• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What's Up With Baker?

DonBo

He was named the opening day starter and has done nothing since. If it were up to perfomance during spring training he wouldn't even make the final cut.

Is it too early to start worrying about our "Ace"?

I would say absolutley no. Pitchers stats dont mean jack in spring training. There are games where guys will just throw fast balls the whole time just to work on location. I was just watching an interview with Mike Redman and he was talking about how alot of times he doesnt call any breaking pitches for an entire inning.

As far as our ace goes, I like Baker a ton, but our ace will be Liriano.

He'll have at least three more spring starts before the opener plus he's not throwing his best stuff yet.

I wouldn't sweat it at this point. I remember how Santana always was average at the beginning of the season and really got it going the last 3/4 of the season.

Never worry about established pitchers who have secure spots during spring training. They are often trying new pitches, messing with alternate motions and locating pitches differently, etc.

Baker will be ready for the opening day bell.