• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports

13 feet.

Now I went to move and the rope that starts my 3 wheeler broke. I just want to start today over.

Lol sounds like fishing to me! Should have seen my trip a week or so ago. If it can it will right.

Well on Buffalo I assume you would be targeting Crappies and Walleye's. Considering it is a bright sunny day, you aren't going to find any of those fish in 13 ft of water.

Look for a 19-20 ft shelf and set up for the Sun down bite if you can get the wheeler started. Good luck

How safe is the ice to drive on? I seen like maybe 10 inches where I was. I need to go get my wheeler off the lake but I'm not thrilled on driving on it with my truck. I have a Durango. I've seen a mini van and smaller trucks and cars out there but nothing the size of my truck.

How safe is the ice to drive on? I seen like maybe 10 inches where I was. I need to go get my wheeler off the lake but I'm not thrilled on driving on it with my truck. I have a Durango. I've seen a mini van and smaller trucks and cars out there but nothing the size of my truck.

good question. trucks on the ice yet anyone?

Pelican has a bunch of trucks out there on the main part of the lake. Not saying its safe to drive, bit some are driving out.

The lakes around the town of Howard Lake have had trucks pulling wheelhouses driving on them since New Years Day[not saying it is safe or smart].

The lakes I have fished have about 10 inches of ice.

Workin'

The lakes around the town of Howard Lake have had trucks pulling wheelhouses driving on them since New Years Day[not saying it is safe or smart].

The lakes I have fished have about 10 inches of ice.

Workin'

With 10 inches of ice I think you answered your own question on the safe or smart thing! wink

Buffalo has well over 13" ice, I didn't get accurate depth yet. But fished 4 areas, talked 8 other guys around the lake. The fishing has slowed way down, though a couple guys had caught some perch and pike.

Earlier this winter as many guys left, Pelican lake just after dark, I saw 4 guys going out. A friend said they were catching the bigger crappies, 1hr 1/2 after dark, some going 10-12" long. I tried it out tonight, went out after the rain stopped,limited out on 10 -12" crappies.

Dean Lake has sunfish going, but need to sort a lot of small fish. Deer lake is dark stain dark but glow jigs work best. Minnows are best for the better fish, I have made several of my own glow hooks, catching 10-12" crappies and some 8-9" bluegills.

If anyone has a chance to get on pelican today I wouldn't mind hearing a report on the ice and fishing after the rain and cold.

Thanks

hey carver i see your from norwood pm me if you ever wanna hit marion ive never fished it before but would like to otherwise I got some decent spots for crappies not little ones either

The ice on Pelican is about 16" where I was out from the landing then north to the deep water by the majority of the houses. I fished it this morning from 10-12. I marked fish on the bottom and they would follow it up but only tricked a small Crappie into taking the bait. Saw the guy next to me get a 4-5 lb pike on a tip up. Not great fishing but bad time of the day and I couldn't stay long into prime time but the ice is in good shape.

Good nite on the lake got 9 eyes all between 18" and 24.5" they hit set lines with plain hook and fathead in 21 to 26 fow all from 11pm to 4am nothing before or after fished from 3:30 yesterday to 8am this morning

Good nite on the lake got 9 eyes all between 18" and 24.5" they hit set lines with plain hook and fathead in 21 to 26 fow all from 11pm to 4am nothing before or after fished from 3:30 yesterday to 8am this morning

nice, what lake was this on?

• 2 weeks later...

I was just looking at the lakes in mcleod county on the net reports and there stocking reports. Looks like you guys got some good lakes up there might have to swing up that way one of these days.

Looking at trying out Wakanda, Diamond and Swan this weekend. Is there anything a guy should know about these lakes as far as aereators (sp.)?

Or if it would just be a waste of time? I see on other posts that Swan is pretty full of smaller sunnies/crappies.

I think you would have better luck asking in the Willmar area forum. I do not have any info for these lakes.

The only way you'll catch fish around there is to try a lake that isn't being fished, and hasn't been fished at all this winter.

Find one that hasn't had any attention or gossip for 3 or 4 years and give it a try.

If you catch fish and go back another day, tell nobody, and be sure to snow-camo your entire outfit. Secrecy is the last effective mode of conservation on those small lakes.

I hear ya Bureaucrat about secrecy. It's unfortunate that some people won't put the time in to find fish and would rather just wait and see where everyone else is fishing and set up right next to them.

I've got a couple low pressure lakes in mind. I'll let ya know how they turn out.

Don't tell me. Don't tell anyone. Best thing you can do for all of us is tell none of us. Then maybe one day, one of us will be out pioneering on a forgotten lake and strike the motherload.

Pass it on.

+1000 keep it a secret unless you dont wanna catch anything a year from now. I have a lake thats producing huge gills and crappies but guarantee nobody will be out there fishing thank god dnr doesnt net it so nobody knows about it. Ill post some pics saturday after I go back out there.

• The title was changed to Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports