• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports

Made it to one the lakes up the road from my place on Wednesday after work and got into some nice gills and bass. I was working the shallows with the trolling motor and my polarized sunglasses and was amazed at all the nice gills and bass that were up in 2 feet of water or less. some of the bass appeared to be on beds. they were really spooked easily. I did manage a few bites. I did end up keeping the one in the pic thou. don't keep many bass but I felt like a bass supper that night so I kept only that one bass and a few gills to go with it.

here is the pics (same fish in both pics).

full-29971-46231-dscn4264.jpg

full-29971-46232-dscn4263.jpg

I caught a lot of bass yesterday. Found them in weeds 6.5 -7.5 ft of water.

Water temp 75 already.

yea the water temp on the lake where I caught the bass in the picture was 72 degrees.

out on clear water got 25 hammer handles 8 bass and two 8 pd dog fish who let the dogs out. last time i caught one of those was twenty years ago . water temp 73 degrees

I had a guide trip on Clearwater lake. Client had one dogfish on a hook, while another dogfish tried to grab the bait of the first ones mouth.

Anybody ever try to eat one? I see a lot of them in the current areas of the lake and have caught a few by accident. Some big Bowfin in Clearwater.

I've always wanted to try one, but the seem so rare. I imagine them a mix between a northern and a trout.

Or like a sucker, boney as heck. I smoked sucker only once, never again, use for cut bait only.

I have thought of doing one for my taxidermy display, can really look cool.

• 3 weeks later...

Fished several Annandale area lakes yesterday. Found lake one to be very turbid, river system and another few inches of rain, muddied the water. Where I did find cleaner water, I did find fish that were willing to bite. Not much for size or quanity so desided to try a lake with cleaner water.

Fishing was much better at lake 2; water was much clearer throughout the system. Found most bass in transition mode, starting to set up along the deeper edge of developing weedlines. They could be caught on several presentations, jigs, cranks, and traditional worming techniques all brought fish topside. No big girls, but a lot of fish in that 15" range.

Lake 3 was a quest for large gills and finding big bass; although action was fast, the size never got me to open the livewell on the gills. Unless you wanted to keep a limit of pumkinseeds and various hybids, they were huge. Just wasn't what I was looking for; knowing that this lake has nice gills. Only 2 bass over 17. Maybe I'll find them big bluegills next time out...If not the bass fishing on this lake was also nonstop, although the bass are normally picky about what they want. The bass fishing here stays consistant during this time of year, once you unlock the pattern for the day.full-44147-46775-038(800x690).jpg

Good Fishin' Everyone

• Thumbs Up 1

Or like a sucker, boney as heck. I smoked sucker only once, never again, use for cut bait only.

I have thought of doing one for my taxidermy display, can really look cool.

I've always wanted a big sucker all smashed up and bleeding in a big pikes mouth as a mount.

a new PB for me this am 24" pike practicing crank baits on eagle topping my 22" mille lacs walleye last year full-37274-46836-img_0004.jpg

It's always fun to share with people when you catch your personal best. I just caught my p.b. in Howard lake recently. If someone was in the boat with me I would've released it after a good picture, but shared with a number of people some fresh walleye. I would like to focus on some catfishin' in Buffalo lake soon. p.s. The walleye was 4 lbs 2oz.full-45113-46850-bigwalleye.jpg

I was snorkeling around some bulrushes one day, and one of them big ugly suckers came up face to face with my swim mask. I ran before he did.

• 3 weeks later...

Fishing has still been good for all species, but like always, you need to be fishing a lake that is producing.

Tuesday July 8th: Super windy...fished windy shoreline...4 Walleyes of which 3 triplets just under 19" and one 24" plus, 3 football smallies... spinners with red, white, blue beads and indiana hammered copper blades. Used fats. Wednesday...nothing...no wind at all, lake was flat. Bottom line...the cormorants haven't gotten them all !!

Haven't seen the small fish this year. If you catch anything, they are nice size. I do think the pelicans and cormorants are effecting the area lakes. Washington should be a panfish factory and you can't buy more than a few panfish out there.

Did some trolling sat a.m. skunk ed on that but found crappies & gill s to be very active on weedlines with twisted tails

I went out to Clearwater Saturday afternoon and there was a hatch of something going on. 5 feet down there was a cloud on the depth finder 2 - 3 feet thick. They looked kind of like a dragon fly but smaller with a long skinny tail. There was also clusters of them on the surface. Fishing was slow for everyone I talked to but the weather was so nice.

Fishing hasn't been slow on Clearwater at all lately; especially if your looking for bluegills in that great to eat 8-9 inch range. Weed edges from 10-16 foot range, using jigs tipped with live or artificial bait. Don't overlook deeper rock areas or mid-lake humps.

Bass fishing has also been fantastic, with fish holding along think coontail edges. Carolina rigged lizards and 7 inch worms have been rippin' plenty of lips in that 15 inch range, with an occasional 18"er to keep you on your toes.

Natur are you sure you were on Clearwater??? Lmao. Even a blind squirrel like me can find fish that want to bite on Clearwater,... lots of spots and plenty of fish out there. Hope you have better luck next time.

[Note from admin: Your post has been edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

The gills have been suicidal out there, as long as your looking in the right areas with the correct presentation I guess. The mayflies are sure fattening them up nicely.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow nice bunch of fish! I might be coming up to that area in the next week or so to take my dad out fishing and those 8-9 inch sunnies would be the ticket!!

"Saturday fishing was Slow on Clearwater". Not all summer. Everyone I talked to had similar experience. I did catch fish but it wasn't lots of action, then again I wasn't fishin for gills I was trolling for eyes and some crappies. Their was a bug hatch going on also. Thursday might have been good , Friday might have been good, and Sunday might have been good, but for those Actually There Saturday that I talked to and myself it was slow. I don't post pictures of every fish I catch but you can be sure if you see me post a picture on a report it would be from the lake I'm talkin about on the day I'm talkin about.

[Note from admin: Your post has been edited. Please read forum policy before posting again. Thank you.]

• Thumbs Up 1

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't even have responded to such a post. Why feed trolls.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow nice bunch of fish! I might be coming up to that area in the next week or so to take my dad out fishing and those 8-9 inch sunnies would be the ticket!!

Thanks, if you put a good game plan together you should have no problem catching some nice gills out there. Let me know if you need a good starting point. As you've read some people are out there fishing, while others are just wishing.

• Thumbs Up 1

• The title was changed to Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports