• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports

I hope that you don't have over your possession limit in your freezer. wink It sounds like you have had a good winter for walleyes!

I've been eating the few I take home each trip. Eating fish just after they've been caught and cleaned is the best! It is always fun to have family and friends over for a fish fry also. I only have the 3 I kept from this morning left. Now I have to wait till I hit the open water.

i havnt heard much of 10 inch sunnies this year. ive been out a few time and managed 8inch but no 10s. i was just curious if anyone has got any yet

I had one that would have been ten easy, it broke 3 lb test when I tried to horse it out of the hole, I had 1 9.25" and one 9.75" on the ice already that night. I got wet up to my armpit trying to get that fish back, I then stared at the hole for 5 minutes.... I think I cried a little too cry

yeah it seems like they were a heck of alot easier to catch last year. i heard of a guy getting a 11.5 last march

well with the 5000 people that have been out there over the past few years and a lot of people are keeping lots of the big fish it starts to drag down the fish population

How are the landings on Pelican holding up. I was out there Saturday and they were beginning to get sloppy!

The public access was in tough shape today. Another day like today and I don't think you'll be driving vehicles out there.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone!

It has been awhile since I have written. I was out crappie searching yesterday and was wondering if Lake Willie froze out.

A buddy and I spent about three hours out there working the shoreline and didn't get a bite. Water temps were in the mid to high 50's. I would have bet they were in the shoreline, but not so.

We talked to a couple other boats and they had similar reports. I could tell they were telling the truth because all the moving around that was going on.

I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything?

Avid

• 3 weeks later...

Hello!

It's hard to believe that so many days have gone by since anyone has posted anything on this forum page. Hopefully, it's because everybody's been busy getting ready for the big day next Saturday.

Where's everyone going? I'd planned to go to "Beautiful Lake C",but now am under pressure to find a lake where we'll be pretty certain to be able to catch some decent panfish if the walleyes are hiding. Why? Because my son is coming from out of state to join us for the big event. He's just starting to enjoy fishing again, after several years of finding it dull and boring, thinking that chasing a little white ball was the only way to enjoy the great outdoors. So I'm hoping to keep the action coming,from one species or another. With the weather always a big factor in the whole scheme of things, I realize nothing is certain, but if anyone has any ideas, they would be appreciated. If not, no big deal. We'll just enjoy it for what it is. I'm just glad he's ale to make it.

Hope you all have a great, success filled, safe fishing season!

If you had to pick which would you fish?

Heck I could fish Both in one day if one was slow.

I would definitely go with Pulaski.

As you basically mention, if it is slow at one lake, you're only a 5 minute drive to the next.

If you want continuous action on little snot rockets, Pulaski. Those little hammer handles are hiding behind every weed. I'm sure there has been some, but the largest pike I have ever seen out of that lake is probably 3 pounds.

I'd definitely hit up Pulaski. There are a lot more pike in Pulaski than Buffalo. Find a nice emerging weed bed (the one in front of the county park is always good) and throw something bright and flashy and/or noisy. Great action is almost guaranteed. Not many big fish but a heck of a lot of small to medium sized fish that are great for the frying pan.

Put a daredevil on and pull it around the lake in less than 10ft of water you will have a limit of snot rockets in 1 pass. 2 if the waters warm. grin

Sounds like I will be going to Pulaski, never fished the lake before.

Been looking at the LakeMaster Map seems like a lake perfect for trolling.

RumRiverRat, good luck to you. I'll be on the lake at midnight on Friday trying for Walters. Does anyone know if there is a nighttime motor restriction on that lake? We plan on trolling using the outboard.

I will also be out on Pulaski at midnight in search of some walleyes. I was out there last year and everyone (me included) was running around with their outboards so I am pretty sure there is no restriction.

Night is definitely the best time to fish Pulaski for walleye. Due to the clear water the fish can get really finicky during the day.

• The title was changed to Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports