• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports

I'm heading out to Minnie Belle for the weekend. I spent a lot of time on the lake as a kid, but never fished it. I'm going back with my boat this weekend and would like to hook into some eyes or northerns. Are there any to be had on there? If so, where?

Welcome jmg.

I was going to hit Collinwood this am but hit another instead. Typically she can get very green.

I have not fished this lake for 2 years but I use to catch some nice eyes and other fish there.

I will be fishing it soon for sure.

The water isn't too bad this year in comparison to prior summers. Lack of rain and row crop runoff I would assume to be the reason for the better conditions. Kinda nice for a change! Don't get me wrong, the water is still stained and greenish, but it doesn't have the floating blobs of algae that it usually does by now. The water temp was only 69 degrees the last time I tried it. It had been up to 74 at one time.

I've been trying it a little lately but it seems like a cold front rolls through a day or so before I get there which has made the fishing tough for me and others that I've talked to while at the lake. Another tell-tale sign is the lack of boats at the landing by the time I leave the lake too. They seem to scatter pretty early in the morning, so I'd guess they weren't having much success either. Even with that, it's nice to fish the lake without the slop so I'll keep trying every once in a while yet this year.

I'm heading out to Minnie Belle for the weekend. I spent a lot of time on the lake as a kid, but never fished it. I'm going back with my boat this weekend and would like to hook into some eyes or northerns. Are there any to be had on there? If so, where?

I always had luck on the West side, from the lagoon to the north. Follow the weedline, around 17-18 feet I believe. You will get a lot of bass, but a few eyes and pike as well.

Anyone else fish Collinwood this year, esp. lately? We've caught a few walleyes, but not many bass. We also used to get some real nice crappies out of that lake, but can't seem to find them anymore. Any ideas as to where to find them?

Good morning!

My dad and I had a nice afternoon on the water yesterday. Our goal was to catch some crappies and it took us a awhile to find them, but once we did, the bite was on.

The key was to troll for them until we found a school and then work the school by backtrolling around and thru them. I like to use a small rapala to find them and then switch to a vertical jig method. We usually tip a 1/16th flu flu with a crappie minnow.

In less than an hour we caught all the crappies we wanted. We then fished sunfish and caught a couple of them too. We also had two nice bass and a small walleye.

It was a great day of fishing.

Avid

Anyone been out on Pleasant (just out of Annandale)? Never been on it, but will be fishing it mid-late August. Anyone have tips/techniques for that time of the season? Is there ever anything hanging out in/around that 70' hole? Thanks in advance!

thorcory, what color frog has been good for you. I've tried both white and black with no luck. Haven't tried my green yet.

BnS, what kind of techniques have been working lately for bass? I've done OK with wacky rig but actually have been hitting some bass while trolling for northern with rattle trap or clackin' rap. Hit a few in <4 FOW with wacky then in >15 FOW while trolling.. They seem to be at sporatic locations...at least on the lakes I've been fishing.

Desperate for a Lake Collinwood report. I Have company coming, hoping to catch something good enough to take photos of on Collinwood. Guess I spoiled them in the past. Anybody fish it today? If so, for what -and where? Any help would be appreciated. I am open to any other lake suggestions in the Hutch, Cokato, Dassel area!!!

Fished Erie this morning. Was a little slow after yet another cold front, but we managed seven largemouth up to 18" and several crappies from 8 to 10" on crankbaits and small jig spinners ("beetlespins") along the outside weed edges in 8 to 10 feet of water. Good luck!

Had some good Crappie action on Ripley this past weekend. Caught about 15 crappies 8-12 inches by the fishing dock. Used crappie minnows and jigs.

I also did pretty well this weekend (before the cold front moved in). While the milfoil continues to drop my property values, the fishing on the edges of that [PoorWordUsage] has been pretty good. Numerous bass and 2 walleye hit my Gulp leeches on a lindy rig with small bullet sinker (to get through the infestations). Gulp leeches stay on the hook while ripping through the edges. After the cold front, nothing.

Has anyone fished Collinwood, Belle, Erie or Stella since Monday?

I'm still hoping to get some good leads before my company arrives. Nice report from Smuts about Erie. Caught my biggest walleye, to date, at little Lake Erie. 30 1/2" 10.5 lbs were the stats. Taxidermist found an 8 3/4" partly digested bullhead in her stomach and yet, she still went for a crankbait. Good to know there are still some halfway decent Crappies in there.

Anybody fish Big Swan lately? If so, any luck?

I know this is a little late, but I was out last weekend around the Hutchinson area and had a nice fishing weekend.

On Saturday, my friend and I got into some nice crappies up to 12 inches. We were drifting along a breakline in about 9 to 12 feet of water with jigs and minnows. I wooped his you know what 18 to 2. I like to use a 1/8 ounce stand-up style jig tipped with a bigger crappie minnow.

On Sunday, I fished a lake in Meeker County and had some luck catching just about everything. I had a nice 20 inch walleye and three smaller ones. I also caught decent crappies, sunfish, pike and a few bullheads.

That old saying about the dog days of summer, is a myth. Fish are active and biting aggressively. Just find a nice breakline and work it until you find fish.

I can't wait to hit the water this weekend. Has anyone had any luck on Belle lately?

Avid

Dog days of summer haven't started yet since the water temp is still cooler than last year. Give it a week or 2 and they (dog days) will be in full force. Fishing was awesome last night with a walleye bite every 5-10 minutes or so. Boated about 15-20. Kept a few...gotta love the full moon.

Just wondering if anyone has some insight for me on some crappies or sunfish? thanks in advance!

Good morning everyone!

You are right bass doctor, the water temps are still favorable for the fish right now and they are in biting moods. I hope it stays that way.

Shawn, as for as info about sunfish and crappies, are you looking for tips on what lakes to try or are you looking for what to use to catch them?

In previous posts, there has been some info on some lakes that are giving up crappies. I would try the lakes that were hot this last winter for crappie action. The numbers are higher in these lakes and are easier to find. Concentrate on looking at main lake points that have a decent drop off and also look for inside turns along a breakline. These spots concetrate fish and all sorts.

I like to rip jig with a fathead minnow.

Good luck.

Avid

Is anybody fishing Collinwood this weekend? Sure could use a "good news" fishing report from there or some other lake in the general area. Good Luck! Be safe and fish on!

Good afternoon,

I went fishing with a buddy on Pearl Lake by Kimabll last Saturday and had a blast catching nice bluegills and crappies. They sure seemed to like the pink and white shrimpos. We found them on a nice shallow breakline. We also had some bass and pike.

I know this isn't that close to Hutch, but I thought I would post a report.

Forecast is calling for cooler temps this week, so I don't think we will see water temps hit the 80 degree mark. Fishing has been pretty consistent for panfish.

Avid

Dog days of summer haven't started yet since the water temp is still cooler than last year. Give it a week or 2 and they (dog days) will be in full force. Fishing was awesome last night with a walleye bite every 5-10 minutes or so. Boated about 15-20. Kept a few...gotta love the full moon.

Can you PM me. I have a couple questions about your walleye fishing. Thanks

Good morning everyone!

Wow, we had a tough weekend of fishing. This has been my worst two outings all year.

On Saturday I went to Hook and gave it a shot from 6:30 am til 10:00. Not one fish. I was trying for crappie and walleye. The lake is really green. Has anyone had any luck out there this year?

On Sunday, we tried a couple of Winsted area lakes and caught one 31 inch northern and two small crappie.

I fished a total of 7 hours and caught two crappies. Oh well. Chalk it up to experience. Two of the lakes I had never fished before, so it was a learing excursion. I found some nice humps and breaks to be checked at a different time.

That is one thing I try to do everytime I go out, even if I don't catch fish, learn something about the trip that will help you next time out.

Have a great week.

Avid

Good evening!

Just read the inquiry about Hook. All we seem to catch there in open water season are bullheads-even on crankbaits. I, too, have heard there are supposed to be some nice gamefish in there, but we haven't found them-yet!

Got some decent panfish on Marion last weekend, but could only catch small walleyes. Are there any bigger ones left in there?

Anybody fish Collinwood lately?

Wishing everyone a safe, fish filled weekend.

I'm curious how green the water is at Collinwood. I haven't been up there for at least a month and it wasn't bad at that time before the warm weather hit.

I couldn't believe how scummy Belle is now. Wow. Thought I was on Collinwood!

Good morning!

Wow, those of you that were on the water yesterday know how nice it was. I was able to get out in the afternoon until sun down.

I targeted crappies to start out and smacked them good. Within an hour I had caught more than 20 crappies. I kept what I wanted to eat and threw back the rest. They were on a sharp break that drops from 10 feet to 20 feet within 20 yards. I was vertical jigging with a 1/8 ounce jig tipped with a minnow.

I then tried a lake I have never fished before and trolled a #3 rattle trap and caught another half dozen crappies.

I then went to another lake and tried for some walleyes before dark and had no luck.

It was fun too get out and wet a line again.

Have a great week. I am heading north this weekend to fish for eyes and huge bluegills.

Avid

Good morning!

Wow, those of you that were on the water yesterday know how nice it was. I was able to get out in the afternoon until sun down.

I targeted crappies to start out and smacked them good. Within an hour I had caught more than 20 crappies. I kept what I wanted to eat and threw back the rest. They were on a sharp break that drops from 10 feet to 20 feet within 20 yards. I was vertical jigging with a 1/8 ounce jig tipped with a minnow.

I then tried a lake I have never fished before and trolled a #3 rattle trap and caught another half dozen crappies.

I then went to another lake and tried for some walleyes before dark and had no luck.

It was fun too get out and wet a line again.

Have a great week. I am heading north this weekend to fish for eyes and huge bluegills.

Avid

Note from Admin, please read forum policy before posting again, thank you.

FYI,

I could also mention that i caught a couple sunnies and crappies too and never mention that its in my backyard pond.

daoshao, my guess is you just don't get it.

If I were you I would read or start a different forum.

Very nice post Avid A, keep them up. I too have found the crappies to be hitting like gang busters with an occational walleye to boot.

Hester

• The title was changed to Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports