• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Superior Fishing reports.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• photo

• 2thepointsetters

• walleyehunter80

I wish that I was as lucky as you guys over there to be able to go out on the big lake and go salmon, trout fishing. its something I have always had an intrest in but never make it there.

Some day soon the big ol trout and kings will be threatned by my presence.

Good luck all

Went out Tuesday morning out of Duluth and couldn't even fish until the sun started to warm things up!!!! Why, ICE the dang lake had skim ICE. We were getting temps from 33.4 to 34.1 and only had 1 hit. Come on warmer weather.

I wish that I was as lucky as you guys over there to be able to go out on the big lake and go salmon, trout fishing. its something I have always had an intrest in but never make it there.

True, it is awesome to be able to hit the big pond when she allows you to. However, I have fished many times in your part of the woods and let me tell you pal, Ottertail county is a wonderful place to be also. My twelve year old caught his first musky there, I caught my personal best musky there (52 inches) and the pan fish frys we have had with friends, wow! I haven't even brought up the monster deer stories, but let's save a little just for thought. If you ever get a weekend off in the summer and give me quite a good heads up I could get you out on the lake and let you see what she has to offer. BC

Went out Tuesday morning out of Duluth and couldn't even fish until the sun started to warm things up!!!! Why, ICE the dang lake had skim ICE. We were getting temps from 33.4 to 34.1 and only had 1 hit. Come on warmer weather.

maybe should have kept the ice house down. only good thing, was that I picked up two new rods at MG. Russ was great, he match the price of a different store, sight unseen. great service!

I also fished out of the superior entry ( I think? ) I went out of loons foot. Headed out and trolled east/northeast along the beach. Fished in 18-34 fow found water temps between 38.2-41.2 the further east we went the colder and shalower it got. Marked plenty of bait pods but no fish, I figured they were at the surface and flanking the boat.

We ran four board lines one dipsey and one six color down the schute. Pulled an asortment of Brads sticks and some Rapala X raps and we ran one flasher/fly and one spoon. Colors were pink/white and blue/white and a few orange or 57 chev for the sticks. Flasher/fly was a orange dodger blue/silver coho fly. Spoons were a flashback orange/gold and a flashback 57chev.

Not one bump! We washed our lures for about 2.5 - 3 hours between 1.8 and 2.8 mph GPS.

Josh

was out to day from 6am till noon with a buddy from duluth. went out under the lift bridge and fished to the right. the day started off bad was letting out of his rods and of course there was not much line on the real and it all went out but was not tied on to the spool so one rod done before fishing started. got the other ones set and trolled all morning not one fish not even a hit. but hey the weather or great and I was fishing.

w-hunter and side-laker don't feel too bad. Had the same day here. Where were all the fish? Might have to wait till temps go up a little.

Good question jax. I guess the good news is that you are not alone. We have been working deep, shallow, entries, million baits and very few fish. Of course we are going to try it again tomorrow.......

Anyone having any luck in the duluth area?

i went out a couple days ago and got some salmon. Everyone else i talked to at the landing didnt get a thing. was only out for 2 hours so id say it was half way descent.

was out today, till about6:30, only have one hit. marked very few fish, was like the dead sea. few other boats out but did not look like they were doing anything either.

Anyone hear about a 30lb laker caught off park point? A guy I am fishing with tomorrow spoke to a bait shop in cloquet and that was the story.

I know the guy who caught it...31 pounds, he's getting it mounted to keep his 26 pounder company:)

Fished the Superior entry. Nothing but boats. Tried the WI side. Lots of boats but no fish. Fished the MN side and came up with a 10lb laker on the bottom in 65 feet. Missed one release.

Anybody hook any fish today. Wow there was a lot of boats out for a Monday.

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one skunked Sunday morning, started at the Duluth entry, went up past the airport and back pulling sticks, nothing. :-(

sauna, 37 was mostly

Thanks on the water temp., looking at heading down that way this weekend and see what happens.

Water was 40-45 on the N and S shore. We fished shallow in the AM and picked up a coho and a 29" walleye. Headed to some deeper water and caught 6 lakers. Back to the dock at 2.

Green and chartrues spin and glow was the hot laker lure.

Water was 40-45 on the N and S shore. We fished shallow in the AM and picked up a coho and a 29" walleye. Headed to some deeper water and caught 6 lakers. Back to the dock at 2.

Green and chartrues spin and glow was the hot laker lure.

Tim join Photo and I then stole the show. Photobucket

photo-7.jpg

Sorry tried to post the pic in the previous post but screwed up........This was Tims catch, out with Photo and I on May 11.

I am going out with a buddy on saturday, he doesn't have downriggers or boards on his boat, what type of line would you suggest using i was thinking braid with a floro leader. Open to any suggestions including different baits

I was thinking braid with a floro leader.

Thats what many people use successfully. X-Raps or Husky Jerk Rapalas should procure a few fish for you.

Steve

Use an inline church board (big or small) to get your line out and away from the boat. This should up your chances, especially if you are in clearer water.

Long lines out the back will work for you also with 4-8 oz of lead. Braided works fine even without the leaders. Any spoons or Raps will do.