• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

IS Cuddy worth 7.66 million??

Mudcutter

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SledNeck

• zamboni

• PierBridge

• fishin58

Delmon does have a good arm. I think what is missing is the accuracy of the throw.

Pull up some highlights, he looks pretty accurate to me

What the heck is Cuddyer swinging at? I know he had a hot streak for a while, but where is the consistency? Some of those pitches aren't even close to the strike zone that he's swinging at.

hmmmmmmmm, looks like Delmon is now batting .279 and cuddles is .277 hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

HEH, I was gonna wait till the season was over to start a stats comparison topic.

Originally Posted By: fishin58
hmmmmmmmm, looks like Delmon is now batting .279 and cuddles is .277 hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

HEH, I was gonna wait till the season was over to start a stats comparison topic.

Why wait!

Let's start with Delmons' MLB leading worst Strikeout to Walk ratio.

Delmon Young has walked 11 times the entire season "no that's not a misprint" and Struck out 90 TIMES.

Cuddyer who strikes a lot and is one of his weaker area's like a lot of power hitters do would have to strike out close to 400 times to be the equal of Delmon in this category for the year.LOL!

Fun stat: there are 11 major league PITCHERS who have a better ratio than Delmon...LOL.

Rather than waste time Cuddyer crushes Delmon in almost every category and Young has no category where he dominates Cuddyer at all.

On base percentage by 40 points, Slugging percentage by a whopping 100 pts, Home-runs, RBI's, Stolen base percentage, Feilding percentage, Player of week, Player of Month, web gems, extra base hits, walks.

Throw in the tangibles like Class, being a team player, Brain power "understanding the game", and like ablilty in the Clubhouse where Cuddy crushes Delmon 100 percent to ZERO before, during and after the latest tantrum/meltdown it makes for an BLOW-OUT but we all know that expect, Fish58 who has admitted some of this although reluctantly and Sled the CHIEF Cuddy basher who can't come to grips with his horrible evalution/assessment before during and after Cuddy CRUSHED him and with his 30 Dinger 90 RBI, Gold Glove "2 posistions" MVP type of season!... smile

And save the blah blah blah about how how Cuddy has played more than Delmon... if you have to ask why Cuddyer has played more than Young this year please leave the forum NOW...LOL.

Truthfully there isn't much of case to have had Delmon play over Go-Go but at least it's not totally re-donk-uless like this Cuddy vs Young comparison.

Truthfully it's a disgrace to even compare the two at all but hey it's a free country so have at it... smile

MVP type season?.. now thats delusional. Seriously.

Could someone with Cuddy's batting avg and less than 100 RBI (considering where he bats in the order) ever win MVP?

1965 was the last yer someone with a lower batting avg than Cuddy has now won MVP

explain how hes having an MVP type season again?

Not league MVP, team MVP "type". Mauer aside he is our Team MVP just for his cluch performance that kept us in the race and if you have to ask why ...never mind!

I'd rate him about equal to kubel as far as team value goes but both would still be behind mauer, morneau, and span.

Not league MVP, team MVP "type". Mauer aside he is our Team MVP just for his cluch performance that kept us in the race and if you have to ask why ...never mind!

Id rate Kubel, Morneau and Span over Cuddy for team MVP (Pos. player)

Ya Sledneck, but your holding a grudge for some odd reason against Cuddy, but to each his own opinion. Not saying he is # 1 but # 2 or 3 would fit nicely.

Kubel is a streaky player and has been that way for the years he has been around. He goes through little slumps, so does Cuddy however Cuddy has bigger hits and plays made throughout the year.

Span has gotten better as he plays, but is considered a basehit person vs power hitter which is great, but alot of fans think they need 9 power hitters to be sucessfull. Dead wrong. So I would consider them a tie for 3rd not 4th. Just my opinion.

Mauer is the obvious choice for team MVP. But if someone wanted to give the team MVP to Span, I couldn't argue with them. Where would this team be without him? One of the best leadoff hitters in the game. If he wasn't on the team, who would be leading off and what would that do to the team? Scary thought! Not to mention a guy that plays every outfield position and plays them all at a near gold glove calibur.

This guy is as valuable as any on the team, in my opinion. I find it funny that there were a lot of people ready to write this guy off as a one year wonder when he was struggling in spring training. If it wasn't for the month or so that he was struggling due to his dizzy spells, he'd probably be top 3 or 4 in the league in batting as well. As it is he's currently 8th.

Cuddyer's had a very good year. If it wasn't for Morneau going down and Cuddy having to fill in at first for the past 3 weeks, no way a case could be made for him over Span in terms of value to the team this year.

Aaron

AWH are you saying that only because Cuddy moved to first base his bat came alive. Along with more highlite or excellent defense. You get many more chances at first than right. Moving to first had nothing to do with it IMO

Either way the same players are on the same list. They are all key components for next year.

No, I'm saying his ability to play first base improves his value to the team. If he couldn't play first they'd be putting someone like Buscher or Harris over there. If they were forced to do that the past 3 weeks they would have been eliminated awhile ago. Cuddyer's flexibility to play multiple positions (much like Span) increases his value to the team.

I don't look at someone's bat in terms of the position they play in the field. (Or where they were playing when they got hot like Cuddyer late in the season) I look at the two as separate pieces that you bring to the team. So although Kubel's bat has been slightly better than Cuddyer this year, I rate Cuddyer as much more valuable to the team due to his defensive flexibility. He even filled in at CF for a couple games this year when Gomez and Span were both unavailable and did some late inning work at 2B as well.

I would agree that they're all key components to next year. Fill in some pieces in the infield, starting rotation and another couple good relievers and we'll be in good shape.

Aaron

Obvioulsy Cuddyer is the 2nd choice for team MVP behind Mauer.

We are elimanted from the postseason if it were not for Cuddy being MLB player of the Week and Month... kind of important don't ya think guys?

I was one of the guys rippin' on Cuddy this spring and I'll admit I was wrong. He has had a great year and has been the heart and soul of this team the last month.

Now how about Young and Punto - the naysayers gotta give them some love too - they have been huge. Go Twins!!!

FI

Gotta love Sled's reverse psychiatry on Cuddy (and Young and Punto are indeed helping)

Remember what I said before about a "team game"?????

Michael Cuddyer has certainly forced alot of crow to be eaten this year. It is funny how some still cannot understand that he is the type of player that EVERY MLB team would love to have. The fact that he took over for Morneau and has put up AMAZING numbers cements that fact. Cuddy is worth every penny in MLB standards...

No, I'm saying his ability to play first base improves his value to the team. If he couldn't play first they'd be putting someone like Buscher or Harris over there. If they were forced to do that the past 3 weeks they would have been eliminated awhile ago. Cuddyer's flexibility to play multiple positions (much like Span) increases his value to the team.

I don't look at someone's bat in terms of the position they play in the field. (Or where they were playing when they got hot like Cuddyer late in the season) I look at the two as separate pieces that you bring to the team. So although Kubel's bat has been slightly better than Cuddyer this year, I rate Cuddyer as much more valuable to the team due to his defensive flexibility. He even filled in at CF for a couple games this year when Gomez and Span were both unavailable and did some late inning work at 2B as well.

I would agree that they're all key components to next year. Fill in some pieces in the infield, starting rotation and another couple good relievers and we'll be in good shape.

Aaron

Wow someone that actually gets it!