• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports

Fishing sure has slowed since the cold front monday ! Still getting out with with wheeler on the couple lakes iv been hitting , pink n white seem to be the ticket tipped with plastics in 4' to 12' of water! Ice is getting sketchy some more warm weather will put an end to hard water season

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anybody find any crappies moving in yet!

The crappies have moved in several times and then we get a cold front blowing in and they move back out. With the forecast of above normal temps things should get interesting soon.

workin'

• 2 weeks later...

Looking like Sat will be a great day to get the line wet!

Few fish, little sun, and a cold one! Thats all I need!

Good Luck to all!

Yeah, conditions are lining up nicely. Should be a good opener.

Well, how'd people do this past weekend. I heard lots of reports, but walleye fishing was spotty at best. A few fish here and there, but I think some clear water may have played a factor in a tough day bite for most.  I had a few nice walleyes, bass and crappies. Plenty for a fish fry and some pics. The memories were the most important part. Had a good time with my dad.

Avid

• Thumbs Up 2

Very slow for us got 1 pike 1 bass that was it out all day 3 different lakes. I believe the were very shallow

• Thumbs Up 2

Made it out today to Clearwater. Didn't get to the lake till about 10 but targeted some eyes and got one around 11 that was 19 and a half.  I don't have much experience out there but tried lots of spots pulling a jig up the drops with leeches. Might be to soon for the leeches. Also got a few pike. 

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Fished cedar lake this evening. Moved around alot when I first got out there just trying to mark fish n jigging a leech quick at each spot. Not much activity ended up getting one 14 inch eye in about 15 ft bobber fishing. Hoping for some good warm stable weather.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hit up an area lake Friday night and Saturday morning. Friday night casted jigs and crank baits. Caught one 24" on a crankbait, nothing on the jig. Saturday it was game on, fished 7'-12' with a jig and  half a crawler and jig/leech. Caught around 30 eyes between my buddy and I. Nothing real big but tons of mid range fish (14"-17") with a couple cigars as well. Water temp was around 67*.  Here is the 24"er, t-boned a perch pattern trolls to 15' rapala. Not sure how to spin it I think it's sideways, whatever I'm going to bed. image.thumb.jpg.9049695657aa4e18e449b549

• Thumbs Up 1

The walleyes are definitely transitioning to more of the summer spots now. Water temps are creeping up there now. I saw 72 on an area lake yesterday.

Eyes are still going though. The heat is coming though, going to change everything in a week or two.

• Thumbs Up 1

The lake are getting hotter and greener by the day. Won't be long and we will be able to walk across the scum on top.

workin'

• 3 weeks later...

Going to take my daughter out tomorrow for some fishing, has anyone been having any luck at Stella, Washington, Long or Spring? Would like to get her into some pike and panfish and may be a eye or 2. Thanks

Nothing biting on Hook??

Minnebelle would be good for action. Lots of bass, sunfish and some monster pike and walleyes.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lots of small ones, but at least we are seeing fish this spring compared to last. Hopefully we will see some size to them after this summer, LOTS weds but water is still very clear. So the fish kill seems to be a benefit in the long run.

Went to Stella and was able to get a few bass and Northerns and had a pair of loons hanging around the boat so she was happy :) Been wanting to hit up Mini Belle ever since we looked at a house out there, might try to hit it next week - thanks!

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 months later...

Fished the western section of Clearwater Lk last night with terrible results. Fished mainly for sunfish, but also threw a Carolina rig for bass in key areas. I don't think I've ever seen the lake so dead, both for fishing and boating activity. Put this lake low on your list for fishing fun.

Fished the eastern section of Clearwater Friday morning had a decent,but not great time. I got my biggest walleye for Clearwater at just over 26 inches.

workin

Had two guide trips this weekend, the first trip found the 8-10" walleyes and bass about the same size.  Trip two found the lots small pike and bass. We did find the rock bass, fished both east and west ends of Clearwater.  I equated much to the front, but also these are people the have done little to no fishing before. Jigging and rig fishing has normally been easy for people to catch on with. After they get the basics of a spinning reel down then we can move to casting other baits.

Several times the trips are teaching the basics, the clients have always liked learning something new.  Even the guys that have been fishing for years, pick up a few things new to add to their bag of tricks.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Slow bite still at Clearwater,was out today. I caught 5 dinky bass,3 pike and 2 walleyes,well one was only 7 inches,but I believe that it still counts. The other was just over 20 inches.

workin'

• 2 weeks later...

The nursery was really easy to find, no keeper eyes, the action was fun for the people fishing with me. We stopped at one location with a minute client had a 3lb pike on, they caught 4other fish before we went searching for the better sized walleyes.  We did try a couple different presentations, the one only not tried was to troll cranks, but they had to meet wives back at hotel- we ran out of time.

• 2 weeks later...

I took my daughter out yesterday and she caught the big fish of the day, a 31" northern on 6# test crappie rod. Both crappie and gills were small on the lake we were on and with the warm day we had they were back in the shallows. Great day out there and the parking lot was full on the last warm day.

• 2 months later...

Don't be afraid to fish the shallow water in 3-4 ft. That is where I got mine. I tried some 5-6ft and got nothing. Bobber lines with minnows worked best. Avoid the crowds if possible. That shallow water spooks fish with too much commotion.  They are nice fat healthy fish. A fat 13" eats well!

Might as well try to catch them before they all become floaters in the spring and eagle food.

Good luck! Hopefully this snow doesn't mess things up.

Avid

• Thumbs Up 1

Avid, may I ask is it a long walk out to the walleye spots. I would like to take my mom out she can't walk to far we are not eye guys but thought we would try it. Not looking for any hot spots. Thanks Avid it's been slow around here. I just don't want to get there and find out I have to walk 1/2 a mile hee hee.

• The title was changed to Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports