• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deitz Dittrich

• JBMasterAngler

• LwnmwnMan2

• NCLaker

I ahve not had any luck out there for walleyes yet but have been catching a bunch of medium to small crappies 7 to 10 inches. I will let you know if I start having any better luck. I am going to be moving my ice house this weekend to try and find a better spot.

was out last night got one small walleye and about a dozen 7-9" crappies, it was a little windy and cold out there yesterday!

I have not fished South Center in a few years. We used to drive on lake right off highway 8 and drive out towards the main point. I am thinking about going out tomorrow morning before light. Are people driving out of that access? Thanks for any info I really appreciate it. joe

Joe, you can drive onto the lake there or out the main point that you mentioned (sunset point). I'll be out there tomorrow afternoon. If you get a chance, post how you did. I haven't done an early morning trip in years. Good luck.

still not much luck. Saw a couple walleyes on the camera but they did not want to bite. Caught a handfull of of crappies 7 to 9"

Was out this afternoon for a couple of hours, had more sunnies and small crappies than I could catch! had a BIG northern on the camera, along with something that i've never seen before, a school of 100+ 7-9" shiners hanging around. All in all a fun day on the ice.

was out for a little while this evening watched one walleye hit my shiner and let go but that was it for the night.

Was out this afternoon for a couple of hours, had more sunnies and small crappies than I could catch! had a BIG northern on the camera, along with something that i've never seen before, a school of 100+ 7-9" shiners hanging around. All in all a fun day on the ice.

My guess is they were Golden Shiners.. The lake is FULL of them.

They were, I caught one on another area lake last year. I guess I don't fish that lake very often so it suprised me a little.

How reversible is access for South Center at the My Burger Joint? I know it's quite steep. Can a sedan get down/up it.

If you cant make it up there, you should be able to go up the point on the other side and go back out Glader.

Is the point at Glader open to the public, I'm looking on google and it looks like it's just someone's house?

Thanks

The access from Sunset Point (Glader) is very nice. If I were in a car this is the access I would be using. Like you said, the access off of 8 is very steep. You will also notice a well traveled road between the two accesses.

Good luck fishing!

Is the point at Glader open to the public, I'm looking on google and it looks like it's just someone's house?

Thanks

To be honest, I am not sure if its private or not. For as long as I have lived here, its been a winter access that has never been posted to my knowledge, or charged to get on.

thanks guys

i'll have to give glader landing a try

it sucks not having a pick up this time of the year.

The glader access is not private, you can drive in/out without anyone giving you problems. I know the people who live on the end of the point very well and as long as you stay on the road you'll be fine smile

• 1 month later...