrose" and "Forbes" I believe the magazine was. Won't go into any more detail, lets keep this about dog pics!

Holy Hannah! 23,500 views on this thread! Think we love our dogs?!

Good Luck!

Ken

Just a little bit wink

Gr8icefishinmind:

Was wondering if your dog had any Wildrose or Wild Souix dogs in him/her. Yours has both. Wild Souix is a local kennel specializing in British dogs. For Wildrose, do a quick Google on "Wildrose" and "Forbes" I believe the magazine was. Won't go into any more detail, lets keep this about dog pics!

Did you mean wild slough?? I looked up wild souix and couldn't find anything!

The rage for British and show dogs kinda passed me by. Some updated shots of our plain old american field bred labs

Pretty good shape for 16 weeks after whelping

P6303311.jpg

Our 4th generation

P6303323.jpg

P6303366.jpg

No problems with water for Madison

P6303505.jpg

Here is Igor, at seven months at the end of a successful late season hunt.

MarkDanPhesant-1-1.jpg

Igor last week a little over 13 months.

Floyd007.jpg

The new puppy a vizsla named Floyd at about 9 weeks.

Floyd005.jpg

Floyd dosen't know he is about one tenth of the size of Igor

Floyd002.jpg

The new puppy a vizsla named Floyd at about 9 weeks.

Great name (Floyd is also our Great Dane smile )

that last picture would be blown up and hung on the wall of my office if those were my dogs. Talk about a moment that words could never describe!

kind of feel bad for the bear though!

Great pictures. I really enjoy all the action shots. No disrespect for all the bird dogs shown, but that bearhound shot really gets the pulse up. Kind of like the big league of dog work. It is sad that sport is not even allowed in MN.