• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Humminbird 565 Fish Finder Problems???

I purchased a Humminbird 565 Fish Finder in late August of last year and am now having problems. Last year the fish finder worked flawless, but for some unknown reason I am having problems with it this year and have not gotten it to work yet this year and am asking for your help to dissect the problem.

But anyway the problem that I'm having is when I hook the wires back up to the battery and try to power the unit up, it does not power up/turn on. I disconnected the unit, then stored it inside during the winter, so that shouldn't be a factor. My batteries are all new and am wondering if I'm missing a step or am I doing something wrong and that's why the unit is not powering up, or is the unit just flat out broke? Any advise or comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.

Is there a fuse in the cable going to the battery? If so try changing them it might be a fuse.

Thanks for the reply, but there is no fuse in the cable going to the battery. The unit got wired directly to the battery with no fuse.

ouch....you probably blew the unit. You need to buy an inline fuse. Depth finders don't come with one, but you need it.

Thanks for all the input. Last night I was able to dissect the problem. The power wire that connects from the battery to the back of the unit was bad. The wire was not providing any power to the unit, and that's why the unit was not powering up. But for future references, I will install a fuse between the battery and unit, so I don't blow the unit. Again, thanks for all the input.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Mike89
      there is one there
    • delcecchi
      TrueNorth, were there supposed to be videos on your post?
    • Hookmaster
      Dandy fish Brian. Has some shoulders!!   Awesome sunset pic, TrueNorth!!
    • TrueNorth
      We were on Crane Lake last week until this past Saturday.  The amount of water pouring in via the Vermilion River was staggering.     Video 1: Vermilion Falls Video 2: Vermilion Gorge  Pice 3: SunSet on Crane June 26th VermilionFalls.MOV VermilionGorge.MOV
    • Brianf.
      MarkB alluded to this in his earlier post, but 'the bite' seems to have experienced a big setback with all the recent rains and flooding. The mayfly hatch and a water temperature drop - 65 degrees this morning - probably didn't help either.  I got a few decent walleyes this weekend, though not many.  Only one 'over'.  The fish seemed to have made a huge move and largely vacated the shallows.  What little walleye success I had was in 15' to 20'.      The tough bite prompted me to switch species and I was fortunate to luck into two muskies (48" & 46").  Both fish ate at the boat right at dark.  The larger of the two ate the bait as it was dangling in the water at my rod tip while I leaned down to adjust the brightness on my graph.  Talk about a surprise!     Hoping things begin to normalize and the bite improves for all those coming up for the holiday weekend. 
    • smurfy
      yea its going to be interesting to see the changes when i get up there!!!!!
    • Kettle
      Highest I can recall seeing water. I know any lake that is river fed with a river downstream are intentionally holding water with their dams to prevent any additional run off into the Mississippi down state. Has made fishing interesting finding fish in new areas. Weeds are coming up and we've found walleye on inside weedlines in some very shallow and peculiar areas. Many docks underwater and see sections floating here and there
    • Hookmaster
      Bazinga Kettle!!
    • smurfy
      know a guy on Sand lake......he figures the water has come up 16-18 inches this spring. i wont be up again till july 8th........reckon i'm gonna need to pull the dock in some!!!!!
    • Kettle
      My boat is back in the shop due to ongoing issues. However my buddy took me out and we were hunting piggies 🐷 This one just barley eclipsed 29"

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.