• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

The Official Packers Off-season Thread!!

Rick

packers need to get a practice team guy to run the read option.

Capers needs to get with the program or the packers will be one and done again.

My prediction is 49ers and Broncos in Super Bowl with 49ers winning.

I predict kaepernick goes down with a season ending injury....

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CJH

• SkunkedAgain

• Scott K

• LABS4ME

Top Posters In This Topic

Capers isn't the main culprit in the SF playoff loss. One could argue that he had one great season in 2010 with several mediocre ones at best, yet the defense was badly outplayed by the SF offense. Capers started the game with a gap exchange defense, which is generally considered a solid choice against a zone read offense. When things weren't working he moved back to the Packers straight-up defense which did equally bad. He then went back to the gap exchange. He didn't really move away from the man coverage, but when Raji, Wilson, Walden, and others are getting consistently obliterated by the O-line, it doesn't matter what scheme you employ. Burnett and others were routinely out of position in relation to the OLBs to assure containment... There were so many mental mistakes and occurrences of our defense getting manhandled, that it's not fair to even put 50% of the blame on Capers.

They certainly need to practice against the read option more in practice. Hopefully a guy like Datone Jones can add the spark that the D-Line needs to play with passion. They just can't get beat by the guy across the line.

full-17556-35362-eddielacey.png

What position did the Packers draft Eddie Lacy for again? He looks more like a guard then a RB

wink

No team bashing, just something the media is swirling around, and rightfully so. Just the angle of the camera, ya whatever.

Do these spandex make my belly and butt look big? No your big butt, and big belly make them look big smile

Good... switch him to fullback and get rid of Kuhn... He is hardly a fullback.

Lecy for power running/blocking and Franklin for speed and recieving hands for passes out of the backfield.

I could live with that combo...

Good Luck!

Ken

Kuhn isn't a fullback he is an h-back and is a pretty good receiver out of the backfield too which is nice to have when you have a guy under center who can take a tick off a dogs silly-me at 50 yards

"Overall

Kuhn is a versatile athlete who perfectly fits the Packers offensive scheme. He may not be as popular in other offenses, but Kuhn’s abilities and style of play are ideal in Green Bay."

Found this doing a search for the top NFL fullbacks. Green Bay list him at 6'-0"- 250 lbs. Right in line with NFL fullbacks.

Yep... Few guys can give you that consistant half a yard like Kuhn can on 4th and two...

Good luck!

Ken

Yep... Few guys can give you that consistant half a yard like Kuhn can on 4th and two...
That sounds funny, but the truth is the Packers always pass on 4th down half the time Rodgers gets sacked

I'm willing to bet that on 4th and 2 the packers are more likely to punt or kick a field gaol than to give Kuhn the ball.

Kuhn got his lunch handed to him several times on 4th and one or two.. The packers are determined to think he is a power back... He has shown otherwise...

And before Kuhn the pack had Corey hall a line backer from Boise state back there. Kuhn is an h back that is the skill set he brings to the pack he was used as a short yardage back because they had [PoorWordUsage] in the backfield. I would rather the ball be handed to a half back than to the full back on short yardage cause then you have no one cutting line backers down. Green Bay was their own monster for not going after backfield talent they righted that wrong in this draft.

Granted it was an intersquad scrimmage... but, this is what I was hoping the role he could fill.

from the Milwaukee Sentinel Journal this Morning:

Quote:
The hullabaloo over Eddie Lacy's weight will be quieted after his performance in the Green Bay Packers' scrimmage Saturday night.

The rookie running back impressed at Lambeau Field in his first professional live contact display, according to Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

"He (Lacy) went in there and proved he could run the ball effective," running back Alex Green said. "Even when he was a little bit winded he still ran hard and finished runs. Picked up the blitzes when he had to. I thought he did great."

Lacy had eight carries for 65 yards, including gashes of 7, 8, 16 and 19 yards.

Lacy followed starter James Starks in the running back rotation. Fellow rookie Johnathan Franklin came in third, Green fourth and rookie Angelo Pease rounded out the competition.

Lacy's power was on display during the scrimmage, and he looks primed for a lot of short-yardage and goal-line touches in his rookie season. Reports that he is improving in his pass protection (something all rookies struggle with out of the gate) also will help him see the field earlier and more often.

Now we just gotta get the "starter" tag removed from Starks!

Good Luck!

Ken

Reported this morning by both Foxsports and ESPN... gotta be waaaaay better than Graham Harrell for back-up

Quote:
Vince Young’s NFL career might not be over.

Young, who last played for the Eagles in 2011, was selected third overall in the 2006 draft by the Tennessee Titans. He was named Offensive Rookie of the Year but fell out of favor with the club and eventually left for Philadelphia, where he played for one season.

The Packers’ backup QB job is still up in the air. Graham Harrell and B.J. Coleman have split reps in training camp, giving Young some hope to potentially back up Aaron Rodgers

Good Luck!

Ken

I think Lacey will be a good 3rd down/ goal line back, he has some size to him, and is hard to take down. I dont think he is going to be a long yardage back though, because of his lack of speed, but I am sure he will have several 10 yard gains this season. Although slow, hard to take down backs, have a tendency to not have long careers in the NFL, seems the linebackers tend to give them a good beating to their knees.

Bad news - Bulaga torn ACL, done for the season. He's arguably their best OL, and for sure is their best OT. The OL is mediocre, especially after the Bulaga injury. It will be interesting to see if they move Newhouse back, or give Barclay or Bakhtiari a shot.

Lacy will be the power back the Pack has needed on short yardage, when they have the lead in the 4th quarter, and in Dec + Jan when the weather gets cold. Franklin looks good as a speed back, who isn't afraid to run between the tackles, dangerous when he gets in space.

On D, Datone Jones looks like a definite upgrade over anybody else they have had at R DE. CB Hyde will be a good slot corner, has similar ball skills that Hayward has. Perry looks more comfortable at OLB, he's strong and fast, just hope he can stay healthy.

Bumped to change the thread title back to "Packers" instead of "Vikings" off-season thread.

yeah... that's just what the Packer's need... more injuries to key starters! Seems to be a re-curring nightmare they can't wake from!

Good Luck!

Ken

Other than Rodgers, probably the most important person/job on the team. This is certainly a major blow for the Packers.

they signed Vince Young today interesting but who do we have for backups.....at worest he can help with the read option during drills

Kinda funny right there...LT goes down for the year so they sign another QB.

Maybe Rodgers can get sacked 70+ times this year...

Maybe Rodgers can get sacked 70+ times this year...

...and go 11-5 again with 4000+ yards and 40+ TD's passing.