• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

BoxMN

I wasn't thinking about people or using it "bad", but if I can't use a bb gun in the city on squirrels, but I can use paintball gun and not get in trouble, I might just smack a few squirrels (not to kill them, but to give them a fright to stay out of my stuff)... or just to thwack a few targets out back while wasting time.

I just thought it would be same as firing bb gun at empty cans... maybe not though. I do know a retired WBL cop, maybe I should give him a shout... though it really doesn't matter muc to me, as I prolly would not dump the bucks just to tag a stupid squirrel wink

Roscoe010

Can anyone recommend a place nearby the Metro Area where a person can take their air rifle to sight in the scope since you cannot shoot them in city limits.  Plus, probably not smart to just pull up to a random field to sight in, either.  Thanks!!

joshismycaptain

New here, first post!

I recently moved from a small town out to a rural area.  There's a lot of striped gophers out here!  Naturally, I went right out and bought a .22 break barrel pellet gun, .17 pump and BB CO2 pistol.  Now, I'm shooting like 45-75 yards, so I'm around 1/100 on hit/shot ratio.  That's ok though.  I don't want to kill them all, or my sport would be over!  Anyway,,, I'm very interested in airguns, and already have my sights on a break barrel .30 rifle!  I do hunt deer less seriously, but plan to continue using my 20 gauge for that.  My wondering (and I haven't officially looked up the regs), is whether I can go off my land and legally take small game?  I would of course have a small game license should I do it.  I just want to be sure it is legal.  Don't worry, my .22 is certainly able to kill small game, and the .30 would, I assume...  I have no real interest in PCP, despite the larger calibers sounding pretty sweet!  I'd LOVE to start a little airgun only club (in Chisago County) and do little gatherings, moreso for camaraderie.  If anyone is interested, let me know.  Looking forward to a fun airgun future, and maaaybe taking a rabbit?

Cheers,

Josh

Edited by joshismycaptain
  • Thumbs Up 1

joshismycaptain

Whell, I assume this thread is probably dead.  I bought my small game license tonight and am taking my .22 out in the woods by our cabin tomorrow.  Hoping to find some squirrels and maybe a rabbit if I'm lucky.  Not even sure quite what yardage I'm sighted for, but we'll see what happens!

Josh

• Thumbs Up 3

Mike89

good luck to ya!!

leech~~
48 minutes ago, joshismycaptain said:

Whell, I assume this thread is probably dead.  I bought my small game license tonight and am taking my .22 out in the woods by our cabin tomorrow.  Hoping to find some squirrels and maybe a rabbit if I'm lucky.  Not even sure quite what yardage I'm sighted for, but we'll see what happens!

Josh

Nothing like living up a thread then posting some pictures how you did.  Good luck.  🙂

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• smurfy
      BINGO!! There isn't a time out that I don't laugh my arse off watching the way some of them pike act. That's the most fun of spearing.  
    • smurfy
      Usually by grabbing a stick, piece of brush, downed branches from shore.
    • monstermoose78
      Release is not chucking the spear!
    • gimruis
      Absolutely.  But angling with hook and line has the option for catch and release.  Spearing does not have that option.
    • gimruis
      If you don't mind me asking, how are old spear holes supposed to be marked?  I'm not familiar with this issue.
    • smurfy
      well I just drove past pokey like about 11;30 today on 169...……...and not to many are out and about just yet.😀 talked to a few locals..still pretty tough getting around on some of the lakes!!!!
    • smurfy
      I use mine on and off fishing. I have a sun shield for mine in the summer. it works ok at best. but I do use it to watch fish and check structure. I just used it the last 3 weekends tipup fishing. its both fun and frustrating. to watch a pike grab the sucker, mess with it then let it go, and watch there behavior is crazy fun. and frustrating. I bought a tripod for mine and you can zero in on your bait, but it does take a bit of playing to get it set right. I lost the little rubber stopper so I use a couple winter depth finders. the only downfall is the deeper you need to set it, the more risk you have of a fish tangling up in it!!!!  
    • Tom Sawyer
      "Tis the season"     Thee best time of the ice season is here. Get off the couch and enjoy it!
    • Tom Sawyer
      Very common to find large openings in ice after several 40 degree days, and especially with rain. 8" angling holes can easily double in size overnight after a good rain.  It's pretty hard to "mark" holes at that point in the season. Best time to be out there, in my opinion. But, by all means,  if your not comfortable with it Stay Home. For those that want to experience the best bite of the season, just watch your step, and be careful you don't loose that Vexilar down an oversize hole 😆 or get pulled in by a big fish 😢 😢 😢     Won't be long, for me to get the planks and waders ready 😀  
    • smurfy
      that can happen. years back I speared the lake the cabin was on the very last weekend. I push the ice chunk back in the hole and mark it. later on in march I took my grandson up to fish panfish. that ice chunk was completely melted and a wide open hole. we fished and caught sunfish out of that hole. the spear holes e cut that weekend, if I remember right there were 3...……..were all open...…..and we where still driving wheelers on the ice.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.