• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Superior Fishing reports.

2thepoint Im blaming you for this mornings performance. Well and myself for setting myself up.

Wouldnt ya know I go out to a few spots and its like a ghost town. North wind was about 5-10 to start and then increased to about 15. Tried my go to bait and wouldnt ya know Mr Muskie or Sturgion comes along and breaks it off 75' behind the boat. That was one BIG FISH.

Decided to look for warmer waters and headed south. Nothing, all about 54-56 degrees.

Headed back towads the entry looking for some darker/warmer water. Had a few take my boards back only to come off half way back to the boat. Cohos Im thinking.

Trolled around inside the entry for a bit looking for some more Coho candy and got 1 on a Silver/blue Chalanger.

Wind was building and I was out of hot coffee so I packed it up and was home in time for a siesta before lunch.

Well at least cleaning fish wasnt hard today.

So Chris Im blaming you for todays poor performance and the Lake Superior Hex ya put on me. grin

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• photo

• 2thepointsetters

• walleyehunter80

2point Im not going to blame you for any thing but I learned my lesson a while back and I dont post an over abundance of info since right now there is 129 members online and 603 guests

If I have info I call people or use the marine radio not the "world wide web" but thats just me

LAS

I was just screwing around with you guys cool

I know what you mean about not putting to much info on the board. Joel has taught me though, that what is working for one guy isn't going always going to work for you. There are so many variables that could change the whole spread. I use what works for me and generally will not switch my presenation based on other peoples reports unless I know they fish with presenations like mine. Good luck out there guys.

I will let out a little a secret of my own also: I am done fishing with sticks and spoons for this year.

Oh no say it aint so. I like a guy who likes steak in the boat.

Oh no say it aint so. I like a guy who likes steak in the boat.

That must be way over my head, because I have no idea what your talking about.

I am taking my mom and dad out fishing for my moms first trip on Superior tomorrow. It should be fun, but it is only catch and release when my mom is with or she will not go. I will be trying out my new hand made "secret weapon" tomorrow also wink.

Well the 90 horse is still being tempermental so we are out for Sunday. Good thing for you, Steve and Randy, I got a pair of those high tech. binoculars from some retired NASA dude at the swap meet this past spring. I can see what EVERYBODY is useing to troll with. No secrets are safe anymore grin Maybe next time, yeah there's always next time. Seriously, the 90 is running lean for some reason why we haven't figured out yet and making that long haul would not be smart. We are going to an inland lake in search of some eyes. Good luck to everyone, and be safe. She can get mean in a hurry. BC

Bummer Mark!!!! Im sure you will get it figured out soon ,,,We picked up a few pike and one 27 1/2 incher today,,, but got off the big water before it got too bumpy,,,Ill have to remember to give you a call and you wont need optics to see what Im trolling with

LAS

Slow AM for walleyes so I hit the Mn side for trout. Wound up with 6 all on flasher spoon combos. Greens and oranges best but got a few on lemonade and easter egg. Biggest was about 8# and most your typical 3#ers. Only the 5th time I put the riggers on the boat this year and it paid off.

I also used the Strike saver rigger releases and man Im sold on them bad boys. No more bringing the ball up every time and its kind of fun fighting the fish on a tight line right away.

These really shine as stackers wich I did off and on when switching out spoons on the other side.

This afternoon was SLOW.

2thepoint what I meant by steak was some meat. wink How did ya do today. I called ya on teh radio but ya didnt answer back.

NORTHLANDER, dont take this wrong but i was just wondering do you work or do you just fish and surf the web?

2thepoint what I meant by steak was some meat. wink How did ya do today. I called ya on teh radio but ya didnt answer back.

We didn't get down from the range until 3:00 p.m. and my mom decided she would rather just have a tour of the lake so we went from under the highbridge to Two Harbors and back. We put about 60 miles on just crusing around, there was a major temp break just north of McQuade and we saw the coho's on the surface feeding. (I have tried many times before to catch them when I have seen them on the surface and it has never worked) I did drop the depthraider in a couple of my normal spots for this time of year and the water is still 39 or colder everywhere I checked. Its going to be awhile before the fishing will be good for the bigger lakers. (I never did turn the marine on radio because it doesn't work very well with the normal radio on, I think I have them mounted to close together)

NORTHLANDER, dont take this wrong but i was just wondering do you work or do you just fish and surf the web?

LOL, I've always wondered that myself...along with his wife must have a great job, and is very forgiving of his fishin fetish :-)

Work? Whats that? Some would say I have never worked a day in my life.

Yes I work but as little as possible. I only work to pay the bills and have money to fish. Just ask my wife. wink

Dont ask my boss. whistle

"Work has been the end to many a good fisherman."

Went out today with a old Jr High and High School friend and team mate. The Famous Triplelindy man. After a major mess of lines we finally got to fishing. We had a slow am. Only 2 trout. Both on dodger fly combo with steak.(smelt)

Paul is one of only 3 guys I know who have caught a trout 35# or bigger in this part of the Gitch and has forgot more about Laker fishing than I will probably ever know. Plus I had some serious Reel envy when all his 16 reels on the boat were $160 Shimanos. shocked

Thanks Paul for a great morning and I hope your nap and afternoon trip produced for ya. Anytime you need someone to tangle some lines with ya give me a call. wink

Thanks Steve! we will definetly do it again sometime soon(Sat?) As far as my Laker knowledge.... well thats up for debate..most of what I know I was taught! I'll call you about this weekend. oh by the way.. my nap was FANTASTIC! Thanks again.

Paul Im fishing the Hawg Walleye Tourney this weekend or I would jump on board.

Ya we all learned from someone. As long as we keep learning we will only get better right?

No matter what it was a blast.

Send me your e-mail Ill send ya a site with some cool spoons and awesome colors.

Tried the Gitch this morning...only found one small laker in about 90 fow off a dipsey/spoon combo. Wind was blowing pretty good.

You did better than we did. We pulled the pin about noon with a big goose egg.

So who's going to be out there tomorrow? Frank and I finally got the 90 dialed in only to over heat it by sucking up some weeds. We caught it right away, although there was a little white smoke. The thing is rebuilt and only has a few summers on it. Frank ensures me we caught it in time and we also got water into the engine shortly after we cleared the weeds to cool her down. Ran fine after that. So, winds prevailing, we are taking the boys out early in the morning and putting her to the test. N/W 13 mph. is what I am hearing. Anyone else? BC

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Yeah, got the 90 running like a champ. So right on time there is Mark in the driveway at 3:45 AM this morning.

Instead of heading down the road we get to work on his truck. smile Oh well, stuff happens for a reason, it wasn't meant to be.

This "wasn't meant to be" garbage is getting old Frank. Wow. Seems like every time for like the past two years we try to get out on lake Superior something goes wrong. mad I'm thinking on ripping out the alternator and having it tested. Sheesh. BC

Frank, you and BC didn't miss much. I was out a 7am today from McQuade. Trolled the pump, then up to Stoney point. Not a single hit. Gave up at 11:30.

Wow, that's too bad Wade. How were the waves? It sure turned out to be a nice day. So, I ripped the alternator out and it failed twice on the bench test. New alternator is installed and I am happy to report that it is now charging properly. At least I got my truck back. Hopefully soon Frank and I will get out there. Yeah right. With our latest luck we'll be trolling the line and a Tsunami will make a one time historical debut. Enjoy the day all. I'm going to split some more wood. BC

Remind me not to join you 2 when you finally do hit the big lake. Sounds like a accident waiting to happen. wink

Nothing worse than when things are breaking. I replaced 2 tail lights, 3 rollers and I have to do 1 marker light all on my trailer. When it rains it poors.

First decent trip on Superior in a long time. Went 6 for 6 on lakers with biggest being around 16lbs (released along with most of the others). My depth raider is being repaired so I was hunting the water column blind until I found a pattern. It helps to have 5 people on board running 10 rods smile. I hope the good fishing is finally starting. Green was the color of the day and speed was 1.8 to 3 mph on the surface. Surface temps were anywhere from 54 to 59 degrees.

I was out at the same time as you, only we didnt get to McQuade until 8:45 and pulled the pin at 11:30 also.

Had 4 in the boat, a neighbor and his 6 year old and me and mine. Ran 6 lines from McQuade north to Stoney Point, and not only not a single hit, but only marked 1 fish the entire time. Ran board lines, flasher/fly/meat, spoons off riggers, spoons behind dipseys, spoons off #1/2 and #1 ball rigs. The boys got bored pretty quick so home we went.

And just to add to the "project list", when i checked my trailer lights when I got home, my running lights were completely out on the trailer. Turn signals OK, brake lights OK, but no running lights when I turn the truck lights on. So that will be tonights project.

I'll be sticking over on the cheesy side or at least near the line til things pick up on the NS. Temps I had were around 53.5 in that area.

Was out on the Gitch the last couple of days. Went 10/11 yesterday from 7-9am and had the day off today but slept in. Went 5/8 from 1-5pm. Key was to find the warmer water. All fish were caught on spoons today.

Good to see some are having some lady luck. Just wondering if any one has heard any reports from 2 harbors up?

We have been hitting the cheesey side in 95-117' of water and running meat/flies and flasher from bottom to 75' down and then filling lines however ya like. Havent had any fish on top so boards havent been pulled that far out. Spin N Glows seem to be starting to pick up a few. Thanks for the tip Paul!

This morning was bumpy quick and was done by 9am. Hopefully the wind dies and I can get out this afternoon.

Greens and oranges continue to be the best for me.