• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports

So Eagle, how is the situation as far as driving out. enough ice I'm sure, but how much slush under how much snow. Get stuck with a truck much? thanx for any help.

As of last Tuesday there was about 4-6" of slush under about the same amount of snow/ice crust on top. I kept breaking through with my ATV and even just walking around my fish house.

I am sure it has changed now but haven't been back out. There was one truck parked straight out from the boat ramp and I don't know if he was breaking through but he was on the road so maybe it was packed more there.

i fished buffalo tonight and i was sitting the the crappie hole by the north acess. i caught just a few crappies but it was fun. i was sitting in about 20 feet and they were down there thick but some would just not bit. i was using crappie minows and yearalarvie.

Josh, I wonder how many of those fish could be carp or catfish? I know there are alot of each, need to find a camera that could work well in the darker water.

was out on belle lake on tuesday night with my old man and we didnt get a fish. Seen a few perch and eyes on the camera, but was a dead see!

I was gonna spend the weekend at the inlaws this week in South Haven and I wanted to do some fishing on Clearwater lake. Does anyone know if people are driving out and where is the access.

had a good night on buffalo 16 to 18 feet four of us caught 26 between 10-11 from six to eight oclock first time on buffalo in ten years. couldnt find any walters though.

anyone know what the ice thickness of buffalo is right now. I would assume it has firmed up after earlier reports of alot of slush.

been in the teens now for a couple weeks.

thinking of heading out today, don't have an ATV, only my new sierra half ton. would hate to lose her...

thanks

Thanks for the update, probably just over cautious, seems like i do the same thinge every year prior to driving out for the first time.

We had 16 inches of ice last night on buffalo

There wasn't much action last night. Nobody I talked to had caught more then just a couple of crappies last night. I'm wondering if the crappies are starting to bite early in the afternoon

That is what happened to me. I got out on the ice about 4:15 tonight, measured about 15 clear and 3-4 white ice, so plenty of ice out where i was. the road out from the access was a bit chewed up, quite rutty...

fishing started hot, had 2 right away, then a bite here or there, then was dead sea by 5:30.

Here is my fishing report for Hutch area....only fish we caught besides a 2# pike...Well worth it!! Our scale said 9#'s 5 oz.

Caught yesterday.

WalleyeJan10.jpg

hard to tell, but looks like a eye?

Yes its a walleye...sorry...cell phone pic. Will post more when I get photos from my buddy...

Hey guys i have fished alot of lakes around hutch and cant seem to pin any fish down does anyone have any info. they would be willing to share with me.

Hey guys i have fished alot of lakes around hutch and cant seem to pin any fish down does anyone have any info. they would be willing to share with me.

just a little plug for some buddies of mine....they have started a business making fish decoys...mostly walleye, crappie and perch, but if you want the info on them, let me know...been absolutely awesome...

I heard there is a good bite in Biscay. The ice is always good on that lake. Sometime a little crowded but not too bad mostly . LOL!!!!!!!!!

Can anybody point me in the direction of any lake in the hutch area. Not any special spots, just lakes. Not even big fish, just looking to do some catching. anything will help. Thanks all

I went out this afternoon/evening and got a perch, pike, and 17" walleye in 15 FOW. Pretty slow and not much showing on the flasher. Should be a nice weekend to get out though.

Made it out again today and managed three 'eyes and a pike fishing in 11 FOW. All too small to keep and not really any pattern to the bite, but at least it's some action.

Spent 6 hours on Mitchell last night. One crappy. One. Marked lots of fish most of the time, but they just werent having it. Tried crappie minnows, waxies, eurolarva, shrimp and 3 kinds of Gulp. Gave up the ghost at about 7pm. I'm thinking Big Eagle, Buffalo or Pelican may be better prospects.

• The title was changed to Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports