• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports

I have to agree with BuckSutherland. There is a lot of pressure on some of our lakes,when there is a good bite fish get pounded.

On a side note at least the local C.O. is watching the heavily pressured lakes. One of the guys I work with has been checked 4 of the last 4 times out [different lakes all four times].

I have to agree with BuckSutherland. There is a lot of pressure on some of our lakes,when there is a good bite fish get pounded.

On a side note at least the local C.O. is watching the heavily pressured lakes. One of the guys I work with has been checked 4 of the last 4 times out [different lakes all four times].

Who is the local CO? I would like to get his number. Couple years ago when brooks lake got pounded I called TIP and wright county sherriff office all day and nobody ever came. I even gave them my license plate house description and everything and never got checked in 48 hours of fishing.

Last night the CO checked the houses on Belle, I think there are only 4 or 5 left on the entire lake. Proves that nothing is happening for anyone else either.

We fished from 3:00 pm until the Super Bowl ended and caught ONE very small perch. Quite frustrating!

Agreed, for every lake being fished out, there are 10 that are loaded with fish with no people. Just need to find them.

I also agre with Farley and Hester. Most of the time I am looking for the next hot bite on some lake where I am blazing my own trail[easy to cover your tracks this year]. There are a lot of people who want a sure thing so they are chasing rumors and then get all bent when the lake is full of people and few fish.

Buck as far as local C.O.s

Brian Mies patrols Wright county west of county road 8 near Waverly his number is 320 398-8000

Brett Oberg patrols McLeod county and south his number is 320 234-3741

Wayne Hatlestad patrols the Litchfield area his number is 320 587-8273

Also there is a page on the d.n.r.s website called C.O.finder when on this page you can point the cursor at any spot on the map and a pop up will give the C.O.s nae and number for that spot.

just to add my 2cents on the subject half the time you do heard a good tip it always a day late and a dollar short(wish i made a dollar a day lol). I got a new way of doing things is to keep fishing the same few lakes a year and know them and learn how to fish them instead of following the herd. Lots of good lakes just got to learn how to fish them fish didn't leave they are still there.

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone going out tonight to Buffalo and looking for someone to tag along with? Not sure how the night bite is so I thought I would give it a shot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I can't believe how quiet this forum has been?

The spring panfish bite is starting to pick up. I am hearing reports from most traditional spots kicking out fish. I haven't had any success yet in two times out, but maybe this weekend.

Water temps are a little cool yet, but this warm up the next couple days will get fish hungry again.

I look forward to some reports.

Avid

Made a spur of the moment trip sunday night or monday night, cant remember, its been a long week crazy . Went to a local lake about an hour and change before sunset, caught just one nine inch crappie. The wife missed a couple, but other than that nothing. Sure did feel good to be out again.

Hopefully getting out this weekend with the good weather and before this front were supposed to get next week moves in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Took the kids out to the dock on the river behind my house yesterday thinking the influx of warm water from all the rain (rose at least a foot over the weekend) would bring the sunfish in finally. To no surprise it did, but MUCH to my surprise if we went close to the bottom instead of near the surface (a difference of maybe a foot to 18 inches) they got substantially bigger. We managed a nice meal of them during the last couple hours of the late afternoon. I was managing 3 kids and think they lost 5 bobbers, 6 little jigs and I retied at least a half dozen other times from tangles that were beyond untangling. It was a blast though and they are going to taste great tomorrow night!full-17742-20331-536130_1015084535546832

Well it is that time of year again!!

I think the walleye bite will be in full swing as we hit the water this weekend. As always, there will be different patterns on each lake to figure out. I am glad we got some rain in the last week. That will help to narrow down some spots and techniques.

I think a shallow bite will be going in the morning and evenings on the clear lakes and even during the day on the cloudy lakes.

Casting cranks or live bait should work.

Can't wait!!

Avid

Decent opener,a buddy and myself hit the water at 1:00 am.

We struggled to get the first one,but after that we had a flurry of hits.

We ended up boating 7 walleyes [3 @ 15" and 4 from 21"-23"],1 pike and 1 bass.

All fish were caught on crankbaits in less than 6 feet of water.

Time for a nap so I can hit the sunset bite!!!!!

Workin'

We hit the water about 10 yesterday, little later than planned. Average opener minus having motor troubles all day. Took 45 minutes to get it fired up at the first lake, that was an embarassment, sorry to anybody from here that happened to be there, you'll know who I'm talking about blush. Boated 1 27" Northern and one 13" 'eye, both C&R. Second lake, motor kept dying due to a failed carb rebuild mad and eventually ran out of juice on the cranking battery, thank god for trolling motors. Said the heck with it and called it a day. Made one pass on lake number 2 and didnt get a bite. I think everyone got one h3ll of a sunburn though. Game on next weekend after a correct carb rebuild.

Very tough opener for me. Hit all the wrong lakes at the wrong time. Tried three different lakes and had two pike and one crappie.

Did not hear of too many good reports. I knew one person who limited out for two guys, otherwise it was one or two fish here and there.

Went out yesterday, and we had 6 for three guys. One throw back. Kept a 14, 15, 17 and 19 inch walleye for three guys.

Found them in shallow water. 5.5 ft. Using lindy rigs with leeches and crawlers.

Won't be out for awhile around here. Heading to Winnie next weekend and then camping up north Memorial Weekend.

Avid

Fished from about 6pm till 330am on Belle,Collinwood,Jennie, Stahl's and Marion 1 30" Pike. Friend got the pike on rapala I used bobber with fathead all nite and nothing, couple bites.

Went out to Jennie tonight with the wife. WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THAT LAKE!!!???? The whole lake is solid weeds ALREADY!!! we casted raps along shore and I lost a really nice bass and 1 small northern. Then we decided to try and troll floater raps along the tops of some of the weeds and it worked for the 20 minutes total we did it. Wife caught a fat 20 incher! And of course lots of weeds with it! Wont be going out there again! Could not believe the whole lake is that full of weeds!

I heard the same thing from a guy I talked to out on Collinwood....said the weeds were so bad on Jennie he couldn't fish out there

Was out today from 8:00am to 10:00am with the wife. We boated 9, the wife had 7 of them. We brought three home for supper tonight and couldn't be happier. First time out for the season and a nice fish meal to go with it. We fished the south side in the wind in 5 to 8 FOW.

I was thinking about trying a few lakes in the hutch area this wknd anyone been having any luck in that area. Walleye crappie ? Marion,Belle,washington,stella,star ? Any info would be appreciated.

I've heard that some fish were caught on Washington. I've heard that Belle & Marion was quite for some.

I either picked the right lake or the right time today; we arrived at the lake at 3:00 pm and in 10 minutes I had a 19.75" walleye in the net.

We got chased off the lake about 6:00pm,but we were out of crawlers by then anyhow.

We ended up with 9 walleyes,we were dragging jigs tipped with crawlers just inside the deep weed edge.

My brother hit the same lake around 8:00pm and called to tell me I left some there for him.

workin

I've heard that some fish were caught on Washington.

With the number of boats there on the opener I would hope someone caught something!

• The title was changed to Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports