• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

where is everybody going for opener

wheelerboy920

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TonkaBass

• Patti

• Bottle Fish

• JimBuck

My two daughters' dance recitals..... Vermilion the following weekend.

To my brother's college graduation. Come on UM, what the deal with that?

what is up with that... I think that's whhy they make Halmark cards! smile

I have to stick around Opening weekend for a family thing Monday, but I'll be hitting Minnetonka. The next weekend is prom, but the annual Opener trip up north is a little more important so I'm headed up to Kabetogama for a long weekend.

I'll be on Lake Washington by Dassel.

Bottle Fish - you'll have to keep us posted on how you do. Its about time me, my boat and Lake Washington have a reunion after 35+ years.

Its the lake my grandpa used to take us to when we'd visit from California every other summer - and the same boat just became mine last spring!

Thankfully our school planned prom the week before fishing opener. If they had planned it on opener my gf would not be very happy at all wink.

as for me I will be doing the annual trip up to my uncles cabin on the southern end of mille lacs and trolling rigs on sloppys.

Going to give Big Sandy a try this year. Anyone else heading up there?

A 200 acre lake "up nort', on an old pontoon, with my Grandsons and my nephew, and son in law. Catching crappies and slimers and maybe a few walleye in morning, and shooting cans with Red Ryders in the afternoon, and back to the lake for more action after the shooting contest smile

Then it is a "big boy" trip with my bro, my stepson, and bunch of buds the next weekend, our West Central MN on praire lakes, in big boy boats, ha!

Box

you can reach me at weyandt one two three four - use the numbers not the words @ yahoo and you know the rest.

Tom

Going to give Big Sandy a try this year. Anyone else heading up there?

I will be fishing Minewawa on Saturday but if it's slow, We will be heading over to Big Sandy. I have fished Big Sandy the last 3 openers, but my buddy just got some land on Minnewawa so thats where I'll be.

Somewhere in the Brainerd area maybe join the masses on Gull or Whitefish. See what the weather tells us at that time.

mp82, Have fished wawa many times. Great panny lake with decent walleye action. Always of done my best in or around main lake reeds.

For what it is worth...

I wont be fishing. I call it "Amature weekend" and opt out. I used to go to Rush, Blue, or "Lower"Big Pine. But now I stay away from the crouds at the landings and go do something else.

i guess i'll have to bring the auger for opener.lakes up here will still have ice on them just like last yr.

I'll be trying either Villard,Amelia,Levin or Long Bridge depending on water temp reports---GOOD LUCK all:)

For what it is worth...

I wont be fishing. I call it "Amature weekend" and opt out. I used to go to Rush, Blue, or "Lower"Big Pine. But now I stay away from the crouds at the landings and go do something else.

What?!?!

I'll be on Lake Washington by Dassel.

Wow I caught my first fish off my grandparents cabin dock on Stella. Have not been back to the area in 25-30 years. There was a place in Darwin called Jacks I remeber the great hamburgers. Does Stella still conect to Washington? Enjoy your opener.

I will be on Vermillion chasing Bass.

Good Fishing!!

I can't believe you didn't mention the Twine Ball. Of course it might not have been there 25-30 years ago.

Like WaveWacker said they are connected. And I'm sorry to inform you that Jacks is gone, and yes they did have great burgers.

When your folks live on the lake you never have to worry about the landing's, the boat is in from ice off till almost ice on. Plus the added benefit of if it gets cold or simply boring for my kid you can simply drop him off at the house with grandma.

mp82, Have fished wawa many times. Great panny lake with decent walleye action. Always of done my best in or around main lake reeds.

Thanks DL, I hope we do alright. It is our first time fishing this body of water so I'm not expecting the action to be that great. From what I've been hearing from everyone the walts hang out in a lot of "non-traditional" spots on wawa. It's a big lake I hope we find a couple spots early in the day saturday, so were not just spot jumping all day.

Originally Posted By: Neighbor_guy
For what it is worth...

What?!?!

My thoughts exactly. It's pretty much a sin in my book to miss it haha. I can't imagine sitting around knowing I could be out on the water.