• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Took a little trip to the hardware store this morning -

South Turtle - Cracking and drifting, 30 percent open

North Turtle - East Arm is open to where it joins the main body

Bass/Elbow - open along the shorelines, but not cracking yet

Silver - Still pretty tight yet, no cracking

West Battle - Same as Silver

Gotta go on the road for a few days, so I will watch here for updates.

A good chunk of the south shore of WB took a hit in yesterday's cold winds. It was solid ice on Sunday and yesterday it opened up a ways from shore.

It won't be too much longer? Hopefully by the weekend the big lakes will be free.

South Turtle should clear today. There was about 30 percent left last night, water temps were 44-46 degrees.

Ice Out Status

http://climate.umn.edu/doc/ice_out/ice_out_status_09.htm

Check out the satellite imagery, currently there is a really cool shot of Mille Lacs, be sure to zoom in to 250.

http://ge.ssec.wisc.edu/modis-today/

Click on Minnesota and then zoom. Use your scroll bars to move around. OT looks close...

I called my neighbor at East Battle and he said that the ice is out about 100 yards from shore, but should be gone hopefully this weekend. I would head up this weekend if it would rain all weekend long frown Better than snow though smile

That's not true. I just spoke with a guy who lives on Rush and the ice is not off. By the outlet it is but the lake is still full of ice.

The place were I work is right on the lake and there is no ice at all on the lake.

my parents have a cabin on ottertail. i live down here in south st. paul. we have water temps around 50. crappies been pounding. i can't wait for ottertail to warm up. i will be up doing some turkey hunting in a few weeks. maybe the walleyes will have moved in?!?!

Little Pine is open-

Thanks for the update. I'll be going up soon to get the dock in and finish cutting up a couple of trees.

Our dock is in on little pine.

If I recall correctly, my mom's place is 2 down from you. We're just on the other side of Pauly's. I'm hoping to get up there next Sunday to put the dock in etc.

My neighbor told me that O.T. went off last Thursday. My dock is going in tomorrow if the rain stops. The water level is the highest I can remember seeing.

Originally Posted By: wplatehunter
Our dock is in on little pine.

If I recall correctly, my mom's place is 2 down from you. We're just on the other side of Pauly's. I'm hoping to get up there next Sunday to put the dock in etc.

I'm not sure who Pauly is. Our place is off the first left down by the dead end. You must be down by the farm.

I must have been thinking of someone else on here. The place I thought was between the 2 burned down a few years back and just the garage is left right now.