• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FasterThanYou23

• FishSystem

• bigbad401

• kaine

Thanks for the tip ottersled,

Yeah, 2-3 pounds is about what I was thinking. I'm getting interested in trying a drum to the point that I may take some time to target them.

Last night's baked Lake trout is still fresh on my mind though. smile

was also out there....suuuuper slow. managed (3) 8" crappies. Lots of people and rain was hard at times. Access was super slick.

Went out Saturday night. Tried Cross for the first time ever and got a nice 11" crappie. Took us a while to find the access and was a little frustrated when asked where the access was, no one seem to know even though the lake was in their backyard..

Fished from 7-9pm and decided to hit up W. Rush.. No action.. Been like this for the last 3 weeks for me.. First Duck season, now this...

Sheephead recipe

Pick up some pancake mix that you have to add water. Mix batter with beer instead of water. Make pancakes and cover with a ton of butter and syrup. MMM Good! Oh yeah, take the sheephead filets and feed them to the cat and if he won't eat them, bury them deep in the garden!

Really slow tonite. Anybody else get a free ticket to the Drifting/Drag racing show down on the south end? Stinking idiots, If I wouldnt have forgoten my cell phone I would have called them in.

Went out tonight, very slow again. More doughnuts and pickup races on Little lake! Doesnt anyone fish on Rush or is it just a party? Im starting to remember why I don't fish on the weekend around here, much quieter during the week!

Smoked the JUMBO perch today,got way away from the crowds in about 20 feet.Lots of little walleyes in 17-20 feet in a few different areas, but nothing over 9 inches.

Smoked the JUMBO perch today,got way away from the crowds in about 20 feet.Lots of little walleyes in 17-20 feet in a few different areas, but nothing over 9 inches.
I have a little honey hole out there where i slammed the perch and caught a 16 1/2" walleye the week after it closed last year. I was bummed.Since then I have fished that lake 4 times this year and SO MANY PEOPLE! I was there the night it was so icy on the hilly landing road going up to the highway took 1 1/2 hrs to get out of there with all the people. I fish cross and pokeg. more now... limit out on cross with crappies. Lately been lookin for walleyes ...Drilling lots of holes!!

yesterday my buddy and his neice had good day out using my house said from 9am-3pm caught 40 crappies kept 2 limits. 33 feet of water 10 feet off the bottom

Popper,

Sounds like the spot I've been fishing. Heading out there tomorrow to see if their still there. It's been a couple of weeks.

A nice morning on a foggy Rush Lake. Two limits of crappies caught and released between 9 1/2 and 11 3/4 inches for one guy (me).

Okay I'll come clean, only one crappie was 11 3/4 inches - the other 10 biggest were between 10 1/2 and 10 3/4) I could have caught ten more if I wasn't so buisy measuring fish...just kiddin'. They were biting really light. I only would have caught four if it not for my spring bobber.

Went out west rush Last weekend Did see lot's of fish but not many were biting did get 14" eye And 9"-10" crappies small perch

Spent the afternoon out there yesterday in the community hole... 36 FOW, fish were about 10 feet up... Caught a few Crappies and then went shallow to try for some meatier ones.. No luck in 15 FOW but it was fun exploring something different

• 2 weeks later...

We were out there yesterday afternoon, and caught 2 small sunnies.

Highlight of the afternoon was a young guy that pulled out a 37.5 northern with a tip-up. Monster fish!!!

We only fish crappies, but once in a blue moon you might catch a surprise walleye or northern. That didn't happen this year. When we have, they are usually small. We did pretty well for open water walleye last summer though. I just assumed they started hibernating or going south for the winter.

The crappie bite was pretty finicky for me all winter so far.

Only a couple times I caught my limit (and, I had to fish hard for them) the size seems to be smaller too.

The wally's were the same, biggest one I caught out there this year was a 12 incher, and I can count the rest on one hand.

Reports I got from others, were about the same, very hit or miss.

I had a surprise 29" northern early in the season right off the bottom in 25fow while targeting crappies.As far as walleyes went all I caught were little 6-8 inchers all season.

I caught two 7" walleyes my first trip out in early December and then nothing but crappies and 'gills.

I'm not a big walleye fisherman, but caught some this year fishing for crappies....one nice 16" and several (10) small ones less than 7". In fact, caught 4 of those yesterday. I thought it might be a hot spot so specifically went after walleyes one evening but caught none after dark! The little ones must not be as smart as the bigger ones!!!

I'm thinking the spot I found, a hump surrounded by deep water, might be a good spot after opening. What do you guys think?

I recently moved to North Branch so it was my first time fishing out on rush. Caught about 20 or so that were under 6" during day light hours. My biggest i got in the shack was 21" and also caught an 18"er the same night. just before dark i had the best luck but usually only one if i was lucky. Cant wait to open water fish rush here its a great lake.

I was out on east tonight perch fishing and had a flurry of them right before dark and caught about 10 of them in a half hour or so then it was over. All of a sudden the perch just shut off and it was all walleyes. The majority of them must have been from a recent stocking because they were a pretty uniform 10 or 11 inches but i'd say one was about 14 and my buddy had one that might have been colse to 16. Then we moved over to crappie town for a little while after dark.

Was out on saturday,had to drill a lot of holes but ended up doing pretty well on perch in 8-15 fow.