• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports

Went out and fished till 2 am and also got skunked. Fished some more in the day and couldn't even find a pike on Pulaski. It was really slow.

Don't feel allow! Bartman, joined me on Pulaski today from 7- 2:30 this afternoon. NO walleyes, 1- 14" pike, small bass and pannies in lil' pulaski.

Got back to the ramp talked with DNR survey people, They said The fishing was not good, not much caught. Bartman and I could see why, Bait balls the size of a truck or bus, all around the lake. All those fish need is to inhale and get a full belly.

Saturday was a beautiful day for boating but not very good for fish catching for our crew. We started out by attempting to find parking spots at Collinwood, both N. and S. accesses, but they were overflowing(thought maybe the Governor's opener had changed locations) so we went over to Erie. Plenty of open spots to park, but we figured out why that was after 4 hours of nothing execpt for one little bass(released, of course)for each boat. So back to Collinwwood to see if the traffic had thinned out-and it had, tremendously. Tried everything and all of our spots with nothing to show for our efforts, but a little pink skin. Never saw a net go out from any other boat. Heard lots of tales of woe at the access, with a report of one 'eye coming from 17' of water. Haven't seen the lake as clear or devoid of weed growth in a long time. Maybe next time!

Fresh walleyes for me tonight!! I heard it was kinda slow all over. I caught my walleyes from 6 1/2 feet to 16 feet of water. Went by Jenni on the way home and saw the lot was full. Anybody have any luck out there?

yea i went to a few spots yesterday and only got one very small pike and a small bass as well sounds like a tough opener

Need to pull out the trick book to fool the fish. Bring dr. Psycho to hipnaties fish into biting. grin

First boat on the landing at Belle Friday night. Tough night though, caught one at 12:01, missed another shortly after. Then nothing else. Moved on to another lake for trout just before sun up.

Hi everyone!

I think it was a tough opener for most, but a few caught fish.

I went out at midnight and in two hours we caught about 30 walleyes between 3 guys. Most were small (less than 12 inches). We did keep 6 of them. The biggest were over 16. It was a beautiful night for lighted bobbers.

Avid

Talked with a friend of mine today and he pounded the crappie on Belle. 5' of water and these were some very nice crappie with some going 14 plus inches along with some eyes, bass and northern.

All on minnows and in one spot.

So my original plan was to go waaaaay up north for memorial weekend, but since that's not going to happen, we are now going to join my in-laws at schroeder park on cedar lake. Is the lake crazy busy on that weekend to the point that it's unfishable?

Yes Cedar gets very busy during the holiday weekend. Early moring and evenings will be your best bet for fishing.

NIGHT TROLLING CRANKS!

due to the high volume of day stuff going on I would recommend also taking in some night cranking..

Thanks for the advice. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for cool, rainy weather that weekend.

Hit Belle Lake this morning, caught 5 eyes, one was 12", one 14", two were 19", and one was 23". Bite died about 11:30, so wasn't too disappointed.

That sounds like a good day, eyeswideopen. I was out there yesterday also. I only had on 19". Do you have any pointers, depth, color, structure, spots, anything helps. Thanks.

Hawgs at High Noon

I decided to hit a local lake this morning despite the threat of rain in the forecast to look for some walleye. I've been out twice since the season opened (Sunday and Wednesday) but only connected on a couple on Sunday after a long day of searching. Today was different.

The wind was out of the east and finally there was some heavy cloud cover to give the fish some protection from the sun. Since the wind has been blowing mainly out of the south/southeast all week long I set up on the west shoreline on the north half of the lake and about an hour passed before connecting with a 21 incher. By this time the wind was blowing at a nice clip and the rain was falling. I kept trying around that area for a while but there was nothing else...one and done.

At that point I decided to keep moving to see if there was any others on the windblown shoreline so I made my way down the line where I popped another on a floating jig and leech that went just over 21". Wow! Two really nice fish! I worked that spot for the rest of the morning and picked up a 19.5" shortly after the second fish, then later came a 24", and a 26" fatty that went 6.2 lbs! All of these fish came out of seven to nine feet of water and went back into seven to nine feet of water after a quick measurement/picture.

The flurries came between 10-11 am and then another at high noon which is when I got the 24" and 26" fish. Although a soggy morning at a lake I generally don't care for, it was definitely one of the better ones I've had lately in terms of the size of the fish.

Had a good trip for panfish on Buffalo. They were in shallow.

Let's have some fun in here get to know each other and share some reports. How did your fishing trip go?

I'll be there with ya although i wont join ya for your rain dance. If you see a black F150 with turkey decals in the back window pulling a lund i can point you in directions to where i have had luck. I will be getting there sunday night for a week of camping and fishing.

Guided two people on an area lake Saturday morning. Got two nice pike and a 17-inch walleye trolling Flat Raps in 5-6 feet before chased off by the storm. Since the guys had paid for a full day and only got two hours, met them at the lake again Sunday morning. Picked up one more pike trolling, then switched to casting shallow areas (4 to 7 feet). Caught three more eyes from 17 to 19, two more nice pike in the low 30's, four largemouth from 16 to 19, and two 18-inch smallies. Also lost another eye by the boat and got bit off by a pike. Were casting X-Raps and Husky jerk-baits both worked as jerk baits, and a Berkley four-inch Power Minnow on a 3/8 oz. Lindy Wide Gap worked in a "snap-jigging" technique. All species of gamefish were in shallow water with weeds (soft bottom) near hard bottom (gravel and rock) not too far from shore. When the sun came out and the wind quit, the walleyes and pike quit so we quit too--HOT and HUMID! Good luck, and stay safe out there.

Any body with ant info about crappies and depth don't need locations just curious to hear what ya got and depths? Thanks, Good Fishing to all this weekend!

On Clearwater yesterday, the crappies appeared to be finishing up spawning and moving to post-spawn locations. Look for cover in 5'-10' nearby typical spawn areas this weekend. Most area lakes should be in similar seasonal patterns. Good luck!

Crappies on most lakes are in the shallows now, had the grand--daughters out caught several nice crappies released all.

On Clearwater yesterday, the crappies appeared to be finishing up spawning and moving to post-spawn locations. Look for cover in 5'-10' nearby typical spawn areas this weekend. Most area lakes should be in similar seasonal patterns. Good luck!

We were on Clearwater the same day, and found nice crappies in 2 FOW.

Made it out to a couple of different lakes over the long weekend and still having success getting the bigger fish, including three walleye that went over 20" with one going 24". I've been working mid-lake structure (10-12 feet deep) with the same floating jig mentioned in my last report, mixing it up between crawlers and leeches.

• The title was changed to Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports