• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

lets see your dogs

ranger20

Hi Grousehunter,

Drake is very handsome! We have a 5 year old female chessie and would like to have her bred. Is he available for stud?

Please call 218 556 8950. Thank you very much!

TRG and DAR

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ranger20

• caseymcq

• MuleShack

• 870Express

Hi Grousehunter,

Drake is very handsome! We have a 5 year old female chessie and would like to have her bred. Is he available for stud?

TRG and DAR

you are going to have to private message Grousehunter since the post he put up was last year, chances are he will not see your post otherwise.

Ruckus - 10 Year Old Black lab

n199101806_33571645_8319.jpg

Resting up from a days hunt in SD

10948_603208165832_199101806_34960111_17

Typical day in the off season. Leave the Versus channel on for him

3268_574948044342_199101806_33805949_238

Hey TRG - I am not really looking to stud Drake out at this time. I don't have any of the proper health clearnaces and I'm not really planning on getting them. Thanks for the interest though. He is a great pup and hunter, but I'm sure there are better stud dogs out there. You could check on the teamchespeake website and they have a stud dog section on that forum. Good luck with your search!

Blake

Hi Grousehunter,

TRG and DAR

I figured I would give this one a bump with a picture of my dude, Oscar, retrieving a stick in Lake Superior (Beaver Bay).

oscar2010beaverbay.jpg

Those are all awesome shots but I would have to say I really get a kick out of the one of your pup sleepig in the corn field.

Dezi is a great looking lab. Where did she(?) come from?

Those are all awesome shots but I would have to say I really get a kick out of the one of your pup sleeping in the corn field.

Dezi is a great looking lab. Where did she(?) come from?

Thanks! We got him almost 4 years ago from a guy in Winnipeg, Manitoba. My wife wanted an empty nest dog and started to talk about some breed that probably looked good on a lap but not really good for anything else. I have wanted a black lab for a long time so we decided to go that route. All I did was look in the Winnipeg newspaper under registered pets and saw an ad for registered 10 week old b-lab puppies. We checked them out that evening. The male and female parents were there and I really liked their "block head" look. 10 little black male puppies and 1 little yellow female puppy. He took $100 off if I took a male. We chose the one that was quiet when picked up AND also integrated well with others and was also playful.

When we walked into our house, I rolled a ball on the floor and he ran after it, picked it up and brought it back to me!

The guy told us his kennel name was Diamond Eye so for his registered name I chose Diamond Eye Prince of Darkness. After a few months and not receiving the registration certificate, I checked out his kennel registry with the Canadian Kennel Club. Diamond Eye didn't exist! Good thing we weren't breeding Dezi!

So we've got a pure bred, non-registered, neutered, micro-chipped black labrador receiver who is absolutely wonderful! My wife takes him to her school every couple of weeks where he kind of acts as a therapy dog. Kids read to him, excited kids calm down and excited/irate parents calm down too. Everybody loves him!

Plus he retrieves!

Here is a pic of the wanna be hunter.... She really likes to retrieve, but I dont think she's big enough or ever will be.

100_0022-1.jpg

And here is a pic of a friends lab on the plane back from SoDak after a long weekend.

100_4894.jpg

here is a pic. of my "rugged" pointer, Vienne. when the weather turns she demands extra pillows and blankets. full-27018-2550-img_0399.jpg

full-27018-2551-img_0481.jpg

Some pics of the new GSPs. They were retrieving already on this weekends hunt (birds we tossed into the weeds). 8wks old.

1029101134.jpg

100_5729.jpg

100_5725.jpg

Morgan is getting a bit older now, 1 year & 4 months.

Took him out duck hunting for the first time this weekend. Oh my gosh do we have some work to do. He has no patience at all. LOL! Putting the decoys out was probably the worst part, he wanted to go after them so bad. Unfortunately we didn't get many birds so we couldn't work on the retrieving. Funny thing is he wouldn't go to the bathroom in the boat either, but there was a floating cattail bog alongside the boat that he had to get onto to take a pee.

73479_10150287277325464_894525463_150767

That is one big darn dogLOL smile

There's a bit of perspective in that photo but he's a BIG boy!

Ever since I got him, its "Oh my Lord look at those paws."

That's something else to look at that big dude in the boat and then look at your avatar... crazygrin

And the boys that are 100 - 100+ those are some really big dudes...

But then there is Ralph's dog (a.k.a. Tiny laughgrinwink ).

Not your typical waterfowler, but dang good at what she does.

Retrieved over 60 birds in two days in the field including geese ... next three days pointing pheasants. The week before solid points on ruffed grouse & woodcock in the MN northwoods.

inthespread-1.jpg

In training ...

josie-1.jpg

Alive and well at 13, but self retired last fall ... photo from 2007 feels like yesterday.

roxywithphes-1.jpg

Here is my dog tucker. I don't have any action shots on my laptop, but she was once a very good pheasant hunter and is still a great pet. She is 10yrs old and unable to hunt in her old age. Maybe I will have to get a new pup soon, but tuck is still going strong and not in too much pain. I just feel bad running her hard when she has arthuritis in the hips. She is 1/2 chesepeak bay retreiver, 1/2 weimeriener(sp?).

DSCF0061.jpg

Brittman - that roan dog looks awesome. My britt has also become quite the "waterdog", cool to see the versatility in the breed.