• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Let's see your boat

Chris Haley

Im really happy with it, Now I just need to figure out all the electronics. lol

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bassNspear

• leech~~

• Burnham

• Wish-I-Were-Fishn

Well here is a couple, not very good pics, but should get the idea.

From the back:

BoatRear.jpg

Side shot:

BoatSide.jpg

And packing up that evening:

Packingup.jpg

We didn't catch anything but then again I didn't pick up any live bait as I knew we would only have about 3 hours on the water...

heres my even smaller boat...got it from my grandpa almost 2 years ago but didnt use it till the other day!!i know its not licenced, i just wanted to be sure it floated and such before i forked out the $40. and trust me its going to be used this summer.

100_5482.jpg

me

100_5431.jpg

my lil bro

100_5443.jpg

again, lil bro

100_5440.jpg

heres my even smaller boat...got it from my grandpa almost 2 years ago but didnt use it till the other day!!i know its not licenced, i just wanted to be sure it floated and such before i forked out the $40. and trust me its going to be used this summer.

me

100_5431.jpg

my lil bro

100_5443.jpg

again, lil bro

Maybe it's just me but I think the lifejackets are a GREAT Idea!!!!

I like the Z stripe on the side...I mean the lightening bolt.

GBPackerNut, that Alumacraft is probably one of the coolest boats I've seen on here. Thats my style of boat all the way. Nice!

lol my dad was like you better wear your life jackets, and for once i actually would have for sure worn them even without him saying haha...(i dont always wear it in my 14 ft v hull, usually take it off when im fishing because i cant stand it)but yea i wont take it off in the jon boat lol

It's nothing fancy but its mine!!

Actually, its a family heirloom...first boat I ever fished out of as

a little girl. 14ft '60 Crestliner and a '63 Johnson 18hp.

Both in great condition.

166-1.jpg

168-1.jpg

hey patti, i think its the img code on photobucket that you have to use...hope you get the pic up grin

GBPackerNut, that Alumacraft is probably one of the coolest boats I've seen on here. Thats my style of boat all the way. Nice!

Thanks man! Nice to see some love for regular boats on here, I used to visit another forum a while back, and it seemed like everyone over there was running 65K Rangers and other boats of that caliber. Dont get me wrong, it would be great to have a huge 20' Warrior or Ranger with a 250 on the back. But heck I wouldnt know where to park it, and then I would have to worry about filling the gas tanks! smile

Gotta love some of these older classic boats, reminds me of fishin with dad 20+ years ago.

Here is a couple better pictures of my rig...

Left Side:

BoatSideLeft.jpg

Inside from the front:

BoatInsideFront.jpg

Inside from the rear:

BoatInsideRear.jpg

Nice looking Pro-V Tiller. How do you like the transom Minnkota?

The Vantage is awesome! One of the best investments I have made.

GBPackerNut,

Your boat is sweet! That is exactly what I have in mind for my first boat. Does Alumacraft still make the Yukon? I see the Lunker on their website which looks pretty similar. Did you buy yours new or used?

Vikingmeatwad,

Is that a 1993 Alumacraft Competitor? Looks just like my mother-in-law's boat!

Yukon was discontinued, bought it used about a month ago.

It would be very similar to a classic 165 or lunker 165, optioned with the vinyl flooring.

The Lunker is a little bit lighter, and has the small livewell like mine. The classic has a bigger livewell.

By biggest complaint is the rod storage, I can only fit 6'6" rods, I need to figure out a solution for 7 and 8 foot rods...

GBPackerNut,

I like the boat--love the vinyl floor. That's a great rig!

Here is a picture of my 97 Lund Angler SS. Wife and I bought the boat right off the Fishing MN for sale forum two years ago. Boat has provided us both with many memories......and a few fish too!:)

first038.jpg

GB, that is a solid fishing boat!!!! And Doug, you can't go wrong with a Lund wink !!!

hey patti, im glad you got the boat up here to show everyone what it looks like. even better shape in person

Thanks Jason. It even started on the 2nd pull on opening day!! grin (pretty good for a motor born the same year I was)

I think I'm going to at least try to do something with the wooden bench seats this year. Probably leave them as is, cracks and all but throw a couple of new coats of varnish on them.

If anyone else wants to see it in person, let me know - I'm always looking for fishing buddies who can introduce me to different lakes (dad just likes to stick with Fish and Spring down in Prior Lake)

Patti

Here's a couple pictures of my first boat: 2000 Crestliner Fishhawk 1750 w/90 hp Merc 2 stroke. Purchased May of 2007.

Truck and Boat:

3549671593_18602c29ca.jpg

Proud of the new Boat:

3549668643_b0fe69cffb.jpg

Me fighting a 52" sturgeon at the Sturgeon Excursion 2008 (My dad standing ready with the net):

3549661773_f7254bfbee.jpg

My dad landing a nice sturgeon (Extreme net man not included):

3549661861_66f8b0144f.jpg

This has been without a doubt one of the best purchases of my life. I have spent countless relaxing hours on the water over the past 2 summers with friends, family, and my wife and dog.

Vikingmeatwad,

Is that a 1993 Alumacraft Competitor? Looks just like my mother-in-law's boat!

Yep, '93 Classic Deluxe. Not sure if its the same as the Competitor but I like the boat until I upgrade this or next year. Gotta keep saving :-)

Nice Fishhawk. I fish out of a 16 footer with same colors quite often. Like it a lot!